Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

What game(s) would we want the alternates this year? For divisional games, I'd want one against the Giants, home or away, preferably home. For everyone else, if the alternate is a home jersey, the Panthers. If the alternate is an away, either the Saints or the Steelers.

................By the way, could another Draft Day Yard Sale be in the works for the old Reebok gear, now that Nike has inked a new deal, league-wide?

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 08:08 AM ----------

Exactly what I was talking about, thanks for the quick post, Diesel Hog!!

That's what I'm looking for, Reebok doesn't even have football gear listed on their site, they gotta have TONS of stuff to get rid of... I'd like to know what and where, so I can BUY!!

Paul Lukas from Uni-Watch was at the Nike event and said he overheard Orakpo talking about the alternate and thought that he heard that a black uiform was involved.

God, I hope not. A BFBS (Black for Black Sake) uniform is probably worse than the all-burgundy embarrassment we've worn a few times.

:doh::puke::no::cry::stop::cuss::thud::shot:

A lot of speculation that the Skins alternates could be black... God I hope that's not true. I'd rather them wear green alternates if they feel the need to include a random color that completely ignores heritage and tradition. I will seriously hate if they unveil new black uniforms. Those spear uni's are fresh ^^^.

I don't think black ignores heritage or tradition. Each throwback look was new when it first came out decades ago. The current uniform was new when it came out decades ago. If the black uni's keep with the block font, have burgundy and gold, spear, chief, or feathers (or any combination), I don't care that they're black as long s they look good. Sometimes you gotta add new traditions to the old ones.

I blame Jerry Glanville for this black jersey trend. 20+ years later and it still won't die. Black jerseys and flat billed caps. :doh: If we have an alternate jersey it should be based off the 1933 season. Here is Baugh...colorized.

5205146405_98d9026a13_o.jpg

I don't think black ignores heritage or tradition. Each throwback look was new when it first came out decades ago. The current uniform was new when it came out decades ago. If the black uni's keep with the block font, have burgundy and gold, spear, chief, or feathers (or any combination), I don't care that they're black as long s they look good. Sometimes you gotta add new traditions to the old ones.

Black directly ignores heritage and tradition, because black has never been one of the team's colors.

Black for black's sake is never a good idea.

Just because those are the colors doesn't mean you have to use that combo in that fashion. I like to think of team uniforms as if they were clothes. So for example if I was going to an event, I'd NEVER wear a burgundy shirt over gold pants. It would just look ugly and so too would that combo on a uniform. Now...I would wear a white shirt over gold pants.

I totally disagree. I LOVE burgundy on gold unis. It's distinctive & sets us apart from everyone else. The only other team that even REMOTED looks like us is the Chiefs. Every other team uses a variation of many other colors (blue being the most commonly used...:puke: ). The burgundy jerseys with the gold pants is the best uni we have ever used, IMO. I hate the white pants, unless we are doing the white on white. But the white pants with burgundy jerseys are the ugly you describe. They need to just bunk those white pants & never use them again.

My Dad grew up with the George Allen 70's Skins, LOVED those uniforms, which is the REASON he became a fan as a kid and in turn passed it on to me. Can't ever go against the colors. Love the Gold Pants. Although, He's seen all the Super Bowls and I was only a youngin in 1991 so I have little if any recollection. LUCKY ME, I get these years

Edited by Murphs56