Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Something Creepy

Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

creepy and cool at the same time

Nine women in Sweden have successfully received transplanted wombs donated from relatives and will soon try to become pregnant, the doctor in charge of the pioneering project has revealed.

The women were born without a uterus or had it removed because of cervical cancer. Most are in their 30s and are part of the first major experiment to test whether it's possible to transplant wombs into women so they can give birth to their own children.

Life-saving transplants of organs such as hearts, livers and kidneys have been done for decades and doctors are increasingly transplanting hands, faces and other body parts to improve patients' quality of life. Womb transplants — the first ones intended to be temporary, just to allow childbearing — push that frontier even farther and raise some new concerns.

There have been two previous attempts to transplant a womb — in Turkey and Saudi Arabia — but both failed to produce babies. Scientists in Britain, Hungary and elsewhere are also planning similar operations but the efforts in Sweden are the most advanced.

"This is a new kind of surgery," Dr. Mats Brannstrom told The Associated Press in an interview from Goteborg. "We have no textbook to look at."

Brannstrom, chair of the obstetrics and gynecology department at the University of Gothenburg, is leading the initiative. Next month, he and colleagues will run the first-ever workshop on how to perform womb transplants and they plan to publish a scientific report on their efforts soon.

Some experts have raised concerns about whether it's ethical to use live donors for an experimental procedure that doesn't save lives. But John Harris, a bioethics expert at the University of Manchester, didn't see a problem with that as long as donors are fully informed. He said donating kidneys isn't necessarily life-saving, yet is widely promoted.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/swedish-doctors-transplant-wombs-women-21510115

I think of it as more creepy. But Random thought thread is also a option.

Just giving you a hard time, I'm in a sarcastic mood.  I can see it as creepy.

Just came from the gas station and there was this dude in a truck.  The guy looked like he was casing the joint.  He was younger and wearing a black sweatshirt and black beanie (could have been a mask rolled up on top of his head?) My spider senses were tingling hardcore.  I was obviously staring at him (without realizing it) and he fired up his truck and sped off.  Definitely creepy.

Just giving you a hard time, I'm in a sarcastic mood.  I can see it as creepy.

Just came from the gas station and there was this dude in a truck.  The guy looked like he was casing the joint.  He was younger and wearing a black sweatshirt and black beanie (could have been a mask rolled up on top of his head?) My spider senses were tingling hardcore.  I was obviously staring at him (without realizing it) and he fired up his truck and sped off.  Definitely creepy.

I don't understand people who rob gas stations it makes no sense. Rob a bank instead. lmao

• 2 months later...

Mysterious clown sightings creeping out Staten Island residents.

More picks, Twitter reactions, and video at

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/a_creepy_clown_is_scaring_the.html#incart_river

He'd better have magical powers or some ****, because if he toes the line up to a certain point, someone might shoot his ass, or at the very least, throw him a vicious beating.

Btw, that youtube clip was awesome.

Archived