Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Jesus conceived during the rape of Mary by a Roman soldier?

China

Kosher, you can try to get me angry all you want with that but I see thru you. You are very simple and easy to read. I am not going to feed into what you have to say and get myself in any trouble.

Simple ? Is that some kind of insult ?

"Blasphemy", I scream at the top of my lungs. :laugh:

I am not trying to anger you. You are acting like a little punk and quite frankly a hypocrit most likely...would you like to do some post searching...can't control yourself ?

Give me a break, you think because you tee off and curse it makes your point any more valid ? If anything it makes you look weak. For you not to understand that this is just a post made about an article and go head over heels about it before someone/anyone even states it is a possibility, well simply ignorant.

As others have stated China always posts stuff like this and you are just taking it to the next level for no reason.

Now please lock the thread, this is getting stupid, including my own posts.

I would love to see a rational debate between people that take the Bible as being true word for word (Noah really had every species of animal in the world on his Ark) vs. those that take parts of the Bible to have deeper meaning and not meant to be interpreted as absolute fact.

It's always fascinated me.

See, I like those debates as well. But arent there respect lines?

Maybe its just me, but I dont think that people should say stuff like that because it is rude to those who do believe.

I know I get into some serious debates in politics but I always try to not cross that line. :2cents:

you really think i care what you think? Be real with it. You have just now called me a foul mouthed teenager and you think i am going to take anything else you have to say seriously?

Maybe it is you who should grow up. if the way i act dictates how you react then you have just as big of a problem as i do.

simple as that.

i don't care if you take it seriously or not.

the facts are the facts.

deal with it and quit crying about it already.

I have never had a conversation about religion with a Jewish person because it is obvious we wouldnt be on the same page. At the same time, they do not come and say blasphemous things to me either. I am sure someone will now just to be a jerk, but in real life that doesnt happen to me. I get where you are going with this though...

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this but if you think I have something against you or are trying to start something you are most certainly wrong.

We have had many disagreements but I usually enjoy them and at least learn a new perspective, even though sometimes I find you to be a little dismissive when it comes to others viewpoints.

Poking fun at this thread in the other thread really wasn't meant to show any "true colors" and was just intended as a friendly jab.

I apologize if you think I am trying to start things . . .

Good question... Mike?

I missed that. That is a great question.

I find both to be as equally insulting.

The fact that they are saying that Jesus was conceived thru rape goes against everything we believe. That would mean he isnt the Son of God, he is just the conception from some random Roman soldier. and that she wasnt a virgin.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this but if you think I have something against you or are trying to start something you are most certainly wrong.

We have had many disagreements but I usually enjoy them and at least learn a new perspective, even though sometimes I find you to be a little dismissive when it comes to others viewpoints.

Poking fun at this thread in the other thread really wasn't meant to show any "true colors" and was just intended as a friendly jab.

I apologize if you think I am trying to start things . . .

nope, i meant the difference in beliefs between Jews and Christians. I didnt think you were insulting or poking at me.

I get where you were going with that still. Thank you for clearing up the mistake you thought we had, but I was on the same page as you I believe.

:cheers:

OK, I have several people coming at me at once. Slow it down please, I am not MSF.

I am a Christian man. I dont belong to any "sect" and that is all you need to know. I really dont see why that would matter anyways because this isnt about sects.

But it does matter. All different forms of Christianity believe different things...that may seem minor, but are actually major differences.

I'm a catholic, My views on communion and the eucharist are quite different than that of a methodist.

awww, did I hit a nerve?

once again, same level as me.

Does "pot calling kettle black" ring a bell for you? :laugh:

LOL, how exactly is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Are you sure you understand what that phrase means?

it's getting old hearing you whine about this ever since the thread was started. jeez, don't you have anything better to worry about than some thread that doesn't change ONE ounce of your life whatsoever?

be a man, get over it already. it's not that big of a deal. if it offends you let it roll off your back instead of whinning like a woman who bleeds once a month.

But it does matter. All different forms of Christianity believe different things...that may seem minor, but are actually major differences.

I'm a catholic, My views on communion and the eucharist are quite different than that of a methodist.

thats true, I can see that. But then I will say that I dont limit myself to one strict belief when it comes to Christianity. I have my beliefs but I am not going to say anyone else's are wrong as long as they follow the Bible.

More rare than a virgin birth?

Nope, then again I'm not here to make the religious people's argument for them. IMO it would make a lot more sense if Mary was pregnant because of a normal act, not a rape or divine intervention, but I don't want to get sucked into the vortex that can be religious threads.

See, I like those debates as well. But arent there respect lines?

Maybe its just me, but I dont think that people should say stuff like that because it is rude to those who do believe.

Its really not possible given the time period. These were common practices.

LOL, how exactly is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Are you sure you understand what that phrase means?

it's getting old hearing you whine about this ever since the thread was started. jeez, don't you have anything better to worry about than some thread that doesn't change ONE ounce of your life whatsoever?

youre right, nobody cares but yet we are all still having convos while you sit back and try to come at me.

yeah i know what it means just fine homeboy. it means you think i am whining and complaining yet you are sitting here whining about my whining and complaining about my complaining.

youre right, nobody cares but yet we are all still having convos while you sit back and try to come at me.

yeah i know what it means just fine homeboy. it means you think i am whining and complaining yet you are sitting here whining about my whining and complaining about my complaining.

lol, ok, whatever you say. there's no talking sense into these religious types.

I think this is an interesting question. I would like to hear Zguy or tb weigh in on the topic.

I'm pretty sure in the OT where we first find blasphemy mentioned it is strictly meant as taking the lords name in vain.

And then somewhere later picked up the added meaning of,

irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable

Blaspheming generally refers to using the Lord's name (the Tetragrammaton), the word "God", or the name of His Son in a way that doesn't show the proper respect or reverence. Examples would be carelessly using it in an expletive or profanity, or even in prayer when you might say "in Jesus name we pray" ritualistically.

Blaspemy is also when something is attributed to person that only God can do or say.

For instance, in the Gospels, Jesus is accused of blasphemy for telling a person their sins were forgiven. To the Jews only God can forgive sins, and since they did not believe in His divinity, they thought it blasphemy.

Another example would be attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan. This is often thought of as being the "unforgivable sin" of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that Jesus taught about and that the Rational ( :laugh: ) Responders often try to get people to commit.

I don't buy it...if Jesus was conceived as a result of Mary being raped by a Roman soldier, then He really could not have been God's son. but, there are just too many passages in the New Testament where God himself speaks and refers to Jesus as His son.

Logic dictates that Her Direktor is wrong.

Archived