Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

11 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

If we can't get an update in general to the logo, I'd like this once in awhile at least. The 1937 Throwback look was simple but different, and the helmet was an interesting take on the leather helmets from the time.

I know a lot of people weren't big fans of these Unis, but I absolutely love them. I wish we would at least wear them one game out of each year. Those along with the yellow helmets. NFL really needs to change that one helmet rule. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, max21 said:

We’ve been showing them for almost 30 years now. White on white is a clean look, but yeah I’m sure Brees and the Saints are embarrassed to wear all white 

The Saints haven't won a Super Bowl since 2009. The Saints never wore all-white in 2009. Coincidence? Probably. But all white still is super unimaginative when you have all the colors of the rainbow and instead choose uniforms that gain more color through grass stains than they lose.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The Saints haven't won a Super Bowl since 2009. The Saints never wore all-white in 2009. Coincidence? Probably. But all white still is super unimaginative when you have all the colors of the rainbow and instead choose uniforms that gain more color through grass stains than they lose.

The saints have wore white on white tons of times lol

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I mean that’s your opinion, I think the all white Saints jersey looks awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The saints have wore white on white tons of times lol

That's exactly my point lol. They wore white on white tons of times and never won the Super Bowl.... except for in 2009, when they didn't wear white on white for the entire season.

• 1 month later...

always thought the NFL mandated TV numbers on the shoulder/sleeve … learn something new everyday ...

https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Uniform_number_(American_football)

NFL

A system of assignment of jersey numbers was initiated in American football's NFL in 1952;[1] it was updated and made more rigid in 1973.[2] Numbers are always worn on the front and back of a player's jersey, and so-called "TV numbers" are worn on the sleeve or shoulder. The Cincinnati Bengals were the last NFL team to wear jerseys without "TV numbers" on a regular basis in 1980, though since then several NFL teams have worn throwback uniforms from a time without "TV numbers", since as of 2008 they are not mandated by NFL rules. (The same can not be said for players' last names on the backs of jerseys, which are required to be on all uniforms, even throwbacks that predated the last name rule.) For instance, in the 2007 NFL season, the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, and Pittsburgh Steelers wore throwbacks without "TV numbers".

I really like these jerseys with the numbers on the helmet.  I’d be perfectly fine with them just picking a name like Warriors and just keeping this uniform.  I think it would be huge mistake to go away from the classic look of the burgundy & gold for a complete rebrand and name change.  These are fire 🔥 

99B004A0-ADA2-4ADB-9D6B-6DED9D1989E0.jpeg

DF101876-7A8F-4F2B-98C6-B7BEF5854EC7.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hey, I like our Ketchup n' Mustard unis

Nah.

They remind me too much of Bruce Allen, who was trying too hard to remember his father's time as coach of the Redskins.

When all he was doing was besmirching the unis.

They probably would've been alright if they were actually burgundy and gold, and not ketchup and mustard.

• Like 3

The look is pretty close to the university of Minnesota uniforms.  That's fine, but I miss the double stripe on the end of the sleeve.

Putting the number on the helmet is cool. I've always loved that about Alabama.  I like the plain Penn State helmet too, especially with the dark solid uniforms.  I like a clean look.  But the yellow number on the red background is a little tough to see.  Works better the way Alabama does it with the white numerals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The look is pretty close to the university of Minnesota uniforms.  That's fine, but I miss the double stripe on the end of the sleeve.

Putting the number on the helmet is cool. I've always loved that about Alabama.  I like the plain Penn State helmet too, especially with the dark solid uniforms.  I like a clean look.  But the yellow number on the red background is a little tough to see.  Works better the way Alabama does it with the white numerals.

Yep, thats the same team I thought of when I saw the uniform.

White trim around the numbers would have looked nice. Better yet white numbers with yellow trim probably would be even better.  

What I like most is the fact that the jersey is actually burgundy. If this is the color, it's much better than the red we used to have. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 7:41 AM, -JB- said:

I really like these jerseys with the numbers on the helmet.  I’d be perfectly fine with them just picking a name like Warriors and just keeping this uniform.  I think it would be huge mistake to go away from the classic look of the burgundy & gold for a complete rebrand and name change.  These are fire 🔥 

exactly where I am at. Those unis are stunning IMO. Beautiful look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1