Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Jesus conceived during the rape of Mary by a Roman soldier?

China

yeah whatever. this is bull**** and you have no other reason to post this thread but to **** with christians.

i dont give a **** what you all think of my reasons for being pissed but this is blasphemous and a personal attack on my religious beliefs.

Son, you have to calm down.

Was China's thread the other day offensive to dentists?

Or was the thread two weeks ago offensive to people who have sex with patio furniture?

Sometimes, you read something so out there & so ridiculous, you just let it go & move on. Seeing this as an attack on your religious beliefs is crazy.....

Mike, I understand that this is a touchy subject for a lot of people, but take a step back and count to ten. If China's guilty of anything it's of being insensitive. He's not a jerk.

I think he posted this because it's crazy stuff, and when China sees crazy stuff he posts it. That's all.

yeah whatever. this is bull**** and you have no other reason to post this thread but to **** with christians.

i dont give a **** what you all think of my reasons for being pissed but this is blasphemous and a personal attack on my religious beliefs.

I was sitting at a traffic light this morning. The lady in front of me was going through papers on the seat of her car, and when the light changed to green she did not obey its command - a green light is a commandment - NOT a suggestion.

When the light turned to red, and she had still not moved, I began (with my windows up) screaming epithets and beating on my steering wheel. My expressions of distress were interrupted by a policeman, gun drawn, tapping on my window. Against my protestations of, "You can't arrest me for hollering in my car," he ordered me into the back seat of his police car.

After about two hours in a holding cell, the arresting officer advised me I was free to go. I said, "I knew you couldn't arrest me for what I was yelling in my own car. You haven't heard the last of this."

The officer replied, "I didn't arrest you for shouting in your car. I was directly behind you at the light. I saw you screaming and beating your steering wheel, and I said to myself, 'What a jerk. But there is nothing I can do to him for throwing a fit in his own car.' Then I noticed the 'Cross' hanging from your rear view mirror, the bright yellow 'Choose Life' license tag, the 'Jesus is Coming Soon' bumper sticker, and the Fish symbol, and I thought you must have stolen the car."

I think you need to grow thicker skin if you want to survive on internet message boards for long.

I'll go with the 4 gospels. You know they were written at different times from different people in different places and yet they all tell the same story... Pretty crazy eh?

There's a word for this - PLAGIARISM.

If they were all written in different places at the SAME time, it would lend more credibility to that argument.

As far as the original topic, I don't see it as being terribly offensive. It's just a theory.

If you think rape somehow demeans a woman's character, or that her victimhood somehow diminishes her, which seems to be the implication, that I could see someone finding THAT offensive. :2cents:

There's a word for this - PLAGIARISM.

If they were all written in different places at the SAME time, it would lend more credibility to that argument.

I think they were all written from different points of view as well, which would be hard to plagiarize.

Mike, come on man. Settle down bud.

I'm a Christian too, and while I don't apreciate the article, I don't think China meant anything by it. He's opened plenty of threads on various topics.

In the future, something like this might go over better if the OP (China in this case) also included their own personal thoughts on the subject rather than just posting the article. That can often look like the OP is trying to start a fire, but I don't believe that was the case here.

Because I do believe in Jesus and divine creation, etc. I believe in the immaculate conception. I understand that some stories or events in the bible can seem ridiculous to those who aren't religious, but that's what faith is to Christians. Some things you just have to accept.

Anyway, I've gotten into enough arguments over this stuff in the past week or two; I don't think there was any harm intended. But I also think Paul Verhoeven is a clown who makes terrible movies, and I don't think he should be taken seriously.

Your personal attacks on my personal savior are out of line and done for NO other reason but to cause a **** storm.

This is blasphemous and out of line. I dont think this is freedom of speech, this is chicken **** attacking because you want to cause problems.

And stop with the Francis bull**** right now, this is not even close to funny to me.

Nothing says christian like a whole bunch of cursing.

(Walks downstairs into Tailgate. Look around). Whoa. Not even Noon yet and already a couple of chairs and one table broken. And they're made of plastic even, (you don't think we're springing for the real wood stuff down here do ya?). And someone has been using the popper appetizers for target practice, (and with bad aim I might add). Hmmm. What say we calm this down a bit before we loose any more furniture here and we're forced to go with bean bag chairs. :)

Oh. And for the record books, I'm a faithful Christian myself. And though I tire of the endless debates and attacks on such things, (have been for a few years actually), this is a place to discuss such things and articles like this will draw discussion. The problem should be with the author, not the member who posts the article, (for now).

Certainly, my intent was not to offend. Mike, I'm sorry if your offended but I stand by my right to post things such as this. I think Henry was closest when he pointed out that I like to post bizarre and "out there" things. Certainly, this qualifies. I even went so far to post that this is a theory espoused by the director of "RoboCop" and should be therefore taken with a grain of salt.

:doh:

Guys- for the umpteenth time..

Jesus was conceived in the artificial insemination of Mary by an "angel"/alien. That's why she didn't lose her virginity and that's why she had no idea anything had happened. Get REAL.

Sheesh.

It's tru... I wuz there...

Okay.

Now what? :whoknows:

Do you want the power to force people not to say things on the Internet that upset you?

Are you willing to accept their power to declare the same about your posts, according to their own standards?

It's tru... I wuz there...

Reminds me of a joke I heard a long time ago.

2 men are sitting at a bar drinking their beers. They start to talk and introduce themselves while ordering another round. The one man looks up and tells the other how he played MLB. The other man promptly told the first how he had played MLS. First guy responds that he had been in the Daytona 500. Ther says he once jumped 80 cars in Vegas on dirtbike. The first goes on about how tough it was in 'Nam. The other guy told about his times as a soldier in WW1. The first then talked about his time as a Civil War officer. They went back and forth for awhile longer talking of things like the Revolution and the Inquisition, until finally the first guy said to the other:

"Ya know man, I was a busboy at the Last Supper."

Second guy looked at the first and said:

" Oh yeah. I remember you. Here's your tip."

Okay, now I get the joke from the thread about the congresional candidate speaking at the Nazi rally. I mean, it was funny on it's own, but now, it's downright hilarious.

And Dan T.--you are the funniest ****er on this board. I guffawed at the Roman pizza delivery boy comment. Pure genius.

Traffic light joke...

:laugh: :laugh:

That's funny as heck, man. :cheers:

And is exactly why I'll never put any of my beliefs on my bumper. I've never understood it.

IMO, the chances for anonymous negative witness using such means is far greater than any postive witness.

I shouldn't be allowed to post this? Ever heard of freedom of speech? Or perhaps your thinking is more in line with those Muslims who riot over a cartoon of Muhammed?

If you don't agree with the theory, fine. It should in no way affect your beliefs. Lighten up Francis.

Of course people have heard of freedom of speech.

Just because alot of people will see it as another pathetic attempt by liberal, morally corrupt types to denigrate the Christian religion so the line of what is right and wrong can be erased shouldn't stop anyone from expressing themselves.

No matter how foolish or stupid that post is. :rolleyes:

Archived