Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Something Creepy

Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!

The spiders are on the move, sending in their paratroopers first:

Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies

NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Thousands of North Texans are asking, “What are those long, silky strings floating in the air?”  Turns out they’re the webs of spiders in their annual migration to better hunting grounds, and surprising a lot of people.

“I thought it was weird; I’d never seen it before,” said Myrna Olivas, who first noticed it driving in her car; then later as she dropped her son off at school.  “It just landed on my head and it left again,” she said adding, “It’s just a big stripe of spider web.  I couldn’t recognize it until I got it closer to me.”

The natural phenomenon was first noticed early Wednesday morning.

They’re called “ballooning” or “floating” webs made by young, migrating spiders.  “There’s some that produce a ball like a balloon, and there’s some they call tent spiders because they create almost like a triangle,” according to Texas A&M Agrilife horticulturist Patrick Dickinson.

Click on the link for full article and video

China’s Killer Hornets Are Enormous And Horrifying

China has a major wasp problem right now. Over the past three months, 21 people have died as a result of wasp stings in the province of Shaanxi alone.

The killer variety responsible is thought to be Vespa mandarinia, or, “Asian giant hornets.” They are typically 2.2 inches long, and attack in swarms. Don’t think you can run away, either. These things will chase you, and can fly at speeds of nearly 25mph.

enhanced-buzz-8605-1380624130-0.jpg

Click on the link for more

China has a major wasp problem right now. Over the past three months, 21 people have died as a result of wasp stings in the province of Shaanxi alone.

The killer variety responsible is thought to be Vespa mandarinia, or, “Asian giant hornets.” They are typically 2.2 inches long, and attack in swarms. Don’t think you can run away, either. These things will chase you, and can fly at speeds of nearly 25mph.

Click on the link for more

Ahhhh easy fix. haha

3765696807_6e34caf9e9_z.jpg

Was just coming in here to post this.  Man, giant hornets are enough to creep me out.  Had a couple run ins with hornet nests back in WV.  Didn't go well.  Glad I'm not allergic.

Death toll up to 42, 1500 injured:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/world/asia/hornet-attack-china/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It's a cheesy Lou Diamond Phillips sci -fi movie come to life. I've watched a lot of those nature shows over the years, and I've been waiting for something like this to happen in the U.S. whether it be some crazy confused swarm that gets pissed off, and ends up here instead of somewhere in South America, or some genetically altered catastrophe.

• 2 weeks later...

It's mid-October, we need more scary, creepy, goosebump-inducing stuff.

Numbers Stations

Link to Wiki page

A numbers station is a type of shortwave radio station characterized by unusual broadcasts, often created by artificially generated voices reciting streams of numbers, words, letters, tunes or Morse code. They are transmitted in a wide variety of languages and the voices are usually female, although sometimes men's or children's voices are used.

In the 1960s, Time magazine reported[citation needed] that the numbers stations first appeared shortly after World War II and were imitating a format that had been used to send weather data during that war. It is widely assumed that these broadcasts transmit covert messages to spies. This has not been officially acknowledged by any government that may operate a numbers station, and QSL responses have been received from numbers stations by shortwave listeners who sent reception reports to said stations, which is the expected behavior of a non-clandestine station.[1][2]

According to the notes of The Conet Project,[6] which has compiled recordings of these transmissions, numbers stations have been reported since World War I. If accurate, this would count numbers stations among the earliest radio broadcasts.

It has long been speculated, and was argued in court in one case, that these stations operate as a simple and foolproof method for government agencies to communicate with spies working undercover.[7] According to this theory, the messages are encrypted with a one-time pad, to avoid any risk of decryption by the enemy. As evidence, numbers stations have changed details of their broadcasts or produced special, nonscheduled broadcasts coincident with extraordinary political events, such as the August Coup of 1991 in the Soviet Union.[8]

This one is downright scary:

The Max Headroom Incident

From WIki:

The Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion was a television signal hijacking that occurred in Chicago, Illinois, on the evening of November 22, 1987. It is an example of what is known in the television business as broadcast signal intrusion. The intruder was successful in interrupting two broadcast television stations within the course of three hours. Neither the hijacker nor the accomplices have ever been found or identified.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdgAMYjYSs*

If I saw this happen on live TV I would have crapped my pants. The last few seconds are kinda NSFW.

Dyatlov Pass

On February 26, the searchers found the abandoned and badly damaged tent on Kholat Syakhl. Mikhail Sharavin, the student who found the tent, said "the tent was half torn down and covered with snow. It was empty, and all the group's belongings and shoes had been left behind. "[2]Investigators said the tent had been cut open from inside. A chain of eight or nine sets of footprints, left by several people who were wearing socks, a single shoe and barefoot, could be followed and led down toward the edge of nearby woods (on the opposite side of the pass, 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) north-east), but after 500 metres (1,600 ft) they were covered with snow. At the forest edge, under a large old cedar, the searchers found the remains of a fire, along with the first two bodies, those of Yuri Krivonischenko and Yuri Doroshenko, shoeless and dressed only in their underwear. The branches on the tree were broken up to five meters high, suggesting that a skier had climbed up to look for something, perhaps the camp. Between the cedar and the camp the searchers found three more corpses, Dyatlov, Zina Kolmogorova and Rustem Slobodin, who seemed to have died in poses suggesting that they were attempting to return to the tent.[2] They were found separately at distances of 300, 480 and 630 meters from the tree.

Searching for the remaining four travelers took more than two months.

An examination of the four bodies which were found in May changed the picture. Three of them had fatal injuries: the body of Thibeaux-Brignolles had major skull damage, and both Dubinina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. According to Dr. Boris Vozrozhdenny, the force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high. He compared it to the force of a car crash. Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure. Dubinina was found to be missing her tongue.[2] There had initially been some speculation that the indigenous Mansi people might have attacked and murdered the group for encroaching upon their lands, but investigation indicated that the nature of their deaths did not support this thesis; the hikers' footprints alone were visible, and they showed no sign of hand-to-hand struggle.[2]

Dyatlov_Pass_incident_02.jpg

More at link

that is super creepy.  wtf happened to those guys?!  died from internal injuries but no visible signs of trauma on their bodies?!  in their underwear and socks? 

whatever happened up there, sounds like it could be made into a movie.

It gets even weirder.

Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.[2]

The Atacama humanoid

For ten years, speculation has raged over the origins of the mummified remains of this six-inch “space alien” discovered in Atacama, Chile.

Known as the Atacama Humanoid, it has been variously thought to be an aborted fetus, an extra-terrestrial or a primate.

Atacama-Face.jpg

Gary Nolan, director of stem cell biology at Stanford University’s School of Medicine in California, who features in the documentary, said: “I can say with absolute certainty that it is not a monkey. It is human – closer to human than chimpanzees. It lived to the age of six to eight.

o-ATACAMA-HUMANOID-facebook.jpg

"The observed abnormalities do not fall into any standard or rare classification of known human pediatric disorders."

He adds: "Clinically, given that this humanoid lived many decades to centuries ago, it is hard to understand how a six inch baby or child could have lived to be 6-8 years of age in such a remote and undeveloped part of the world. Even in today's best Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) we would hardly be able to keep such a specimen alive.

"As an emergency physician, I have delivered premature infants, as well as a significantly deformed one with anencephaly, and am struck by how small and fragile this humanoid is. Medically speaking, IF this is merely a deformed human, it does not seem feasible that he would have lived to be 6-8 years of age. Speaking as a clinician, I, as well as other doctors with whom I have spoken, doubt he would have lived 6 hours. consistent with a human fetus of this size."

more at link

I remember reading up on the Dyatlov Pass Incident a couple years ago I've been waiting on a movie/documentary about that. One of the strangest things I've ever read.

And speaking of Jupiter, I saw one of those space docs on the Discovery channel, wher they did a computer simulation of what it would look and sound like if you were to fly on an airplane through it's atmosphere, and descend through it. Freaky.

