Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

He was never great, but he was never so bad that you would get rid of him (he was than capable of being carried to great matches and looked like that).

Like I said, he spent fifteen years basically in the same exact spot. Secondary title holder/#2 heel/believe world champion at some point.

On the WWE round table that included Michael PS Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and a couple of other I forget, Hayes tells an interesting story about the Nikita/Lugar US Title match at the GAB 1987. He says, " We were all in the back thinking/talking about what a cluster**** of a match this is going to be. To all of our surprise, the match was really good." I think the panel was implying that Lugar wasn't quite as bad as some may think.

I agree. When I think of someone who can't work a lick, I always come back to Sid Vicious. I can't remember one good match he ever had.

On the WWE round table that included Michael PS Hayes, Jimmy Garvin and a couple of other I forget, Hayes tells an interesting story about the Nikita/Lugar US Title match at the GAB 1987. He says, " We were all in the back thinking/talking about what a cluster**** of a match this is going to be. To all of our surprise, the match was really good." I think the panel was implying that Lugar wasn't quite as bad as some may think.

I agree. When I think of someone who can't work a lick, I always come back to Sid Vicious. I can't remember one good match he ever had.

Flair had several paint by number matches that he did. The Flair versus overwhelming power wrestler was one of them. Luger was by far the best at this. Steamboat and Sting also always got great matches out of him. He and Bret had a great Nitro match that I remember.

Point being, if you wanted to put together a Best of Luger set, you could find at least a dozen excellent 4-star+  matches - plus all kinds of interesting character work.

Granted, these are top workers. But guys like Nash and Sid only had great matches with Shawn Michaels because Shawn would basically treat them like a parallel bar or something.

Nikita was nowhere nearly as good as Lex in the ring, but Nikita had an amazing look and unbeatable gimmick. Like I said, Hogan-Nikita at WM II would have set records.

By the way, it amazes me how open Michael Hayes is in critiquing in-ring work when that guy went years without wrestling because he was so terrible at it. I mean, he was really really bad in the ring. (Though Flair got a really great match out of a Babyface Hayes once. Watch it; it's bizarre).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Cena has now given two bumps pops this month to NXT wrestlers. How can anyone still hate the guy? Oh yeah..I know. Because it's the thing to do now. 

Have fun with your sriracha and skinny jeans, hipster WWE fans.

edit..has Cena become the go to mechanic for WWE? And can a mechanic also be a major star/belt holder?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Cena has now given two bumps pops this month to NXT wrestlers. How can anyone still hate the guy? Oh yeah..I know. Because it's the thing to do now. 

Have fun with your sriracha and skinny jeans, hipster WWE fans.

Didn't he go against Neville too?

This was my first time seeing Owens. The WWE made Owens look like a coward for refusing to challenge for the US championship against Cena. The way the match should have gone was the attack and then have Owens start the match. He instead needs a couple weeks to prepare instead. Once again this type of booking would not be accepted in North Carolina. Fans would have rioted with the championship match not taking place. When a Championship match is promised they better have it. The Promoters of Jim Crocket promotion for the Mid Atlantic Wrestling during the NWA and WCW days knew this.

Edited by Gallen5862

This was my first time seeing Owens. The WWE made Owens look like a coward for refusing to challenge for the US championship against Cena. The way the match should have gone was the attack and then have Owens start the match. He instead needs a couple weeks to prepare instead. Once again this type of booking would not be accepted in North Carolina. Fans would have rioted with the championship match not taking place. When a Championship match is promised they better have it. The Promoters of Jim Crocket promotion for the Mid Atlantic Wrestling during the NWA and WCW days knew this.

Fans behave the way they are trained to do.

Modern fans don't give a damn about titles.

Owens' gimmick in NXT is that he's a prize fighter. He doesn't fight on tv for free. He fights to put food on his family's table. Remember, he said he already had HIS prize & held up the NXT belt. His promo's, he'll even say he knows the Championship pays you more money.

You should start watching NXT as it's the closest you're going to get today to those Mid South/Mid Atlantic/NWA days style of booking/storytelling.

• Like 1

The state of announcing in wwe is really bad all around

No one is good

And honestly, that's probably my main gripe with wrestling, especially the WWE, right now. I think there have been moments that happened recently that have been ruined by the announcers.

When Seth Rollins cashed in at Wrestlemainia, they sold it like some straight up booty.

Watch NXT tonight

Sasha Banks defending against Becky Lynch was ****ing awesome.

Finn Baylor stole Gene Simmons bat wings. Think that's the first time since be ever heard a "Olease don't die" chant from a crowd.

Enzo & Big Cass are more over then the Caps & Wizards seasons.

Kevin Owens walking out in the Cena tshirt was something new. Even got the Cena sucks singalong chant going without him ever saying a word.

Also rumor is Destination America has cancelled TNA.

• Like 1

What TNA needs to do is forget about TV. Run their shows live on their website. Charge 4.99 a month for access. Kinda like NXT for half the price of Vince's network.

Boom. Gorilla Network

For 8.99 you get a monthly ppv added.

They move it from Florida to Philly or New York or Chicago. Take it to a real wrestling city like those & get a much better live crowd.

Announcers/commentators have not been good for probably 20 years.

I don't really watch often these days, but I rarely listen to them back in the day.

They need a new Roddy Piper type of person that is so good with the mic, that they can have their own segment.