Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I saw the second half of the fight

Canelo won thre last 3 rounds imo after GGG looked like he was in control.

That 118-110 card was an absolute farce.

a draw is a defensible overall result

you can't get to 118-110 without the exchange goods and services

• Like 4

It was a great fight. It just should have been ruled for ggg. Yes canelo came back. But you can't declare draw because of it. Throughout the entirety of the match ggg clearly was the aggressor. Lederman said himself he rewards aggressiveness, and canelo was largely on the ropes as ggg was going at him. This was a clear victory for ggg from someone who wanted canelo to win. I just wish other judges would have seen it that way. 

16 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

It was a great fight. It just should have been ruled for ggg. Yes canelo came back. But you can't declare draw because of it. Throughout the entirety of the match ggg clearly was the aggressor. Lederman said himself he rewards aggressiveness, and canelo was largely on the ropes as ggg was going at him. This was a clear victory for ggg from someone who wanted canelo to win. I just wish other judges would have seen it that way. 

Lederman ain't exactly the end-all, be-all when it comes to scoring fights

• Like 1

The Bird's must play some serious 'ball' with the powers that be. Between Robert's prefight rules diatribe to McGregor and the preplanned stoppage, to Adelaide's clear demonstration of sport fixing in the most corrupt of professions, they are on another level of criminality in sports

Edited by Bonez3
  • Haha 1

Atlas went on a rant about how the judge will continue to work because of boxing corruption and that she has made bad decisions in the past. There is honestly nothing that stops her from doing this again in the future. And that is why Atlas was so mad last night on ESPN. Because if I mess up at my job and do a bad job, I get fired for poor performance. But this judge will work again. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Canelo was the more effective puncher from what I saw.

I know Triple G was aggressive but Canelo wasnt getting hit.

7 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Lederman ain't exactly the end-all, be-all when it comes to scoring fights

he and his daughter are pretty bad at it lol

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Canelo was the more effective puncher from what I saw.

I know Triple G was aggressive but Canelo wasnt getting hit.

he and his daughter are pretty bad at it lol

Canelo was getting hit all night long. http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-vs-golovkin-compubox-punch-stats--120563

GGG landed more punches and was the aggressor. 

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Atlas went on a rant about how the judge will continue to work because of boxing corruption and that she has made bad decisions in the past. There is honestly nothing that stops her from doing this again in the future. And that is why Atlas was so mad last night on ESPN. Because if I mess up at my job and do a bad job, I get fired for poor performance. But this judge will work again. 

He's right. The sport is a lot less popular now cause it shoots itself in the foot constantly. Don't know if anyone watched the first PPV fight but the guy that won also had a judge score the fight 118-110 (8-2) for the guy that lost. 

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I saw the compubox stats.

From what I saw, nothing was really hurting Canelo. Canelo's punches were more effective.

GGG walked right through Canelo's 12th round flurry as well as an example. Never was particularly phased by the others punching power. 

You could literally see if you were watching the damn match that Golovkin was dominating the middle rounds and pushing Canelo to the ropes. Canelo had very little offense. Golovkin was clearly the aggressor and took over the middle rounds. This is not just me saying this, and I have no qualifications to be a judge, I'm just a guy who started watching this **** after McGregor - Mayweather. But it was VERY apparent that Golovkin took over the fight and this is not just me saying this, a strong majority of people also believe that Golovkin won the match overall based on his aggressiveness, although it might have been close due to the Canelo rally. This match in my opinion was won in the middle rounds where Golovkin took over, and even in the later rounds during the alleged Canelo rally Golovkin still looked like a force to be reckoned with while Canelo just looked worn down. 

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He's right. The sport is a lot less popular now cause it shoots itself in the foot constantly. Don't know if anyone watched the first PPV fight but the guy that won also had a judge score the fight 118-110 (8-2) for the guy that lost. 

GGG walked right through Canelo's 12th round flurry as well as an example. Never was particularly phased by the others punching power. 

less popular?

the sport just saw 4.6million pay a $100 for a sparring match after supposedly dying because of May/Pac.

this fight will do close to 2mil buys. the sport is as popular now as it can be within the overall sports landscape

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

less popular?

the sport just saw 4.6million pay a $100 for a sparring match after supposedly dying because of May/Pac.

this fight will do close to 2mil buys. the sport is as popular now as it can be within the overall sports landscape

Taking the biggest fight of the year and extrapolating that the sport is as popular as it could be is something I disagree with. It's gone down in popularity over the years though it's starting to come back. One problem is that there aren't really multiple divisions with must see fights. This is where having nobody of name recognition especially in the heavyweight division is problematic.