Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I run a risk mentioning this in here...I felt like getting some Miller High Life tonight. Used to run through this stuff, haven't had it in years. Same ole same ole. It ain't bad man, I'm cool with lagers man. Just another style of beer. Not heavy on flavor, but BEER. And beer my friends, is glorious.

Nothing wrong with that.   Back in the day, after working in the heat, we'd pick up an 8-pack of Miller pony's, and pound 'em down in one, to two, gulps.   I used to love those 2 pony-beer-buzzes!

I run a risk mentioning this in here...I felt like getting some Miller High Life tonight. Used to run through this stuff, haven't had it in years. Same ole same ole. It ain't bad man, I'm cool with lagers man. Just another style of beer. Not heavy on flavor, but BEER. And beer my friends, is glorious.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. Too many beer snobs in this country anyway. Seems like everyone that tries one or two brands with a wacky flavor is all of the sudden a beer expert. Drink what you like.

Just like music. What I like to listen to will be different then others. I hate when they look down on me for my tastes, because I don't look down on theirs. I remember when being a Phish fan was like being a part of the Free Masons or illuminati. In the music thread I lurk mostly to see who tries to come up with this off the wall band nobody has heard of just to be unique.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1

Fairwinds brewing out of Lorton VA will start distributing in march

And another DC brewery will kick off their opening march 24th called Atlas Brew

Both brought to you from Premium Distributors of VA :)

Did you see the "Seek a Brew" site I posted a couple of posts up?  I'd be curious to get your take on how accurate it is:

http://www.seekabrew...stro/index.html

Their list of breweries is amazingly long (they list Atlas, for example).  But my random browse of three or so showed an inaccuracy (Great Lakes Brews not in Virginia??!?)

Nothing wrong with that.   Back in the day, after working in the heat, we'd pick up an 8-pack of Miller pony's, and pound 'em down in one, to two, gulps.   I used to love those 2 pony-beer-buzzes!

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. Too many beer snobs in this country anyway. Seems like everyone that tries one or two brands with a wacky flavor is all of the sudden a beer expert. Drink what you like.

Yes indeed.  Granted - I LOVE craft beer.  But, for me, there is a time and place.  For example, if I'm drinking at tailgate, or want a beer after/while doing yardwork - I'll grab some simpler stuff like Miller, Coors or whatever.  It's all good.  No judgement here at all!

Did you see the "Seek a Brew" site I posted a couple of posts up?  I'd be curious to get your take on how accurate it is:

http://www.seekabrew...stro/index.html

Their list of breweries is amazingly long (they list Atlas, for example).  But my random browse of three or so showed an inaccuracy (Great Lakes Brews not in Virginia??!?)

I saw it but dont have a lot of time during the week usually to read up a lot lol

Great Lakes is in Cleveland lol

I saw it but dont have a lot of time during the week usually to read up a lot lol

Great Lakes is in Cleveland lol

I guess I wasn't clear. The site showed Great Lakes Brewery products are not distributed in Virginia. In fact, I just picked up a six pack of their Conway's Irish Ale. At a Giant. In Virginia.

Highly recommended BTW...

great-lakes-conways-irish-ale.jpg

I guess I wasn't clear. The site showed Great Lakes Brewery products are not distributed in Virginia. In fact, I just picked up a six pack of their Conway's Irish Ale. At a Giant. In Virginia.

Highly recommended BTW...

Oh yea some places have it on tap throughout NOVA

Hey is that you on the micromatic forums? lol  iF you ever see PremiumVADraftTech thats me

user-offline.png Senior Member

Join Date Jun 2007 Posts 250
icon1.png
Just tapped a keg of Yard's IPA
Hail to the Redskins!

Believe me Great lakes brews some awesome beers..Chill Wave should be next.

I haven't tried Chill Wave Double IPA, but I haven't had a bad brew from them yet. I've had Elliot Ness Amber Lager, Dortmunder Gold Lager,  Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Burning River Pale Ale, Conway's Irish Ale, and their Oktoberfest, and they've all been quite good.

(All bought in six pack bottles in Virginia, BTW.)

Edited by Dan T.

Pliny the Elder is supposed to be the best brew in the universe.  I've never had the pleasure.

Its amazing. Best IPA I've ever had and in the running for best beer.

You can find it here in San Diego you just have to ask for it as people don't put it out on their shelves (they keep it in the back).

Pliny the Younger is supposedly even better than Pliny the Elder.

I miss beer.

All my coworkers were talking about Pliny the Younger (which sounds like a rapper name to me) being on tap nearby. When I looked it up, it sounded awesome.

http://russianriverbrewing.com/brews/pliny-the-younger/

Some dude told me they weren't brewing it this year. Maybe that's a lie...

Anyways, I heard when its on tap people line up out the door to get a glass

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Trusty ole Talbott Beer & Wine on 355 (Rockville Pike section), across from the Taco Bell. Props to this store for saving me several times when I've wanted a brewskie late at night. Close at 1 AM every day of the year. Only beer store around here that didn't close early due to snow today. Its selection isn't great, it's little, but they stock random craft beers for sure. They sell a $25 four pack of a Deschutas beer. Random.

So I was craving some Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat, but since they don't have it, I got the Stella Artois Cidre, and a can of Strongbow Cider. Been ages since I've had a cider, so I figure since I like the Shock Top so much, why not try it!? Will be back with reviews.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll