Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

You do realize those are our colors right? What colors should we be wearing? Maroon and black?
Just because those are the colors doesn't mean you have to use that combo in that fashion. I like to think of team uniforms as if they were clothes. So for example if I was going to an event, I'd NEVER wear a burgundy shirt over gold pants. It would just look ugly and so too would that combo on a uniform. Now...I would wear a white shirt over gold pants.

A lot of Skin fans "like" our colors and uniforms due to tradition...not because they look good. Our colors are fine if that's what we want to stick with but it's ugly to do burgundy over gold. Looks like McDonalds/Wells Fargo.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 07:24 PM ----------

Let me make a correction. I don't mind burgundy top over gold pants if both the burgundy top and gold bottom has a slight mixture of different colors in it ala your RG3 avatar.

Edited by dnpmakkah

Just because those are the colors doesn't mean you have to use that combo in that fashion. I like to think of team uniforms as if they were clothes. So for example if I was going to an event, I'd NEVER wear a burgundy shirt over gold pants. It would just look ugly and so too would that combo on a uniform. Now...I would wear a white shirt over gold pants.

A lot of Skin fans "like" our colors and uniforms due to tradition...not because they look good. Our colors are fine if that's what we want to stick with but it's ugly to do burgundy over gold. Looks like McDonalds/Wells Fargo.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 07:24 PM ----------

Let me make a correction. I don't mind burgundy top over gold pants if both the burgundy top and gold bottom has a slight mixture of different colors in it ala your RG3 avatar.

I'd have no problem with that either. I'm ready for an infusion of modern designs using our existing colors.

One problem is that we don't actually wear Gold, we wear a mustard, which is why it looks so McD's. I think if they actually used a gold and a deep burgundy, and used modern styling, they could make something really cool.

haha very fake.

I have yet to get any kind of answer on whether RG3 will be allowed to have "Griffin III" on his jersey.

I hope to god he can.

Been answered on here many times, but one more just for you.:)

The League doesn't allow the "lll" to be used.

I'd have no problem with that either. I'm ready for an infusion of modern designs using our existing colors.

One problem is that we don't actually wear Gold, we wear a mustard, which is why it looks so McD's. I think if they actually used a gold and a deep burgundy, and used modern styling, they could make something really cool.

I can roll with that. Darker burgundy, darker gold. Incorporate some white or black in it for change up. I'd also like to incorporate our feather into the design it's badass. I even like the old spear too. Not a fan of the red Indian face but I know it's a traditional thing. Edited by dnpmakkah

An updated, but still very similar version of this jersey would be cool for the 80th:

$(KGrHqJ,!jIE4reKUEGrBOLNqgmFkw~~0_3.JPG

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

NIke's take on the 80th anniversary are going to be HOTTT

REference:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/redskins/redskins_lg.jpg

Use the current helmet, but darker burgundy, and make the gold less shiny, and the 70th anniversary uni is the way to go.

Edited by Diesel Hog

I despise the 70th The spear sux.

I don't like the design but the colors are right. There has to be a designer out there that can make those colors work with the new uniforms. Don't really care for the spear but the helmet needs a feather incorporated somehow.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

Rak at 1:09 quoting RED top. It may look redish but you still gotta say burgundy don't you :beatdeadhorse:

It's just clearly not burgundy and gold. It's ketchup and mustard and it bugs me. 49ers have gold, why can't we? Tone the red down to what burgundy should look like, and we're set.

It's just clearly not burgundy and gold. It's ketchup and mustard and it bugs me. 49ers have gold, why can't we? Tone the red down to what burgundy should look like, and we're set.

The 49er's gold is too dark. Maybe a happy medium of sorts?

Just a shade darker for both colors would do it for me, but I was pretty happy with the way Rak looked today. RG3 is gonna like sick in these uni's.

I don't like the design but the colors are right. There has to be a designer out there that can make those colors work with the new uniforms. Don't really care for the spear but the helmet needs a feather incorporated somehow.

http://www.helmethut.com/mitchel.html

This is the throwback helmet i'd like to see. Even if they change the feather to be white and yellow.

The 49er's gold is too dark. Maybe a happy medium of sorts?

Just a shade darker for both colors would do it for me, but I was pretty happy with the way Rak looked today. RG3 is gonna like sick in these uni's.

Agreed, I do not want the brownish gold of the 49ers incorporated into the Redskins in anyway shape or form. "Gold" comes in multiple shades, and what the 49ers wear, and the shade the Rams and Saints wear, I don't like at all. For me, the more yellowish gold is best. The current one is OK, and I prefer it way more than the teams mentioned, but I would think it would be better if it were less shiny and slightly darker. Basically the colors from the 70th are as close to what I'm thinking as I've seen.