Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

WWE actually signed Samoa Joe?

I'm shocked.

Yeah, they actually signed him a few weeks ago. That should be interesting to say the least. I assume he is going to start in NXT, and apparently he will debut sometime in June. I just know that I would definitely be on board with a Samoa Joe-Kevin Owens match. 

Yeah, they actually signed him a few weeks ago. That should be interesting to say the least. I assume he is going to start in NXT, and apparently he will debut sometime in June. I just know that I would definitely be on board with a Samoa Joe-Kevin Owens match.

Wow, WWE's roster is loaded

Joe should have been in the WWE years ago IMO. I heard he turned down the Umaga gimmick

I don't think any matches of Verne in his prime exist. There's a fair amount of stuff of old Verne making one-shot appearances in the 80s. The AWA was like a retirement home by the late 80s, and I can't say I was ever a fan of it. (Though, like I said recently, you can do far worse than go down a Nick Bockwinkle rabbit hole on youtube).

The guys who either got their start or re-invented themselves under Verne is staggering. The fact that he trained Flair, let Hulk-a-mania become a thing, and basically gave Shawn Michaels is first exposure is amazing.

WrestleMania 3 happened because all Andre had to do was stand beside Bobby Heenan to become the biggest heel in history. Jesse Ventura is the guy that leaked the fact that Andre was mad at Hogan. The interviews (aside from the Piper Pit moments) were conducted by Gene Okerlund. Jesse Ventura was the color commentator for the match. Everyone involved - aside from Andre - owed a large part of their success to Verne.

Meanwhile, in the NWA, Dusty and Flair were main eventing on a yearly basis. Both got their start with Verne. (Though both were radically different in the AWA).

(I totally forgot the part that the Monday Night Wars never happen if Verne doesn't give Eric Bischoff is first job in wrestling).

He had an incredibly broad eye for talent and then put that talent within an incredibly narrow vision.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

He co-founded Resistance Pro in Chicago with some guys a few years ago. Don't know anything about it but he is a huge wrestling fan so I guess he's got that going for him.

I do find it funny he used the transgender idea as a socially conscious storyline since his past with the one transgendered guitar tech.

http://www.queerty.com/smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-calls-transwoman-a-heshe-and-an-ugly-pig-20110901

Edited by Big Weirdo

Sports Illustrated did a riveting story on the big April 1995 New Japan Pro Wrestling/WCW trip to North Korea that had record setting attendance.

I've heard most of the stories before but this is a good read for folks that have never heard about the two day event. Since I've always been fascinated by North Korea it was cool reading this.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/04/27/muhammad-ali-ric-flair-oral-history-pro-wrestling-north-korea

Edited by LeesburgSkinFan

Started watching last nights TNA Hard Justice. Dear lord the in ring announcing/commentary by Josh Mathews & Al Snow is HORRIBLE. Like they're reading from a TelePrompTer for the first time bad.