Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Just now, spjunkies said:

I give the guy credit for lasting a long time. If he decides to focus on boxing he could make mega money.

I think Floyd helped him last in this fight and those early rounds were a bit of theater.  He didn't look like he was interested in winning those early rounds.  When Money wanted to hit him, he showed that he could and did.     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I think Floyd helped him last in this fight and those early rounds were a bit of theater.  He didn't look like he was interested in winning those early rounds.  When Money wanted to hit him, he showed that he could and did.     

That's always been Mayweather's MO. Takes him 2-3 rounds to get going and figure out his opponent's timing.

Probably the smartest boxer ever.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

That's always been Mayweather's MO. Takes him 2-3 rounds to get going and figure out his opponent's timing.

Probably the smartest boxer ever.

he might not be able to read

but he can breakdown reactions and tendencies in the ring like few human beings ever put on the earth

Just now, StillUnknown said:

he might not be able to read

but he can breakdown reactions and tendencies in the ring like few human beings ever put on the earth

And at 40 he's still fast as a mongoose, both reaction and action.   

Fun fight for barstool purposes.  I think it showed there isn't as big a gap between the best UFC strikers and pro boxers as everyone thought.  The UFC guys have a toughness and explosive athleticism that lets them hang.  There are absolutely some decent pro boxers out there that McGregor could have beaten.

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I give the guy credit for lasting a long time. If he decides to focus on boxing he could make mega money.

Only if he fought bad boxers that he could beat. If he fought any of the middleweights now, he'd get KO'd early

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Fun fight for barstool purposes.  I think it showed there isn't as big a gap between the best UFC strikers and pro boxers as everyone thought.  The UFC guys have a toughness and explosive athleticism that lets them hang.  There are absolutely some decent pro boxers out there that McGregor could have beaten.

He fought an old Mayweather. 

Edited by DM72