Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Jesus conceived during the rape of Mary by a Roman soldier?

China

Mad props to ZLT and mjah for some much needed hilarity in this train wreck of a thread :laugh:

I find it simply astounding that the people who are claiming to be the "cloth followers" or men of faith are the ones with the bad language, bullying tactics, and just outright lunacy. I thank you for your effort, and for pointing out to the rest of us a reason many are no longer religious. . .it wasn't because of the teachings, but the people who followed. I decided long ago I needed to separate myself from the misguided and ill formed opinions of those who espouse hatred instead of love. I found the vast majority of people in the church to be just like Mike, hence my Atheist views.

Maybe, just maybe if people would read what Jesus preached, we would be a lot better off in life, but hey who am I a heathen to preach to anyone? :P

Strike a nerve? Absolutely not. Whatever happends to me when I die, I don't fear being raped in the ass, with or without grease. :doh:

What your statement does though is reflect on the kind of person that you are, in that you hold such an opinion which is completely unsupported by the scripture which you claim to live by.

And, you continue to defend your post in spite of condemnation by the evangelicals such as Zguy. :doh:

:laugh:

Think a little high of Zguy eh? ;)

277 posts read, and I've come to one conclusion...

no getting that time back. :doh:

And this thread had everything...

Outrage and allegations, followed by a battle royal that featured 20 atheists -vs- BigMike.

Just when it looked like Mike was down for the count, in swoops a couple of loony toons to hi-jack the thread in a different direction, allowing BigMike to pick himself up off the mat, catch his breath, and re-join the thread around post 250.

Add in a few dashes of PB sarcasm, a few readings from the book of Jumbo, and a reply made by Chomerics in post #276 to post #2, just so he can swat the hornets nest again by regurgitating his same tired bull**** when FINALLY the thread had calmed down...

ES Tailgate--- gotta love it. :)

All we need now is for some random chick to come in and post pics, so skinsfan89 and slacky can get their leg-humping on, and we'll have all the bases covered.

Outrage and allegations, followed by a battle royal that featured 20 atheists -vs- BigMike.

Just when it looked like Mike was down for the count, in swoops a couple of loony toons to hi-jack the thread in a different direction, allowing BigMike to pick himself up off the mat, catch his breath, and re-join the thread around post 250.

Add in a few dashes of PB sarcasm, a few readings from the book of Jumbo, and a reply made by Chomerics in post #276 to post #2, just so he can swat the hornets nest again by regurgitating his same tired bull**** when FINALLY the thread had calmed down...

All we need now is for some random chick to come in and post pics, so skinsfan89 and slacky can get their leg-humping on, and we'll have all the bases covered.

I felt like I was being attacked by a pack of wild dogs and I was wearing Milk Bone underwear!! :laugh:

Nice recap Zoony Cosell. :cheers:

Don't forgot to mention the dude who comes in and quotes himself. :laugh: :doh:

Oh, and per your request:

00021f.jpg

WOW!! Going thru this thread was funny. Some of you like to sneak in little comments that make it hard to read when you are going back and forth with 4-5 people.

I wrote China a PM and apologized to him if I insulted him or was rude. The anger was not directed towards him as much as it came out.

To those of you who were cool enough to rationally speak to me about all of this, thanks.

Don't forgot to mention the dude who comes in and quotes himself. :laugh: :doh:

Oh, and per your request:

00021f.jpg

Best post in this thread. Why couldn't you have posted this earlier and saved us all a bunch of time?

And if it's at all possible, why does she seem to just keep getting hotter?

Understood. I'm surprised he didn't use the phrase "no credible evidence" if the only support for the idea is from an anti-Christian polemic.

Well, Dr. Crossan is a rather skeptical scholar himself, and very involved in the Jesus Seminar, so I think there may be an element of not wanting to undercut his own group too badly, though I imagine that inwardly he's cringing at the damage this might do to the group's credibility.

WOW!! Going thru this thread was funny. Some of you like to sneak in little comments that make it hard to read when you are going back and forth with 4-5 people.

I wrote China a PM and apologized to him if I insulted him or was rude. The anger was not directed towards him as much as it came out.

To those of you who were cool enough to rationally speak to me about all of this, thanks.

And yet you thought I was trying to antagonize you.

Just trying to calm the situation. Glad you made it through all in one piece.

:cheers:

Archived