Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Probally info alot of you know, but for those that dont:

RGIII says he plans to wear No. 10 in the NFL, and that the league has already okayed "Griffin III" for his nameplate

about 8 hours ago via webReplyRetweetFavorite@dcsportsbog

Dan Steinberg

Awesome! Although a little presumptuous with the #10 thing. At least wait for Gaffney to be traded for next to nothing before publicly taking the guy's number. :silly:

May 10th makes sense as a date to release the alternates. Draft RG3, let everyone buy jerseys. Reveal alternate a few weeks later, watch everyone buy RG3 jerseys in that. I'm hoping the alternate is something new. The Redskins have changed their unis a ton and I'm ready to see something new.

I really hope we go with a variation of the blue 1942 jersey, Anyway it is great marketing. Draft RG3, buy jersey, release alternates, buy jersey. $$$$$

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUjBKMQdpasDK46XIp8yBZAj9SqXcmjnA86KQWXQ9I3vcqjPSCbA54z3fcmA

I wouldn't mind those, that feather down the middle of the helmet is growing on me a bit.

But, please, this time let's get the entire head-to-toe look historically correct, unlike the 70th Anniversary uniforms, which had the spear logo on the pants and jersey sleeves. Also, it would be nice if they did away with the NFL shield and Nike logos on the throwback unis, too (not likely to happen, though, especially given the amount of money that Nike put on the table).

:helmet: :bluesbros:

---------- Post added April-30th-2012 at 06:23 PM ----------

We've done the Spear helmet for the 70th, the "R" for the 75th, I think for the 80th, they should do the Feather helmet:

http://mcns.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/johnny-unitas-017024254.jpg

And if you want to count the NFL 75th Anniversary Season of 1994, they wore their regular burgundy helmets (without the stripes and logos) with their throwback uniforms of that season. :helmet: :bluesbros:

Edited by jmj086

I really hope we go with a variation of the blue 1942 jersey, Anyway it is great marketing. Draft RG3, buy jersey, release alternates, buy jersey. $$$$$

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUjBKMQdpasDK46XIp8yBZAj9SqXcmjnA86KQWXQ9I3vcqjPSCbA54z3fcmA

I had a dream last night and the Blue jerseys were our throwback. The strange thing was that they were wearing blue pants too. The good news is we were up 14-3 at the half. RGIII scrambled and threw a TD pass at one point and it was a thing of beauty.

Edited by Stophovr6

So what's going on with these rumors that the gold pants won't be around anymore? They were the best tweak to our uniforms in decades. If Nike doesn't want to make them we need to stand up as fans and demand the continuation of the gold pants.

And if you want to count the NFL 75th Anniversary Season of 1994, they wore their regular burgundy helmets (without the stripes and logos) with their throwback uniforms of that season. :helmet: :bluesbros:

They wore those away at The Vagiants. I was at that Game. Freisz was our QB.

Edited by mbws

So what's going on with these rumors that the gold pants won't be around anymore? They were the best tweak to our uniforms in decades. If Nike doesn't want to make them we need to stand up as fans and demand the continuation of the gold pants.

Yeah I liked them too, along with the socks.

The NFL only allows you to have a home,away,and a alternate uniform. The gold pants we have been wearing are part of the 75th anniversary uniform which has been our alternate so it allowed us to use the pants like we have been. The Nike 80th anniversary unis will not have the same style of gold pants and probably wouldn't work with the normal home,away uniform. The alternate uniform may have a different style gold pants and the team likleywill wear the alternate at home this year.

During sportsnight on comcast sportsnet yesterday they were talking about the redskins and the graphic behind Julie Donaldson had the 80th anniversay logo. I hope it was not the official one because all they did was update the 75th with 80 and 1932-2012.

The NFL only allows you to have a home,away,and a alternate uniform. The gold pants we have been wearing are part of the 75th anniversary uniform which has been our alternate so it allowed us to use the pants like we have been. The Nike 80th anniversary unis will not have the same style of gold pants and probably wouldn't work with the normal home,away uniform. The alternate uniform may have a different style gold pants and the team likleywill wear the alternate at home this year.

I hope they continue to exploit that and wear the gold pants. Everyone agrees they are the freshest pants in existence. The freshness cannot be rivaled.

I hope they continue to exploit that and wear the gold pants. Everyone agrees they are the freshest pants in existence. The freshness cannot be rivaled.

They are definitely dope, except I think dijon-mustard yellow pants, instead of French's-mustard yellow pants, would look sick paired with a very, very dark burgundy (almost black) throwback jersey, with white numbers and gold name lettering.

They are definitely dope, except I think dijon-mustard yellow pants, instead of French's-mustard yellow pants, would look sick paired with a very, very dark burgundy (almost black) throwback jersey, with white numbers and gold name lettering.

So basically this:

P_6.jpg

The 70th anniversary throwbacks are definately my favorite uniforms. I hope we go with some kind of upgraded version of those.

For the most part, I like them too. The colors particularly. The jersey is a bit too busy for me, as I'm not a fan of the stripes with the arrow, plust the large numbers on the shoulder pads. I'd just tone is down some, and that's it, so something like this:

ap0909030203647-e1333749923811.jpg?w=620&h=439

Looking at this Redskins 80th bus picture....what are those to the left of Gibbs?

edit.....yes they are trophies. :doh: They looked strange, couldn't tell what they were at first.

Edited by HogNose

Actually - as for the pants in a uniform, teams are permitted to wear "Pursuant to the official colors established for each NFL club in the League Constitution and Bylaws,

playing squads are permitted to wear only those colors or a combination of those colors for helmets, jerseys, pants, and stockings" (Section 4 article 2), and the Redskins official colors are:

"Washington Redskins - Burgandy and yellow-gold" (NFL Constitution Bylaws 19:9)

So you can still see them. No worries