Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

• 3 weeks later...

Not a trend I would have foreseen, but I enjoy the style (within limits).

Westbrook Gose is very nice, more traditional. Raleigh's Trophy Brewing does  a nice, rosemary-centered variation on the style.

Had some NoDa Coco Loco porter yesterday and today.  It's brewed with cocoa nibs and coconut, 6.2% ALC/Vol, comes in a 4 pk of pint cans.  Very expensive for a 4 pack, wife said it cost around $18.  

Had it on draft at a restaurant and it was running $5.25/pt.  Very good though, absolutely love it.  Not sure where it's available outside of Charlotte, NC as NoDa is a local Charlotte microbrewery.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Had

There was some beer event here on Saturday. I never remember these things. Grumble.

A guy that went was telling me that NC was top 5 in the World of craft/micro brews.

Is that true ? Maybe even top 3. He was drunk and I haven't looked into it yet.

I do think he meant top 5 in the country, but you never know.

There was some beer event here on Saturday. I never remember these things. Grumble.

A guy that went was telling me that NC was top 5 in the World of craft/micro brews.

Is that true ? Maybe even top 3. He was drunk and I haven't looked into it yet.

I do think he meant top 5 in the country, but you never know.

NC doesn't even make the list.

• Like 1

Had some Flying Dog Numero Uno last night. Hadn't seen it anywhere before. It's like a cross between a Cornoa and a Bud Light Lime. Not as bitter as a Cornoa without lime, but not as sweet as a BLL. You can get a hint of lime in it. Pretty solid and makes for a good summer beer.

Had some Flying Dog Numero Uno last night. Hadn't seen it anywhere before. It's like a cross between a Cornoa and a Bud Light Lime. Not as bitter as a Cornoa without lime, but not as sweet as a BLL. You can get a hint of lime in it. Pretty solid and makes for a good summer beer.

It came out for cinco de mayo , its their new summer ale, low alcohol content if I remember correctly

North Carolina is home of Foothills brewing, they make some awesome beers, all of that top 5 top 10, top 20 crap is for the birds, dont have time to read it all, nor do I care to lol

Edited by DButz65

Bleh, I've never been a big fan of the chocolate and orange combination in general.  I'm sure it'll be a high quality beer, but it's probably not for me.  I'll try anything once though.

Edited by dfitzo53

Went to the Marlyand Craft Beer Festival this past Sat in Frederick.  It was really good.  They had a nice set-up at the city's riverwalk-type area.  Of course, the big players like Heavy Seas and Flying Dog were there and had great stuff.  (For Example, Heavy Seas had Blackbeard's Breakfast - a really good coffee porter, that wasn't too rich/overpowering. Was popular & one I never had before.)

There was a big roster of breweries there.  Some of the other breweries that I wasn't familiar with, that had good stuff were:

Antietam Brewery

Backshore Brewing Company - I liked their Downtown Sugar Brown, was really good. Very smooth.

Barley And Hops (grill and microbrewery)

Jailbreak Brewing Company

Manor Hill Brewing

Milkhouse Brewing - Farmhouse ale was great.  It was lighter, crisper, Belgian style wheat, that would be good on the more humid days.

Monument City Brewing - They had a rye ale that was solid

Union Craft Brewery

So, cheers to MD!

Stroker and other Old Bay fans - haha, there was a tent that sold Maryland and Old Bay scwhag!

• Like 1

Fordham Rams Head IPA

ramshead.png?w=545

Sweet floral and caramel smell, switches on the flavor to bitter grapefruit, some pine and grass to enhance it. Woo, bitter, slight caramel holds it together.

Having a bit of vodka as well. Cheers.

When I reread this in the morning, I'll be like "**** this headache." Hi - hungover self.

Build your own 6 pack at Wegmans. Got Blue Mountain's Hopwork Orange IPA, Flying Dog's Siracha Pale Ale (curious about this one), and a root beer beer whose name escapes me. Low expectations for that last one, but still interested to see the execution.

Love stouts on summer nights. Daytime, no.

tried the southern star Black Crack yesterday about 2pm , dang good imperial stout.

I was certainly wishing I'd had it in the evening instead after walking around in the sun.

Sriracha Pale Ale: one of the most interesting beers I've tasted in awhile. Taste hits you at first and you're thinking ok it's pretty much a pale ale, tiny bit of spice to it but more or less just a beer. And then you swallow it, sit there for a second, and you've got a nice little burn of an aftertaste on your tongue and particularly down your throat. I'm a fan.