Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I've never been able to find a clip, but Dusty cut a promo on TBS when I was kind where acted as hype man for Andre The Giant. I have no idea why Andre was coming to town, but I assume it was to even the score with someone who did something bad to Big Dust.

I'm probably remembering it all wrong, because I was 8, but it stuck with me.

I'm bringin' in the biggest man in the world, baby. The man with the biggest fists. The man with the biggest knees. The main with the biggest elboweses.

He added at least six "s" to elbows.

69973b7f03cf0419a716b6bec4c5c0db.jpg

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

UPDATE: As reported earlier, WWE.com announced the tragic news that Dusty Rhodes (Virgil Runnels) has passed away at the age of 69.

While there aren't a lot of specific details to report at this time, we can confirm that Rhodes suffered a fall at his house yesterday and his kidneys were shutting down as he started to get dehydrated. The fall took place yesterday and his condition became worse throughout the night. He succumbed to his injuries this morning.

Rhodes was one of the biggest names to come from NWA and is a three time champion of that promotion. He started wrestling in the 1970s and wrestled for a little over thirty years. He’s also the father to WWE stars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels).

• Like 1

http://www.ropebreakwrestling.com/kevin-owens-pays-tribute-to-dusty-rhodes/

Kevin Owens Pays Tribute To Dusty Rhodes

By Alec Kaszubski on June 11, 2015

While many WWE superstars past and present have paid tribute to Dusty Rhodes today, Kevin Owens made a lengthy post that really stood out from the rest. It is truly moving and shows how much respect everyone truly had for “The American Dream.” You can read Kevin’s post below:

Dusty…

These past few weeks, I kept telling myself that I had to find time to stop by the Performance Center and talk to Dusty. I wanted to thank him for all of his help in the last year and make sure he knew how grateful I was for the chance I got to work with him. But I’ve been very busy and just couldn’t find the time.

Well, today, I learned that Dusty Rhodes has passed away.

There are no words to express the sadness I feel, not only because I won’t get to see him or talk to him or laugh with him again, but because I didn’t get to tell him how special he was to me.

So today, I invite you all to make time to tell the people in your lives how much they mean to you…You never know what tomorrow will bring.

I can only hope that even though I didn’t get to tell him directly, Dusty knew how much I appreciated and valued his help, wisdom, support and friendship. He was unlike anybody I’ve ever met in this industry and to say that I will always remember him and be thankful for the honor of having known him is an understatement.

In the meantime, the entire NXT crew is on its way to Pittsburgh where we will do what we do best. And you can bet every single second of tonight and every other NXT show this week are dedicated to the memory of the legendary, one-and-only Dusty Rhodes.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time…especially his children. Your father was an incredible coach and an even better man. He will be greatly missed.

Dusty used to call us “his NXT kids”… Well, I think I speak for all of us at when I say that tonight and every other night from here on out, we will give it our all for you, Dusty.

We’ll make you proud, Dream.

Thank you for the memories…thank you for everything.

Much love,

Kevin

• Like 4

Something that has bothered me, why does it seem like HHH and Steph like to screw with Rollins if he's part of The Authority? Shouldn't they have been helping him the whole time? Same with Kane. I just never understood that.

1) they are building towards Rollins transitioning from chicken **** heel to a legit threat heel. I love how that MITB match was booked

2) that all leads to the eventual HHH vs Rollins match

In fact, I'd book that as Rollins overthrowing HHH and taking his spot with Stephanie. HHH becomes a face who can lose to uber hated heel Rollins without getting hurt too much

If nothing else, at least they now have three heels who want to be disliked in Owens, Rollins, and Steph. That's a step up over the past few years where everyone wanted to be Kevin Nash.

Man that's my biggest issue with wrestling

Sheamus and Bray really lack heel ability IMO

Also, the faces suck too. Everyone wants to be spider man and throw out corny ass one liners. Can one face be serious? Just one?

This whole Rollins vs Reigns/Ambrose deal should have been a dead serious feud. Rollins betrayed them. They should want to kill him...no jokes.

Man that's my biggest issue with wrestling

Sheamus and Bray really lack heel ability IMO

Also, the faces suck too. Everyone wants to be spider man and throw out corny ass one liners. Can one face be serious? Just one?

This whole Rollins vs Reigns/Ambrose deal should have been a dead serious feud. Rollins betrayed them. They should want to kill him...no jokes.

I think it's the second biggest issue in wrestling. The biggest is that none of the faces seem to be friends.

In all those Dusty clips, do you notice how often he is with a group of faces, rescuing a face, or being rescued by a face? Dusty actually overdid this to some degree - getting involved in throwaway Jimmy Valient and Wahoo feuds for no good reason. But if Magnum was in trouble...Dusty was coming to help. And it that set up a tag match in Greensboro in two weeks all the better.

Owens could sodomize Cena with a beer bottle in the ring and no babyface is going to come help him. It's the weirdest thing.

I think it's a big reason why all these feuds never lead anywhere. Babyface A gets cheapshotted by Heel A which drags out Babyface B which leads to a Babyface B being in Babyface A's corner at the PPV....which leads to Heel A paying off Heel B to take out Babyface B so Heel A can cheat....which leads to tag match between Babyface A and B versus Heel A and B which leads to Heel A transitioning to Babyface B and I just booked six months of wrestling with a variety of matches off one cheapshot.

Very true. I feel like a guy like Ziggler is built to be that "friends will everyone" type guy. Clearly not Dusty but I think you get my point

Heyman brought this up on Austin's podcast, but the heel beatdowns last for days now. When the Horseman did something, they had less than 60 seconds to pull it off unless they put in some bigger plan in place. The attack on Ricky Morton where they rubbed his face in the concrete literally took 25 seconds before Dusty got involved if you watch the clip.

By the way, I've been watching a ton of Dusty clips since he died. David Crockett is the single worst announcer in wrestling history...but is also kind of tremendous. That dude just loved wrestling even if he had no ability to actually talk coherently about it.

The KO attack on that skinny white rapper dude (Machine Gun Kelly) was the definition of cheap heat. It was also warranted after that god awful performance.

Just shows how out of touch the company is. I don't even think MGK has fans in Cleveland and that's his hometown

Taz tweeted out that that action made KO more over as a face and he's right

Just shows how out of touch the company is. I don't even think MGK has fans in Cleveland and that's his hometown

LOL, so dude is still going strong. He went nuclear at Lebron a few years back for leaving Cleveland. I made a post in the NBA thread saying I wonder if he still hates him, after he came back and took them from trailer trash to the Finals. More importantly, I wondered if Bron even knew who dude was lol.

Unknown rapper gets one hit with Dre, then decides to take a shot at one of the most famous athletes in the world, who also happens to be cool with just about every bigtime artist in the game. Not the best career move.