Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

There's been periods of good commentary. I actually liked JBL's first stint; felt like a call back to the traditional old "heel" announcers like Heenan or even early King. Punk when he was rehabbing was EXCELLENT on commentary. Early days of heel Cole weren't bad though that got horrible with how long it drug out.

One good thing about NXT is it actually provides a place to potentially "develop" announcers as well.

Oh speaking of NXT

SAMOA F'N JOE

So glad to have him in the fold. Looked the best he's looked in years as well.

The end? Yeah, I mean everyone was mailing it in by then

He was great at getting angles over. Great

"As far as I'm concerned, Hulk Hogan can go straight to hell"

That was definitely his best work.

I was just never a fan. He had a decent voice and - before Bischoff neutered him - a great recollection of facts. But there was always something off about him. He never had any chemistry with anyone he worked with....except maybe David Crockett who was arguably the worst announcer in wrestling history.....or the best depending on what you like.

ok, so I just caught up on RAW from this Monday and I don't post in this forum often but I have been watching and following pro wrestling since 1984 so I know pretty much all about the industry and I am very impressed with the  insight and history a lot of the members post in this thread.   Back to RAW,  wrestling has pretty much been as I would say ""boring" and dragging along and while I do watch RAW its usually on DVR and I speed through it as I haven't been impressed with the WWE product in years.  Anyways, Monday night ignited my interest again with the whole Kevin Owens/Cena program.   That is how you make a debut!  Love Owens and hope they give him the ball and let him run with it.  He is believable, fresh, and has the "it" factor.   Honestly, the best segment I have seen on RAW in 10 years.   Props to Cena for putting Owens over.    

I thought Schiavone was a good announcer and I understand David Crockett wasn't the best, but I didn't think he was horrible. The guy you're all leaving out is the underrated Bob Caudle. He was a legend.

Back to TNA, that's one thing they're missing, a good announce team. It baffles me that after all these years they have yet to find the next JR or Schiavone. There has to be a golden voice out there somewhere.

Edited by DM72

At this point I think many of us would be very cool with NXT just taking over Smackdown. Either that or promote a large number of the NXT roster to main and go back to the RAW/Smackdown brand split. Way too much talent right now that is not being recognized properly despite 5 hours of WWE programming a week. 

Next thing you know, you guys will be telling me Coach was good.

Every guy was not a legend.

Lord Alfred was a legend.

Mean Gene as well.

Gorilla Monsoon in and out of the ring.

...Lord Alfred was...um...not great. Yeah he was before my time but whenever I watch old stuff, he was brutal. If you have the network, go watch WM 1 and see how bad he was.

JR is a legend and probably the GOAT.

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Destination America just picked up ROH

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/breaking-news-roh-coming-to-destination-america

Destination America announced today that it has signed a national broadcast deal with professional wrestling league RING OF HONOR, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., bringing one of the most respected wrestling organizations to the only network dedicated to all-American entertainment. Destination America is now the one-two-punch to professional wrestling, adding RING OF HONOR (ROH) to its line-up after launching IMPACT WRESTLING in early 2015. RING OF HONOR has been delivering top wrestling matches for ten years with captivating hard-hitting stars such as Jay & Mark Briscoe, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks, Maria Kanellis, Adam Cole and Jay Lethal. Destination America will pack on the action beginning Wednesday June 3 with the series premiere of RING OF HONOR at 8/7c leading into brand new premieres of IMPACT WRESTLING at 9/8c.

“With the electric and intense matches that RING OF HONOR provides, Destination America is the network for fans to get an entire evening of jaw-dropping entertainment on Wednesday nights,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “RING OF HONOR showcases tenacity, athleticism and passion and it serves as the place where America’s favorite wrestling stars are born.”

“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,” commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer – Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing. ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.”

RING OF HONOR will premiere on Wednesday, June 3 leading into IMPACT WRESTLING, making Destination America the home for wrestling every Wednesday evening. The first match will feature the Briscoe Brothers, Mark and Jay, as they face off with the House of Truth in the main event. Also catch athletes of New Japan Pro Wrestling battle it out with the RING OF HONOR stars and follow former NFL lineman Moose compete against BJ Whitmer.