Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Maybe it's weird as a Redskins fan but I absolutely despise the color gold on our uniforms...

Yea u weird bruh.

Everybody hating on how these jersey's look "plain" but so did Reebok's. They looked, well like JERSEY'S. Our uni's will never change like that so get used to it(to the youngins). The Elite joint's have different patterns in the stiching that look pretty dope but the biggest change is the material of the jerseys making them not so heavy and more Nike Dry Fit which is the way to go. My only beef is the price jump on the "Premier" now known as "Limited" but since its Nike im cool with it and will be coppin the RG3 half way thru the season if he's viable.

Hail

Yea u weird bruh.

Everybody hating on how these jersey's look "plain" but so did Reebok's. They looked, well like JERSEY'S. Our uni's will never change like that so get used to it(to the youngins). The Elite joint's have different patterns in the stiching that look pretty dope but the biggest change is the material of the jerseys making them not so heavy and more Nike Dry Fit which is the way to go. My only beef is the price jump on the "Premier" now known as "Limited" but since its Nike im cool with it and will be coppin the RG3 half way thru the season if he's viable.

Hail

You know your gonna want the Elite jersey better, I want one but I just hope its not tight, I don't wanna have to start doing sit ups just to wear it.

You know your gonna want the Elite jersey better, I want one but I just hope its not tight, I don't wanna have to start doing sit ups just to wear it.

LOL at doing sit ups to wear it. Im pretty sure they wont be THAT dry fit tight. But yea of course I want the Elite jersey but Im not spending $250 for a Jersey for a player that will be around for a couple years. Thank God I didnt go the Landry route like I was thinking a couple years ago. My last 2 jersey's have been 21 and 26 so both will forever be memorable for me. Lookin forward to the same for RG3's....

LOL at doing sit ups to wear it. Im pretty sure they wont be THAT dry fit tight. But yea of course I want the Elite jersey but Im not spending $250 for a Jersey for a player that will be around for a couple years. Thank God I didnt go the Landry route like I was thinking a couple years ago. My last 2 jersey's have been 21 and 26 so both will forever be memorable for me. Lookin forward to the same for RG3's....

21 and 26 were actually my last two authentic jerseys I purchased as well, and when we resign Fletch, 59 will be my first nike elite jersey purchase.

Yea u weird bruh.

Hail

Yeah Nah, I was glad we didn't go full Oregeon on our gear, even though I LOVE Maryland's uniforms and like Oregeons, the Redskins have too much tradition to go all swagged out on their uniforms, it seems more fitting for college anyways. I just don't like the mustard yellow, it can have as much tradition as it wants, still doesn't make it look good to the eye. I like deeper colours, and I just can't stand bright mustard yellow pants or helmets.

Always bothers me when people complain that our burgundy isn't burgundy enough and our gold isn't gold enough...

Slingin' Sammy Baugh wore burgundy and gold. I ain't ****in' about something Sammy Baugh wore. Get over it.

Edited by NLC1054

^^^Yea thats pretty much how I see it. We've always been BnG so my eye adapts to what we wear lol

Yeah Nah, I was glad we didn't go full Oregeon on our gear, even though I LOVE Maryland's uniforms and like Oregeons, the Redskins have too much tradition to go all swagged out on their uniforms, it seems more fitting for college anyways. I just don't like the mustard yellow, it can have as much tradition as it wants, still doesn't make it look good to the eye. I like deeper colours, and I just can't stand bright mustard yellow pants or helmets.

I get ya now, the "mustard yellow" and "gold" can be interchangeable depending on the eye. Some see Gold in our Arrow throwbacks and some see it now. Not really a right answer to it I guess. O well.

Edited by HLF

The thing is, our unis are not going to make everyone happy.

"Boo-hoo, our gold isn't gold enough!" or "it's not actually gold, THIS is gold" or "Our burgundy is too red" or "our burgundy is too brown" or "that's MAROON, <insert Jim Zorn reference here>."

It's like...shut the hell up. You root for the ****in' team, not the uniforms. To see people complain that we didn't change enough about the new uniforms and have it basically come down to "this color is a shade too light/dark for my taste" is dumb.

Our colors are burgundy and gold, and as long as we have SOME combination of that, it should be fine. You root for the team, the player''s the coaches. The uniforms are secondary. It's just what they wear. And for what it's worth, the Redskins STILL have some of the classiest uniforms in the NFL. So why sit around complaining about the little stuff?

Just cheer for the team. The unis are just set dressing.

I really want to see what this looks like. Hopefully comes out soon!

Now that you mentioned it, I am curious, too, about what Nike will come out with for an alternate/throwback jersey and/or uniform for the 80th Anniversary Season. The helmet design I'd like to see is the one they wore in the early to mid-1960's, the dark maroon helmet with blank sides, and a feather running front to back down the center of the helmet. A forgotten classic!!

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 05:30 AM ----------

Love the shift away from the black shoes, that always bugged me. That alone makes me confident this move to Nike was the right move.

I totally agree, BadKarma, the black shoes were way too trendy, and got stale real quick. Personally, I had always liked the white shoes with burgundy trim, regardless of the brand. I think I just might learn to like what Nike has to offer. If not, no problem---just add mud!!! Come game time, there will be plenty of that (at least at home)!!!

Now that you mentioned it, I am curious, too, about what Nike will come out with for an alternate/throwback jersey and/or uniform for the 80th Anniversary Season. The helmet design I'd like to see is the one they wore in the early to mid-1960's, the dark maroon helmet with blank sides, and a feather running front to back down the center of the helmet. A forgotten classic!!

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 05:30 AM ----------

I totally agree, BadKarma, the black shoes were way too trendy, and got stale real quick. Personally, I had always liked the white shoes with burgundy trim, regardless of the brand. I think I just might learn to like what Nike has to offer. If not, no problem---just add mud!!! Come game time, there will be plenty of that (at least at home)!!!

I'd be down with this for the 80th:

redskins5.jpg

................By the way, could another Draft Day Yard Sale be in the works for the old Reebok gear, now that Nike has inked a new deal, league-wide?

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 08:08 AM ----------

Exactly what I was talking about, thanks for the quick post, Diesel Hog!!

Edited by jmj086

:puke::puke::puke::puke: As a MD fan, their new uniforms and helmets look like ****. I don't mind it for one game (the MD Flag helmet and uni), but nothing about the flat black helmet or the ugly combination says MD to me. It's an abomination.

Jerseys are growing on me, but I'm still going to need to see how the material looks and feels in person. The pictures are all either CGI, touched-up photos, or bad quality, so it seems hard to gauge. I can say, regardless of the material, I miss the mesh. I know times are changing, and moisture wicking is becoming the standard, but I really miss that jerseys had certain qualities to set them apart visually and texturally.

Considering Orakpo said we'd be going "all-out" with our alternate jerseys, I feel like they won't be throwbacks at all.

Paul Lukas from Uni-Watch was at the Nike event and said he overheard Orakpo talking about the alternate and thought that he heard that a black uiform was involved.

God, I hope not. A BFBS (Black for Black Sake) uniform is probably worse than the all-burgundy embarrassment we've worn a few times.

Paul Lukas from Uni-Watch was at the Nike event and said he overheard Orakpo talking about the alternate and thought that he heard that a black uiform was involved.

God, I hope not. A BFBS (Black for Black Sake) uniform is probably worse than the all-burgundy embarrassment we've worn a few times.

Bleh - reminds me that blackout merchandise they had a few years back.