Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

So when do we see the PPV numbers?  That was the real contest tonight.  Judging by the fact that PPV services were crashing and reddit's panic attack over streams slowing to unwatchable crawl I'm thinking this fight was a success in everyway that mattered to both of the men in the ring. 

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sure about that at all.  Maybe after Canelo finishes recovering from getting his ass kicked by Golovkin we can get a match up between him and McGregor.

why do you hate McGregor?  GGG kills him in 2 rounds

i am 100% sure he loses to any top 10 fighter

his power doesn't translate to boxing and he has no gas tank. a person with more power than Floyd, who left his at 130lbs, will hurt him bad

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sure about that at all.  Maybe after Canelo finishes recovering from getting his ass kicked by Golovkin we can get a match up between him and McGregor.

It might last into the 2nd round. Mayweather last had a TKO 6 years ago and is 40 now. Come on now. 

Conor's arms and upper back started leaving him, could tell they were burning like fire by the 6th round.  That's when I thought, "uh oh."

I don't think he threw a punch at 100% all fight, he really actually boxed with him.  I thought he'd go dispatchment-mode early, but he had the jab working great and landed some good follow-up shots.  Still connected a bit in the middle rounds, but again, those punches weren't going to KO Floyd.

Time to defend the UFC Lightweight Title.  Enjoy island-shopping, McGregor.

Floyd's right straight that comes slightly over the top is still a thing of beauty.  Once that **** started landing, I was like, "done."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DM72 said:

He fought an old Mayweather. 

Mayweather's never been hit hard in his career.  He's the greatest fighter of his generation.  He was the same fighter he's been for a long time.  He was fine.  I think the boxing fans are just salty that an amateur, albeit a transcendent fighter in his own sport, held his own.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Mayweather's never been hit hard in his career.  He's the greatest fighter of his generation.  He was the same fighter he's been for a long time.  He was fine.  I think the boxing fans are just salty that an amateur, albeit a transcendent fighter in his own sport, held his own.

You think a 40 year old fighter is the same fighter he was as at age 30? Seriously, maybe you are just trolling now, which is cool, but it's time for bed now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

his defense gets the love, but Floyd also has a damn good chin

Just now, Hersh said:

You think a 40 year old fighter is the same fighter he was as at age 30? Seriously, maybe you are just trolling now, which is cool, but it's time for bed now. 

Floyd's been fighting differently since the Cotto fight

he used to use his legs a lot more for defense and to set up offensive angle.  Now his defense is virtually all upper body movement and the combo's only comes out when he thinks he has his man hurt

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I meant fight Alvarez.  He doesn't have a gas tank either and I bet McGregor is faster than him.  Give McGregor a year to condition for boxing and he'll do better.

would you give some division 2 college team a shot against Alabamna after a year to condition and train?  In this arena, McGregor is always the division 2 school

do not overthink this

• Like 1

Anyone who actually thought that fight was competitive doesn't understand what they were watching. Mayweather basically did nothing the first two rounds, let McGregor show his cards, then went to work and slowly broke his opponent down. It was as one sided as one sided gets. People will give credit to McGregor simply for lasting almost 10 rounds but don't be fooled, it was a beatdown.

Floyd like a 40 year old who's best days are behind him and he still had his way with a bigger, stronger, younger opponent.

• Like 3

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Anyone who actually thought that fight was competitive doesn't understand what they were watching. Mayweather basically did nothing the first two rounds, let McGregor show his cards, then went to work and slowly broke his opponent down. It was as one sided as one sided gets. People will give credit to McGregor simply for lasting almost 10 rounds but don't be fooled, it was a beatdown.

Floyd like a 40 year old who's best days are behind him and he still had his way with a bigger, stronger, younger opponent.

McGregor never hurt Mayweather at all. He played possum, let him throw his big punches, gauged his strength then you saw it in the third, where Mayweather decided to start boxing. From there it was all downhill. This fight was never in doubt. Floyd was having fun the whole time. He wasn't even tired. 

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

McGregor says he's going back to UFC.  That's disappointing.  Just dipped his toes in for the payday.  He's completely magnetic and could have revived the sport a little if he'd give boxing a serious go.

I'll believe it when I see it, at best he's agreed to fight for them 1 more time. Why go back to making 3-4 million pay days when you could collect 40+ million boxing?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

I'll believe it when I see it, at best he's agreed to fight for them 1 more time. Why go back to making 3-4 million pay days when you could collect 40+ million boxing?

All it would take is 1 more boxing match to be completely exposed, and a poor buy. He's got moxie and showmanship above anyone else in the world right now. But that gets thrown out if you are exposed. Dude isn't a boxer and won't beat any good professional boxer. Hell, it's conceivable that he will have a hard time defending his belt in the UFC. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

After 3 rounds, it was clear that Mayweather was going to win.  McGregor's brain was mashed potatoes by the end.

I guess it's one of the more exciting Mayweather fights since it didn't go the distance.  Still, Mayweather is such a boring fighter to watch.  Block for 3 rounds, turn your back on your opponent.  Punch sparingly.  It's like watching a batter in baseball who wants to get a walk ever at bat.