Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/09/10/adrien-broner-punches-guy-shoves-woman-on-vegas-strip/

If you didn't know before,  now you do. Adrien Broner is a LOSER, both in and out of the ring. He KO's a random stranger in Vegas. Not sure if guy said something to him prior, but I couldn't hear anything. Hope he gets sued and goes back to jail. That was totally uncalled for according to this video.

Edited by ksun247

51 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You make some very good points. I actually though Canelo lost to Trout and Lara.

nah man, nah

46 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Can't a boxer be charged with attempted murder if he uses his fists on some random person?

depends on the level of beatdown and where you are

boxer's hands are usually classified as lethal weapons because of training

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morrison J said:

I think it's a case of GGG's recent fights being ultra deceiving. Kell Brook and Danny Jacobs have rotted the minds of people in relation to this fight imo. Canelo brings a completely different skill set to the table. He won't win rounds from the outside. He's going to have to get into the pocket and GGG is going to stuff him with a jab every single time. Just like he did to Lemieux. Canelo has a terrible time with fighters with an accurate jab like Trout, Lara and Mayweather. He has a hard time getting past it and Golovkin's jab is the best he's ever faced. The Jacobs that fought GGG probably beats Canelo and all imo.

Canelo is coming off wins against the undersized Khan and Liam Smith as well as the corpse of Chavez. Obviously he was going to look good in those fights. They're fooling a lot of people though because fighting GGG is a different story altogether. 

I think GGG fights a very methodical fight, for the first six rounds or so anyway. Cuts the ring off and lets Canelo's slow feet do a lot of work before he eventually wears Canelo down and takes him late.  When Canelo does his usual thing of tiring late on and sitting against the ropes GGG will put it on him good and proper. If Liam Smith can push Canelo up against the ropes and land on him I can't wait to see GGG do the same. Only difference is Canelo will get stopped taking those big shots by GGG. 

very valid points.  I think the fight will be closer now than it would have been if it was made 2 or 3 years ago

the analyst side of me leans more towards GGG, but I get feelings about certain fights.  This feeling is leading me towards Canelo.  GGG certainly has more avenues to win, but there are realistic ways for Canelo to win.  He needs to keep his discipline though, he can't afford mistakes.

• Like 1

Finally, a good test for the champ. 

Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder vs Luis "King Kong" Ortiz set for November 4th

**** More at link

A fascinating heavyweight championship fight between Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz – men with a combined 65-0 record and 60 knockouts – will be held Nov. 4 at the Barclays Center in New York, Yahoo Sports has learned.

The bout will be for Wilder’s WBC heavyweight title belt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I am shocked Wilder accepted that fight

Ortiz has next to no name value outside the hardcore boxing fans, but is a serious threat to beat Wilder.

Probably tired of folks talking trash about his resume. His only big name is Stiverne. Everyone else were carefully selected tomato cans and taxi drivers. No real threats on his resume. LOL!

• Like 2

LOL! The hate for Floyd is still strong with Larry Merchant. He took control of his own career and became the highest paid athlete in the world, not just boxing. Now, some boxers want to follow his blueprint. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and family financially. We know the promoters and boxing commissions won't do it. Once you can't fight anymore, they have no use for you and don't care about you. It's literally the next man up philosophy.

His money persona, his boxing style that wasn't appealing to most casual fans and his outside the ring conduct had a lot of folks despising him. Those folks paid money to see him get beat. All it did was fuel his desire to keep winning and keep making MILLIONS. Not a bad way to go out, undefeated and filthy rich. 

Now, it's time for the next generation of stars (Canelo, GGG, D.Wilder, A. Joshua, E. Spence, T. Crawford, K. Thurman, M. Garcia, Loma, Rigo, Charlo bros, Benavides, etc.) to make their mark on the sport.

• Like 2