Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Canelo is gonna check GGG's chin.  GGG is gonna eat hooks and uppercuts and he gets stopped. Canelo is a counterpuncher against a come forward boxer in GGG.  GGG goes to sleep in this one. This is gonna be a war.  If it goes to the scorecards, expect some trickery. 

That was a good boxing card.  All three fights had good action. Chocolatito was getting lit up before the KO. SSR  came to fight and made sure there was no doubt about their first fight. He was complaining about headbutts, but SSR was tagging him. Let's see a unification with Inoue, Estrada can wait. Chocolatito will be back. SSR just had his number.

Finally, we got to see Inoue fight over here. Heard a lot of hype about him and he brought the goods. 

Michael Buffer with the screw up announcing the winner. It happens,  but that was funny mixing the first & last names for the winner.

GGG is undeniably talented but the question is whether he can beat someone that is pretty damn good. He was being fed mediocrity like Dominic Ward and dominated them. Canelo at least has attempted to challenge himself, only loss was to Mayweather. Should be interesting but I have Canelo winning this one late

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Before the Jacobs fight, i would have GGG as an overwhelming favorite, but i think that fight showed some holes Canelo should be able to exploit

Not sure who i'm picking yet

How does Canelo do anything that Jacobs did in that fight though? He doesn't have the size, reach, power or feet that Jacobs does. 

Very confident GGG wins this. Canelo doesn't have the feet to stay out of harms way imo. Late stoppage win for Golovkin.

20 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

How does Canelo do anything that Jacobs did in that fight though? He doesn't have the size, reach, power or feet that Jacobs does. 

Very confident GGG wins this. Canelo doesn't have the feet to stay out of harms way imo. Late stoppage win for Golovkin.

Jacobs' handspeed gave GGG some problems.  Canelo's hands are not as fast, but quick enough to do some damage.  He's also a better counter puncher than Jacobs, GGG will give him opportunities to land

GGG has showed some of his age his last couple of fights.  He's still incredibly dangerous, but he's not infallible like he was just a couple of years ago.  Waiting for the fight may ultimately be Canelo's best strategy

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Jacobs' handspeed gave GGG some problems.  Canelo's hands are not as fast, but quick enough to do some damage.  He's also a better counter puncher than Jacobs, GGG will give him opportunities to land

GGG has showed some of his age his last couple of fights.  He's still incredibly dangerous, but he's not infallible like he was just a couple of years ago.  Waiting for the fight may ultimately be Canelo's best strategy

I think it's a case of GGG's recent fights being ultra deceiving. Kell Brook and Danny Jacobs have rotted the minds of people in relation to this fight imo. Canelo brings a completely different skill set to the table. He won't win rounds from the outside. He's going to have to get into the pocket and GGG is going to stuff him with a jab every single time. Just like he did to Lemieux. Canelo has a terrible time with fighters with an accurate jab like Trout, Lara and Mayweather. He has a hard time getting past it and Golovkin's jab is the best he's ever faced. The Jacobs that fought GGG probably beats Canelo and all imo.

Canelo is coming off wins against the undersized Khan and Liam Smith as well as the corpse of Chavez. Obviously he was going to look good in those fights. They're fooling a lot of people though because fighting GGG is a different story altogether. 

I think GGG fights a very methodical fight, for the first six rounds or so anyway. Cuts the ring off and lets Canelo's slow feet do a lot of work before he eventually wears Canelo down and takes him late.  When Canelo does his usual thing of tiring late on and sitting against the ropes GGG will put it on him good and proper. If Liam Smith can push Canelo up against the ropes and land on him I can't wait to see GGG do the same. Only difference is Canelo will get stopped taking those big shots by GGG. 

• Like 2