Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

The one down 245? Never stopped in that one, but drove by it a hundred times going to and from Olde Town Pub lol 

Yup! It's not the biggest most fanciest place, but they re-did it about 2 years ago now and it's pretty nice. If you ever head down that way again, you should stop in there. They have a decent selection of craft brews, which is surprising for down this way.

If you're ever in Indy, hit up Triton. Murf & I took an hour cab ride from our hotel last year to visit their tap house. Well worth the ride.

www.tritonbrewing.com

Roanoke Railhouse www.roanokerailhouse.com is a local brewery here that's pretty good also. Their Track 1 is very close to a Fat Tire.

Escutcheon Brewing just opened in Winchester VA, I'm looking forward to trying it out soon. I drank some beers at a friends house with the guy who produces John Riggins show who told me Riggins was investing in a brewery in Winchester. Not sure if he was a part of Escutcheon or not. Only two beers so far but apparently rather good.

So with Elder Betty getting retired this year had to find a new go to summer beer...seems like a lot of the summer beers are getting over powered with sweetness.

So gave Purple Haze a try and it has the perfect balance. ]

The Elder Betty was the only Magic Hat beer I've enjoyed. And it's been so long since I've had the Purple Haze that I forget what it's like.

Escutcheon Brewing just opened in Winchester VA, I'm looking forward to trying it out soon. I drank some beers at a friends house with the guy who produces John Riggins show who told me Riggins was investing in a brewery in Winchester. Not sure if he was a part of Escutcheon or not. Only two beers so far but apparently rather good.

Cool, hopefully our warehouse picks them up out there (Premium Distributors Winchester) then us (based in chantilly) then down to our fredericksburg and warsaw locations

Edited by DButz65

I think it's worse in the south where you can't buy liquor on Sundays.  In MD, you can go to a liquor store 7 days a week and purchase whatever you want.

That only recently changed in PG county. I used to hit up Tick-Tock on University Blvd all the time. Shame they tried to get greedy. They were making a ton of money.

Double Dead Rise? Will that beer be as salty as the dead sea?

LOL the regular stuff isnt very strong to begin with

*Stone Cold voice* Oh hell yeah!!!!

I'ma get some Dead Rise soon, will line the glass with Old Bay too. Release that Double Dead Rise to the masses!

Its exclusively only in their tap room they said, wont be released to the masses, sadly! 

Ah, yeah that's laughable. What does "brewed the hard way" even mean? Is that code for made with rice?

It's BEECHWOOD AGED, whatever that means.

There's another where it shows a huge bacon cheeseburger with a delicious dark roasty beer (maybe a Porter or Stout, which could be a great pairing w the bacon...hmmm...bacon) and a hand swoops in and replaces it with a Bud. Then some stupid tagline about it not being a debate or something. So dumb.

The Bud thing is funny. I know several people in the craft beer industry, and to a one they all have huge respect for the consistency of Bud's brewing, just from a technical viewpoint. And of course, despite the major anti-craft campaign, Anheuser-Busch/InBev have actually started *purchasing* craft breweries (the most notable being Goose Island). 

The Bud thing is funny. I know several people in the craft beer industry, and to a one they all have huge respect for the consistency of Bud's brewing, just from a technical viewpoint. And of course, despite the major anti-craft campaign, Anheuser-Busch/InBev have actually started *purchasing* craft breweries (the most notable being Goose Island).

Yeah, that bit about them buying up breweries struck me too.

"It's amazing how consistently crap Budwiser makes their beer. It never even comes close to having any flavor. Have to admire that dedication."

P.S. I know you weren't saying it was good beer. That's just what popped into my head when I read that.

Edited by MisterPinstripe