Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Something Creepy

Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Skins make the playoffs? Ye o little faith shall be exposed!

Ted's caving page

Creepy "blog" by a caver. Warning: this is an old Angelfire site complete with pop-ups. Worth a read though. The last entry was in 2001...

Once you manage to ignore the horrible angelfire presentation, that's not a bad horror short story. It has some lovecraftian elements which I enjoy. I've read enough horror that the spooky elements rarely scare me but the description of the narrow tunnels and passages where terrifying. Why would anyone willingly do such a thing?

Yeah I was pretty bummed to discover the creepy elements were totally fabricated. Can't say I'm at all surprised, but sometimes part of me hopes those things are true to keep some of the mystery of this world alive. I will say, though, that it really opened my eyes to the possibility of there being some creepy **** below the earth ... considering how many tunnels/caves/passages exist that have never been discovered! Not weird spirit or devil things but the potential for their to be other species that could live without daylight or limited access to daylight.

There is another story very similar to this that I read last year ... I think I came across it on reddit ... in that it was a pieced together short story ... ala someone recollecting a bunch of childhood memories and piecing it together ... hell of a creepy read. I'll try and dig it up.

*Edit ... found it ... this terrified me last year when I read it: http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/k8ktr/footsteps/

Meh, even the stuff like Mothman probably has some less exciting, rational explanation that involves an undiscovered species, or a mutated bird or something.

Even the Dyatlov Pass Incident was debunked (sort of). I think the more interesting phenomenon would be cryptozoology. I mean there are still a **** ton of undiscovered species out there, land and sea. There's no telling what kind of crazy **** is still out there in the most remote areas.

who found that caving blog? that **** is crazy. has it proven to be fake? the pictures and everything were convincing

spoiler:

yes, 100% fabricated.  The guy and his friend did search the cave, but he just made the rest up for fun.  he was suprised at how popular it had become on the internet over the years.

But like I said above ... the Ted's caving page at least generated the idea in my mind that somewhere, in the complex, unimaginably large and diverse cave systems that exist throughout the world, that some crazy ass species of freaky monster lives in the subterranean world. Maybe they don't solely survive down there without daylight and somehow have access to the outside but ... makes you wonder ...

But like I said above ... the Ted's caving page at least generated the idea in my mind that somewhere, in the complex, unimaginably large and diverse cave systems that exist throughout the world, that some crazy ass species of freaky monster lives in the subterranean world. Maybe they don't solely survive down there without daylight and somehow have access to the outside but ... makes you wonder ...

I agree wholeheartedly. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some kind of prehistoric species found a way to survive, and evolve. There is so much we have yet to discover. I think the biggest mysteries probably come from deep areas of the oceans that are pretty much inaccessible, or come with absurd risks. Even the stuff we know, and have filmed down there in the more accessible areas, is already freaky as hell

Yeah I was pretty bummed to discover the creepy elements were totally fabricated. Can't say I'm at all surprised, but sometimes part of me hopes those things are true to keep some of the mystery of this world alive. I will say, though, that it really opened my eyes to the possibility of there being some creepy **** below the earth ... considering how many tunnels/caves/passages exist that have never been discovered! Not weird spirit or devil things but the potential for their to be other species that could live without daylight or limited access to daylight.

There is another story very similar to this that I read last year ... I think I came across it on reddit ... in that it was a pieced together short story ... ala someone recollecting a bunch of childhood memories and piecing it together ... hell of a creepy read. I'll try and dig it up.

*Edit ... found it ... this terrified me last year when I read it: http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/k8ktr/footsteps/

I just read Penpal this weekend and I loved it!  The way he tells the story makes it all the more creepier.  I'd definitely recommend that people either check out the book or at least the individual stories on reddit.  I think the book contains some material that he didn't post online though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just read Teds Caving Page finally. Fascinating tale. That would make a pretty good low budget homage sci-fi/horror flick. Something just for hardcore fans.

I know that there is more to a movie than the story/plot, but I find it amazing that random people can come up with **** better than Hollywood.

Archived