Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Jesus conceived during the rape of Mary by a Roman soldier?

China

Those changes were not at all about the punctuation and formatting!

Go back and read the new version closely, to see what actually changed.

Well regardless what changed I know what I meant, and I know how I took it. So if you have nothing better to do than to knit pick on a message board and not respond back to anything original then so be it. My responses are made to cause thought and interjection. Or rather that is my intent.

:point2sky

This is stating that Mary was raped and that Jesus is the product of a rape.

Do you not get the difference between asking questions and stating that the Son of God is a child of rape?

I'm going to have to call you out on this one again.

Why do you attach such a stigma to being a victim of rape? Did it ever occur to you that your attitude could be considered insulting?

It's like the guy who protests too much about being called gay. On a certain level, he is implying that there is something wrong with being gay and he resents the comparison.

Just because someone is raped doesn't devalue them as a person.

This is insane.

China, thanks for the thread. Its absurd, like most of your thread topics, which makes it so great. You have a rare gift.

BigMike, please. Its like you catch a case of Tourette's whenever someone posts something negative about Christianity. Just walk away and wait for the nervous tics and vulgar language subside.

One thing I've learned about Mike is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. That's not necessarily a terrible quality to possess. I think Mike has made his point, and the rest of us have made ours. Maybe it's time to bury the hatchet?

Mike, take a look at LoveDaSkins172645's last post. This is the type of stuff people me (Jewish) hear all the time. And it burns me up just as badly as what you just felt earlier in this thread. I think maybe a little more tact and consideration from all sides could be a good thing.

Then again, maybe that's too much to ask. I will remain ever hopeful, however.

One thing I've learned about Mike is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. That's not necessarily a terrible quality to possess. I think Mike has made his point, and the rest of us have made ours. Maybe it's time to bury the hatchet?

Mike, take a look at LoveDaSkins172645's last post. This is the type of stuff people me (Jewish) hear all the time. And it burns me up just as badly as what you just felt earlier in this thread. I think maybe a little more tact and consideration from all sides could be a good thing.

Then again, maybe that's too much to ask. I will remain ever hopeful, however.

thanks man, I am going to take this post as my sign to exit.

:cheers:

oh no, Corcaigh and some other people dont like what I have to say.

It's not what you have to say. It's how you state it.

You like to say how you are here to "debate" but you very rarely debate. You play the victim and basically say "if you don't agree with me you are wrong."

You might be the best on this site at playing the role of the victim.

Well regardless what changed I know what I meant, and I know how I took it. So if you have nothing better to do than to knit pick on a message board and not respond back to anything original then so be it.

I fully understood what you meant.

And my changes weren't a nitpick at all. They were actually quite sweeping, and a direct response to you. Go back and take a look.

I only changed formatting and punctuation to get there, but that's really not the point at all. Believe me, the changes were several steps above the "nitpick" stage.

What are those passages? Do we have to look them up????

I love the internets. :)

Matthew 12:32 - And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Matthew 12:36 - But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned

What are those passages? Do we have to look them up????

Here are the verses in context:

Matthew 12

22Then they brought him (Jesus) a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"

24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."

25Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

29"Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.

30"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. 31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

33"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Archived