The Suicide Mouse

From Snopes:

So do any of you remember those Mickey Mouse cartoons from the 1930s? The ones that were just put out on DVD a few years ago? Well, I hear there is one that was unreleased to even the most avid classic disney fans. According to sources, it's nothing special. It's just a continuous loop (like flinstones) of mickey walking past 6 buildings that goes on for two or three minutes before fading out. Unlike the cutesy tunes put in though, the song on this cartoon was not a song at all, just a constant banging on a piano as if the keys for a minute and a half before going to white noise for the remainder of the film. It wasn't the jolly old Mickey we've come to love either, Mickey wasn't dancing, not even smiling, just kind of walking as if you or I were walking, with a normal facial expression, but for some reason his head tilted side to side as he kept this dismal look. Up until a year or two ago, everyone believed that after it cut to black and that was it. When Leonard Maltin was reviewing the cartoon to be put in the complete series, he decided it was too junk to be on the DVD, but wanted to have a digital copy due to the fact that it was a creation of Walt. When he had a digitized version up on his computer to look at the file, he noticed something.

The cartoon was 9 minutes and 4 seconds long.

"After it cut to black, it stayed like that until the 6th minute, before going back into Mickey walking. The sound was different this time. It was a murmur. It wasn't a language, but more like a gurgled cry. As the noise got more indistinguishable and loud over the next minute, the picture began to get weird. The sidewalk started to go in directions that seemed impossible based on the physics of Mickeys walking. And the dismal face of the mouse was slowly curling into a smirk. On the 7th minute, the murmur turned into a bloodcurdling scream (the kind of scream painful to hear) and the picture was getting more obscure. Colors were happening that shouldn't have been possible at the time. Mickey face began to fall apart.

The weirdness starts around 5:00. You may want to turn your speakers down a bit.

The Lead Masks Case

scene.jpg

On the afternoon of August 20, 1966, a young man was flying a kite on the Morro do Vintém (Vintém Hill) in Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, when he came upon the bodies of two deceased males and reported them to the authorities. The Morro do Vintém had difficult terrain, and the police were unable to reach the bodies until the next day. When a small team of police and firefighters arrived on scene, they noted the bodies' odd conditions: The two males were lying next to each other, slightly covered by grass. Each wore a formal suit, a lead eye mask, and a water-proof coat. There were no signs of trauma and no evidence of a struggle in the surrounding area. Next to the bodies, police found an empty bottle of water and a packet containing two wet towels. A small notebook was also identified, which contained the quote,

"16:30 estar no local determinado. 18:30 ingerir cápsulas, após efeito proteger metais aguardar sinal máscara"

Which translates to:

"16:30 (04:30 PM) be at the agreed place. 18:30 (06:30 PM) swallow capsules, after effect, protect metals, wait for mask signal".

Remains unsolved. More at link.

Robert the Doll

460px-Robert_The_Doll_%285999680656%29.j

Eugene was given the doll in 1906 by a Bahamian servant who was skilled in black magic and voodoo and was displeased with the family. Soon afterward, it became clear that there was something eerie about the doll. Eugene's parents said they often heard him talking to the doll and that the doll appeared to be talking back. Although at first they assumed that Eugene was simply answering himself in a changed voice, they later believed that the doll was actually speaking.

Neighbors claimed to see the doll moving from window to window when the family was out. The Otto family swore that sometimes the doll would emit a terrifying giggle and that they caught glimpses of it running from room to room. In the night Eugene would scream, and when his parents ran to the room, they would find furniture knocked over and Eugene in bed, looking incredibly scared, telling them that "Robert did it!". In addition, guests swore that they saw Robert's expression change before their eyes.

When Eugene died in 1974, the doll was left in the attic until the house was bought again. The new family included a ten-year old girl, who became Robert's new owner. It was not long before the girl began screaming out in the night, claiming that Robert moved about the room and even attempted to attack her on multiple occasions. More than thirty years later, she still tells interviewers that the doll was alive and wanted to kill her....

For individuals who visit Robert in the Fort East Martello Museum and wish to take a picture of him, according to legend, the person must ask the doll politely. If the doll feels disrespected it may choose to curse or follow a person. [9] If he does not agree (by tipping his head to one side), and the individual takes a picture anyway, the doll will curse the person and their family.[10]

The doll served as an inspiration for the Chucky doll in the Child's Play film franchise

Archived