Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Don't get me wrong...I'd love to see Austin again

As a kid, I start watching regularly towards the end of 99 so at that point, he was really breaking down physically and off tv

When he came back, he went against Rock so I hated him lol

Now that I'm older, I really appreciate his work more

As long as he doesn't take a bump and still gets to do his real podcasts every Thursday, I'm good

Get on the Network or YouTube & look up his WCW Hollywood Blondes stuff with Pillman. He wasn't banged up back then & did a lot technical wrestling.
  • Like 1

As talented as so many of the young dudes in WWE are, I can't see but two or three of them figuring that out. Even Cena has sometimes been rattled by fan reaction.

As good as the Performance Center is for home growing talent, I think it'd be a HUGE benefit if they could guys guys like Austin, Foley, etc to come in do a day or two seminar on certain aspects of the business. Kind of like they did on the last Tough Enough, but with more detail & education/explanation especially on ring psychology & selling & working smart.
  • Like 1

Get on the Network or YouTube & look up his WCW Hollywood Blondes stuff with Pillman. He wasn't banged up back then & did a lot technical wrestling.

Hell, even during his tenure with Dibiase's crew, he was doing a lot of that stuff. Shocked me the first time i saw it. He obviously had to change is ring style when he became Stone Cold (and after the first couple nkne injuries and neck stuff), but dude could legit get down in the ring

Edited by Mr. Sinister

This if for Gallen more than anyone.

A few weeks ago, Roddy Piper had Greg Valentine on his podcast, and it was remarkably good - considering how much Piper rambles and how quiet Valentine always seemed. As an old-school Crockett guy, you'll love the stories about Johnny Valentine and the dog collar match at Starrcade. Of course, they claim to have invented both pay per views and hardcore wrestling with that match (which is an incredible stretch), but it's fun regardless.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyESYSHb0mc#t=1139

Kevin Steen/Owens vs. Jerry Lawler from last summer.  Lawler took a bigger backdrop than the much younger Steen. And that's a pretty big bump for a 65 year old to take.

It's funny that during Lawler's career he was always looked at as a smaller wrestler. Now he's about the same size as Steen who is considered one of the bigger wrestlers. Times have changed.

Some photos from a wrestling meet and greet in NJ from last weekend. 

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/Microgalleries/LegendsOfTheRingJune2015/?&pic=40

Few thoughts, Molly Holly and Kimberly Page still look stunning and gorgeous.

Rob Conway looks phenomenal.

Sabu is looking more and more like the Original Sheik every year.

Raven and Rocky Johnson look like hell.

Would've never had recognized Magnum TA and Bart Gunn,.

It seems like no one aged out of wrestling better than JJ Dillon. He looks the same as we did in 1986.

Shane Douglas looks like a guy lucky to be alive, which he probably is.

Lex Luger....holy god........

But he may look better than Raven.....

Magnum TA actually doesn't look to bad all things considered. The fact that he raised Tully Blanchard's kids is one of the weirdest behind the scenes things I can ever imagine. Tully's daughter is beautiful....and looks just enough like Tully to be a little creepy.

Rocky Johnson looks like a 70 year old. Considering what most 70 year old wrestlers look like, he looks amazing.

I can't believe Baron Von Rashke is still alive. I thought he was 80 when he was still wrestling. (Every young wrestling fan had the one guy who made you say "This is Real!!" and the one guy who made you think "This Might All Be Fake." The Baron was the fakest wrestler ever for me. I never understand why this ancient looking, flabby dude who couldn't move was such a terror.)

No business stretches the definition of "legend" quite like pro wrestling.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

It seems like no one aged out of wrestling better than JJ Dillon. He looks the same as we did in 1986.

Shane Douglas looks like a guy lucky to be alive, which he probably is.

Lex Luger....holy god........

But he may look better than Raven.....

Magnum TA actually doesn't look to bad all things considered. The fact that he raised Tully Blanchard's kids is one of the weirdest behind the scenes things I can ever imagine. Tully's daughter is beautiful....and looks just enough like Tully to be a little creepy.

Rocky Johnson looks like a 70 year old. Considering what most 70 year old wrestlers look like, he looks amazing.

I can't believe Baron Von Rashke is still alive. I thought he was 80 when he was still wrestling. (Every young wrestling fan had the one guy who made you say "This is Real!!" and the one guy who made you think "This Might All Be Fake." The Baron was the fakest wrestler ever for me. I never understand why this ancient looking, flabby dude who couldn't move was such a terror.)

No business stretches the definition of "legend" quite like pro wrestling.

Jimmy Garvin doesn't look anything like he did in the 80's either and it is sad to see Lex go downhill like he did.

Sad to hear that " The Bull of the Wood, The American Dream, Big Dust" Dusty Rhodes has passed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4zLt5YctI

Is there a wrestler on the WWE roster today that could get the crowd that loud, hold up his hand, and get them that quiet? And this was when he was basically retired.....

Georgia Championship Wrestling on the Superstation is what made me a wrestling fan at age 7. Dusty was never a mainstay there; he still ruled Florida. But when he kept to the "Supa'station," the mood changed. Race would show up occasionally. Flair popped in. Piper became a national star there simply as a color commentator with Solie.

But Dusty was the one who always stood out. It's impossible to even explain how charismatic that dude was.

An obese Texan with a lisp who talked like a black dude was the biggest star in the world. The Bull o da woods if you weeeelllllll, daddy.

I'm sad.

• Like 2