Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

13 hours ago, method man said:

This team is too good to get a top 3 pick. You should kiss that dream goodbye. In lieu of that, I’d rather make a playoff appearance and figure it out from there. Will hurt draft position but will help in free agency to get good players to actually come here

I'm thinking they may be too good, too.  Especially if the offense improves.

• 5 weeks later...

Playing with ESPN's NFL Playoff Machine:

1. Green Bay: 13-3

2. New Orleans: 13-3

3. Los Angeles: 11-5

4. Washington: 9-7

5. Tampa: 11-5

6. Seattle: 11-5

7. New York: 8-8

NY beats out both the 8-8 Vikings and Cardinals.

This is something that can realistically happen now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That would be sweet and have us win the division over NY; even though they swept us.

Edited by Rdskns2000

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Playing with ESPN's NFL Playoff Machine:

1. Green Bay: 13-3

2. New Orleans: 13-3

3. Los Angeles: 11-5

4. Washington: 9-7

5. Tampa: 11-5

6. Seattle: 11-5

7. New York: 8-8

NY beats out both the 8-8 Vikings and Cardinals.

This is something that can realistically happen now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That would be sweet and have us win the division over NY; even though they swept us.

So we need to WIN out? :o

Y'know, just saying... as a lifelong sports fan, this certainly feels like it could be the start of a run. Like a 2012 type 7-in-a-row-to-win-the-division type run.

Not saying it will be. But I see and feel the ingredients. Team buying in, building that belief and excitement, the energy, confidence, while putting the gameplan together. Growth on all three phases plus the playcalling. Strap in, boys and girls, we got meaningful games in December!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Interesting thing is, if I'm not mistaken, we're the same number of games behind winning the division, as we are from securing the 7th seed - 1 game away.

You are not incorrect. 

I think if they play the way they played tonight though there’s a reasonable chance they win out to get to 9-7. 

if they do that they really should win the division.  

All 4 games will be tough.  But none of the 4 teams are unbeatable.  And we just beat a good team.  

The most “Redskins” thing to do would be to go out and beat the 49ers and Seahawks and then lose to the Panthers.  I take that back. The most “Redskins” thing to do would be to lose out.  But that doesn’t feel like it’s going to happen.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You are not incorrect. 

I think if they play the way they played tonight though there’s a reasonable chance they win out to get to 9-7. 

All 4 games will be tough.  But none of the 4 teams are unbeatable.  And we just beat a good team.  

The most “Redskins” thing to do would be to go out and beat the 49ers and Seahawks and then lose to the Panthers.  I take that back. The most “Redskins” thing to do would be to lose out.  But that doesn’t feel like it’s going to happen.  

We are beating San Francisco and Philadelphia.  Probably beating Carolina.  Seattle is the tossup.  Considering where we were; I hope we get 8 or 9 wins.   If we get 9 wins, meaning we win out, I can see us winning at least one playoff game.

Edited by Rdskns2000

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You are not incorrect. 

That Redskins team left the building when they fell behind 14-0 to an unbeaten team and came back to win it in the 2nd half alone.

24 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We are beating San Francisco and Philadelphia.  Probably beating Carolina.  Seattle is the tossup.  Considering where we were; I hope we get 8 or 9 wins.   If we get 9 wins, meaning we win out, I can see us winning at least one playoff game.

I mean the Giants can win out as well... 😕

3 minutes ago, Xplosive said:

That Redskins team left the building when they fell behind 14-0 to an unbeaten team and came back to win it in the 2nd half alone.

I mean the Giants can win out as well... 😕

9-7 is probably good enough to nab the last Wild Card spot if not the division outright.

15 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So they flexed Browns @ Giants week 15 instead of Hawks @ Skins.

If we were @ Seattle, I bet they flex us. 

On top of that, Cleveland is playing @ New York so how many Rockefeller Square pictures and videos will we see during commercial breaks.  A 'contending' Giants team IN New York 5 days before Christmas gives NBC some serious optics.  I GUARANTEE that played a role.  +

The SNF football game in Week 16 is Titans @ Packers... no chance NBC is giving that game up. 

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 1

We need to win the next four games.

My gut tells me that the Giants are not going to wilt under the pressure. They will go 3-1 or 4-0.

If we win the next four games that means we did all that we could do from this point on. The football gods give their favor to heroic effort sometimes turning a hopeless cause into a hopeful one.

We win 4 and we likely take either the division or a wild card spot and we instantly become the team that no one wants to face the first playoff week.

12 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

We need to win the next four games.

My gut tells me that the Giants are not going to wilt under the pressure. They will go 3-1 or 4-0.

If we win the next four games that means we did all that we could do from this point on. The football gods give their favor to heroic effort sometimes turning a hopeless cause into a hopeful one.

We win 4 and we likely take either the division or a wild card spot and we instantly become the team that no one wants to face the first playoff week.

I think you're giving the Giants a little too much credit.  Their defense is good but I don't trust Daniel Jones.  And as much as I like Alf, I don't think he's a solution over a stretch of games like that.  

Winning out will be hard as we have Seattle.  They have Cleveland, who is playing good football.

God ****ing dammit, I am getting anxious and nervous.  And since none of my sports teams are any good, I have no idea how to deal with this.  It's not something I get to experience often.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think you're giving the Giants a little too much credit.  Their defense is good but I don't trust Daniel Jones.  And as much as I like Alf, I don't think he's a solution over a stretch of games like that.  

Winning out will be hard as we have Seattle.  They have Cleveland, who is playing good football.

God ****ing dammit, I am getting anxious and nervous.  And since none of my sports teams are any good, I have no idea how to deal with this.  It's not something I get to experience often.

That feeling is what we used to call playoff fever. Hasn’t been around these parts in a good while but believe me it’s a fever you want to catch. 

It changes the season from dreaming of that high draft pick that’s going to miraculously save us NEXT year to being about the quest for a Lombardi trophy THIS YEAR. 

Haven’t been this excited this late into the season in years.

Embrace it!

On 12/8/2020 at 12:47 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

I actually think Seattle is more beatable than San Fran and Carolina. Seattle is proving to be a street ball kind of team with a seriously flawed/vulnerable offensive line. We should beat the daylights out of them if we don't turn the ball over. They don't scare me at all after watching the NYG dominate them in the trenches.