Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Those Steelers jerseys are heinous.

Heinous. Such a great word. Personally I hope the Redskin throwbacks are better than this but to be honest I won't be bothered if they're not. I think it would be pretty amusing to see a game played in uniforms that were heinous. Just for the entertainment value. Like, a football game broke out during the world's worst costume party.

Wow. that Steelers uniform even has me wondering who thought that was a good idea and what recreational pharmaceuticals they were taking at the time. Here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18626511/steelers-unveil-80th-anniversary-throwback-uniforms

Love the caption under the pic,(click on that link at your own risk). Must be that 80 years thing.

Now here's what the Steelers had to choose from.

Pittsburgh+Steelers+1200.jpg

The Redskins,(look at year Steelers used). Should they decide to do the same thing.

Washington+Redskins+1200.jpg

Edited by Park City Skins

Let me preface this by saying I hate the Steelers.

But those throwback Steelers jerseys aren't THAT bad. I mean... it's an alternate jersey to celebrate a time when players wore different styles of jerseys. What should you really expect? You either make a jersey that captures that or you don't.

If the Skins wore something similar for a game or two I wouldn't hate it. Now if they choose that for their primary jersey, then I'd be worried.

But those throwback Steelers jerseys aren't THAT bad. I mean... it's an alternate jersey to celebrate a time when players wore different styles of jerseys. What should you really expect? You either make a jersey that captures that or you don't.

If the Skins wore something similar for a game or two I wouldn't hate it. Now if they choose that for their primary jersey, then I'd be worried.

Oh yes they are. They should never wear them. They should just burn them now and the players who modeled them should contact the OHCHR as soon as possible.:)

sorry bro, that Steelers uni is the absolute worst i've ever seen in my entire life.. they are hideous!!

I think that it would be cool for us to go for the 1933 look for a game. Native American logo on the front, number(I'm assuming) on the back, mustard yellow pants(for the nostalgic feel), and solid burgundy helmet a few shades darker than the jersey. If we're going to go old school, go all in like a lot of other teams have done(Broncos, Packers, Steelers). I'd be entertained seeing it once. I might even buy a limited edition jersey in that style.

I am 6-3 and weigh about 350. I appreciated the fact that the Reebok replicas were nice and roomy. These new Nike jersey's look a lot like T-shirts that are slim fit. I guess I'll have to try them on before I buy one.

I'm 5' 10" 135 lbs I'm REALLY looking forward to these jerseys :ols:

We may actually eventually enter an era where teams compete to see who can wear the ugliest, most distracting uniforms...when on the field, the defense can't focus, because their eyes are bleeding and they're puking, muttering "no, no, no, no, no........NOOOOOOOOOO!"

The Steelers are winning right now.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

I'm 5' 10" 135 lbs I'm REALLY looking forward to these jerseys :ols:

Dude, eat a sammich. :pfft::ols:

J/K, but you are really thin.

I'm 5-9 and about 185. I could stand to lose about 15 pounds. In High School I was around 135. After college I was around 145. Then I started lifting weights in my late 20s and early 30s and bulked up to about 170. Now, I have a small spare tire I'm trying to get rid of. I go to the gym twice a week (I should go more) which has helped me stay at around 185.

May 10th makes sense as a date to release the alternates. Draft RG3, let everyone buy jerseys. Reveal alternate a few weeks later, watch everyone buy RG3 jerseys in that. I'm hoping the alternate is something new. The Redskins have changed their unis a ton and I'm ready to see something new.

I totally agree with you, "Diesel Hog", break out that uniform (the 1959 to 1964 duds, with the feather helmet) for the 80th Anniversary Season. Even better, the Redskins are playing in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day. I am pumped up, already!! :helmet: :bluesbros:

Edited by jmj086

I think that it would be cool for us to go for the 1933 look for a game. Native American logo on the front, number(I'm assuming) on the back, mustard yellow pants(for the nostalgic feel), and solid burgundy helmet a few shades darker than the jersey. If we're going to go old school, go all in like a lot of other teams have done(Broncos, Packers, Steelers). I'd be entertained seeing it once. I might even buy a limited edition jersey in that style.

Exactly. I hope they go with the Indian head unis with the number on the back. This is the 80th anniversary and they might as well go with a true throwback uniform. I would buy a RG3 1933 throwback in a heartbeat.

29018a.preview.jpg

Edited by HogNose