Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Have you tried Young's Double Chocolate Stout?  I know they have 500ml bottles at Harris Teeter's.  

I have and I rarely make it a point to have a favorite. Young's is indeed a solid top 3 on my list of chocolate stouts.

I think the Brooklyn is just perfect for a chocolate stout.

I think Rogue would be in second though.

Southern Tier Choklat <3

Man, I haven't had the Rogue. Rarely see their beers around here. Haven't had the Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout in a while, that joint is chocolatey as hell too.

I love some Sam Smiths Oatmeal man, haven't had one in a long time.

I have and I rarely make it a point to have a favorite. Young's is indeed a solid top 3 on my list of chocolate stouts.

I think the Brooklyn is just perfect for a chocolate stout.

I think Rogue would be in second though.

Where do they sell Brooklyn around our neck of the woods?  Total Wine?

Where do they sell Brooklyn around our neck of the woods?  Total Wine?

Last time I bought it was indeed at Total Wine. Same place I buy my Bigfoot.

Perhaps they don't sell it anymore. I forgot about it until twa brought up chocolate stout.

Sam Smiths makes some great beer anyway. Don't sweat that minor hiccup Dub$.

Last time I bought it was indeed at Total Wine. Same place I buy my Bigfoot.

Perhaps they don't sell it anymore. I forgot about it until twa brought up chocolate stout.

Sam Smiths makes some great beer anyway. Don't sweat that minor hiccup Dub$.

I like the money sign, Dub$.

Yo who is the ****in tattler in the RTT? Lol

Tonight I'm finishing off my Winter Lager. Grilled cheese sandwiches with Old Bay all over 'em. Making 6 of 'em. Maxin and relaxin.

• Like 1

I like the money sign, Dub$.

Yo who is the ****in tattler in the RTT? Lol

Tonight I'm finishing off my Winter Lager. Grilled cheese sandwiches with Old Bay all over 'em. Making 6 of 'em. Maxin and relaxin.

No idea officer, I didn't see anything.

That's your new name from me, if others want to roll with it, I won't complain. Glad you accept it.

I love some Old Bay...with grilled cheese...hmm. Gotta try that.

Edited by Kosher Ham

No idea officer, I didn't see anything..

I wish more people approached it that way. Jesus Christ. Jumbo talkin about gettin PMs from peeps. Cmon son! Cops all up in that **** now. God damn grandmas and ****. "The neighbor's music is loud and it's 8pm!" There are a few suspects, but I Iain'tevengonnafront....couple of those hoes helped to get me temp banned.

Anyway, yeah Old Bay on grilled cheese is amazing. I eat it too fast...may be nine sandwiches on the way. Drunk munchies...

• Like 1

I wish more people approached it that way. Jesus Christ. Jumbo talkin about gettin PMs from peeps. Cmon son! Cops all up in that **** now. God damn grandmas and ****. "The neighbor's music is loud and it's 8pm!" There are a few suspects, but I Iain'tevengonnafront....couple of those hoes helped to get me temp banned.

Anyway, yeah Old Bay on grilled cheese is amazing. I eat it too fast...may be nine sandwiches on the way. Drunk munchies...

Yeah, I have a couple of suspects in mind, but calling them out will be pointless, they would just deny it anyhow.  I guess other peeps can't just leave alone and let be.  I see all these names lurking at the bottom, never posting.  

Got a six pack of Highland's Black Mocha Stout in the fridge........it's delicious. 

• Like 2

Twinbrook Deli just started to supply their first DuClaw beers about a year ago, and now it's the beer they have most in stock I think. So many of their beers to try, hard to pick. The artwork on DuClaw beers and six packs is cool.

I had a craving for their Sweet Baby Jesus PB and Chocolate stout for a few days, so I went there thinking I'd get it, but then I saw their Chocolate and Raspberry stout called "Naked Fish". After a lot of contemplation, I chose the Naked Fish...and I'm disappointed. Toooo much raspberry, not enough chocolate, this is almost like a fruit beer. The aroma is the opposite though, chocolatey as heck. I was super excited, but then I tasted it. The mouthfeel is also insanely spritsy for a stout. It's not too horrible, but I'm disappointed, because I wanted a stout, and not some fruit flavored wit-bomb with a chocolate undertone.

naked%20fish%20long.jpg?6355912155360757

Did you get distracted by the pretty label and not read what it said ?

I would never even try that.

You're supposed to list the most prevelant ingredient first. It should be Raspberry Chocolate Stout, at least. Raspberry With Brown Food Coloring? Almost.

DuClaw is the only local brewery I haven't gotten in to...so far a hit and a miss. Anyone had any of their other stuff?

Don't think I mentioned the Shiner Birthday (106) Beer, a chocolate stout

a pleasant enough lighter stout,one I hope they put into regular production

Not a big fan of the style, but I snagged a sixer tobtry it, because I like Shiner,but, I could barely finish one.

It tasted like liquid German chocolate cake. I use it to cook, dumped a bottle in a batch of chili, some beef BBQ , and some beer marinated ribeyes.

I wish I had known that you liked it so much, I would've gladly given you the remaining 5 bottles..

Just ordered a keg of Victory Prima Pils for the kegerator. It's a new one, in the rotation, as I typically tap Loose Cannon, Hop Devil, or Hellrazer.

I want a flavorful beer, with a manageable ABV. It's one of the most delicious pilsners I've had. It's almost hoppy enough to be an IPA. The cool thing is it's delicious and, with an ABV of 5.3%, you can pound them.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Not a big fan of the style, but I snagged a sixer tobtry it, because I like Shiner,but, I could barely finish one.

It tasted like liquid German chocolate cake. I use it to cook, dumped a bottle in a batch of chili, some beef BBQ , and some beer marinated ribeyes.

I wish I had known that you liked it so much, I would've gladly given you the remaining 5 bottles..

I love German chocolate cake  :lol:  , it is a departure from thier regular offerings.

You like their Bohemian Black? (my favorite of theirs)

Having some Guinness Blondes for the first time. It's a session brew for sure, I feel like chugging it. A decent little hop bite, a very small yeast note, heavy with the grains. It's not that much of a step above mass produced lagers. This is the second time a label looks better than the beer tastes. Classy label (I collect them). Although, the Guinness Blonde is actually a reasonably fun beer to drink. That DuClaw Naked Fish is almost a task to drink.

GuinnessBlonde_FeaturedIM2.png

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll