Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

30 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I’m not sure about a rebrand but I can see a debrand comming. Removing commanders from everything and never mentioning it as far as the team is concerned. Add feathers to everything and move on.

As in, just go back to Washington... no nickname?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

As in, just go back to Washington... no nickname?

I'd vote to go back to "Washington Football Team" and go with the helmet with the number on the side. I thought those were dope.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I'd vote to go back to "Washington Football Team" and go with the helmet with the number on the side. I thought those were dope.

Add the feather to the number on the helmet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I'm fine with the helmet W, but love putting it in a circle with feathers.

It could basically be a situation where everyone can go back to calling them the Redskins, but just avoid it being official.

Probably the best we can do - league won't let it go back to being the official nickname, but may turn a blind eye if it's unofficial.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

I don't know.... honestly, I assumed they wouldn't let him do a presser in knockoff gear! 🤷

Can you post this picture ?

Edit: Got it.

image.thumb.png.b71e805516428869e43c9cc93b5c99e7.png

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Dan Quinn just made the same mistake Josh Harris did when he first bought the team and he is about to learn the same lesson that the latter had to have beaten over his head.

People in position of power in this org have more influence to incite things than they realize, and that has good and bad consequences.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Can you post this picture ?

Edit: Got it.

image.thumb.png.b71e805516428869e43c9cc93b5c99e7.png

Love the feathers, hate the "W" insignia. If they could get rid of the "W" and replace it with something else, that would be so much better.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TK said:

It’s not so much the W I’ve had an issue with but the stupid font they changed to. 

Yeah, I agree. I could live with a "W" if it didn't look like some kind of origami artwork creation.

• Haha 4

I don't see where the team is going with the feather on the W, if it is something that the team sanctioned. The feather only makes sense with the old team name. Bringing back a the couple of feathers to pin on a Commanders logo feels like a dead end.

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't see where the team is going with the feather on the W, if it is something that the team sanctioned. The feather only makes sense with the old team name. Bringing back a the couple of feathers to pin on a Commanders logo feels like a dead end.

Honestly, this seems to be a prototype shirt that the team was considering during the rebrand process. DQ probably saw the shirt and said "I'll wear that one". He seems like a guy who came up respecting the old brand and wanted to make a nod towards that.

Of course our lunatic media/fans are going to blow it up to the next level so here we are.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Not if you eventually get rid of the name ' Commanders ".

The feathers are on the " W ", not ' Commanders ".

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 hours ago, The Rook said:

Speaking of trying to do it right, this time - good article here:

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/09/josh-harris-ownership-group-addressing-commanders-branding-botch-name-change/

:229:The Rook

Thanks for sharing that, it's a good read. And I'm glad they tied JW directly to the flawed decision-making that screwed up the branding efforts. It still pisses me off how he could say, with a straight face, that fans chose/wanted Commanders.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Thanks for sharing that, it's a good read. And I'm glad they tied JW directly to the flawed decision-making that screwed up the branding efforts. It still pisses me off how he could say, with a straight face, that fans chose/wanted Commanders.

To me the article is pointing out that JW's ties to the Snyder regime are still prevalent. Let us all HAIL by putting his head on a stick, can him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

There was nothing good about that opinion piece written by a biased fan who is upset about the change. 

This shift in branding could very well be lead by the guy he's pointing the finger at. Nobody but those in the building knows. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, skinzplay said:

It still pisses me off how he could say, with a straight face, that fans chose/wanted Commanders.

In all fairness, I don't know if he ever

said " this is the name the fans have chosen ", more like " this is the name that encompasses what the fans wanted in a name ".

But I also doubt that another change would havve been his idea.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Dan Quinn wearing that shirt is a nightmare because all it's going to do is bring back everyone swearing the Redskins name is coming back. It's not. Although I'd definitely be up for a mix of the old uniform with the new helmet. 

That's a rather low threshold for nightmares.

I love the shirt and thank Quinn for wearing it. Of course the Redskins name isn't coming back, and literally everyone with an IQ above 70 knows that. Incorporating design elements from the past is a different matter, and I think it's awesome. Next step, get rid of the garbage uniforms and bring back the classics with a new helmet logo. Heck, even just the WFT numbers.

This being a "controversy" merely indicates that the national sports media is starved for stories during this part of the offseason.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Dan Quinn wearing that shirt is a nightmare because all it's going to do is bring back everyone swearing the Redskins name is coming back. It's not. Although I'd definitely be up for a mix of the old uniform with the new helmet. 

While I don't think it's true, you could hope that this a 4D chess move. Signal that the new regime isn't going to pretend the old name / branding doesn't exist... it's ok to show the old stuff and talk about the Redskins.

Here's to hoping 🤞

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

While I don't think it's true, you could hope that this a 4D chess move. Signal that the new regime isn't going to pretend the old name / branding doesn't exist... it's ok to show the old stuff and talk about the Redskins.

Here's to hoping 🤞

I think the people who run this team are very smart and very calculated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

I mean, yeah. That was always the most likely outcome lol:

13 hours ago, Conn said:

if we’re being honest, the “at a minimum” option is actually: “at a minimum his wife maybe saw the shirt online and bought it for him and he thought it was cool and doesn’t give a ****” lol

• Like 1