Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Seth Rollins made himself look like a weak champion. 'I can't defend my title because of Jetlag and a hurt foot' Then when Lesnar gets suspended it;s I am ready for a six man tag team match.

I think that was the point. He plays the sneaky, punk-ass, "opportunist" heel role well. 

As a sidenote, I love J&J security haha. Those dudes just consistently get their asses handed to them. They're like the 3 (2?) Stooges of wrestling.

Rollins doesn't make a good champ imo. It's just not believable to me. He has no charisma, natural confidence or charm and looks weak.

It does work because....

I think that was the point. He plays the sneaky, punk-ass, "opportunist" heel role well.

The WWE has been missing a hell like Rollins since Kurt Angle imo. They need a shaky, conveying, son of a you know what that can go on the mic and the ring. He has Edge 2006 heat on him right now.

RAW started off so good for the first 2:40 minutes, and they completely bombed the ending. That's not how you end a post-wrestlenania RAW. You gotta end it with a bang. Oh well... That Brock segment will have people talking for sure.

Is it wrong that I laughed when he F5ed Michael Cole? Lol

Edited by MLSKINS

Brock is literally the best thing going on WWE in the last 12-13 years or so (from the moment Rock and Austin left until now). Everything he does is gold.

Sheamus looks like a douche now. I like it for a heel.

Why did they put Reigns in that situation? For someone they're trying to push they seem like they're really attempting to destroy any cred he may have gotten. Just a bad spot in a match with Show, Kane and Ryback in it.

The IC title and US title do feel much more relevant.

I like the way Rollins is booked. It's perfect. Though I wish they used the IC title to push guys up the card still. Him having the WWE title doesn't feel right, even though I like him and firmly believe he'll be a good champion. But guys like Rock, Austin, Trips, and HBK all held the IC title first, and Rollins reminds me of HBK in terms of his ascension.

The Lucha Dragons were more over than they ever were in NXT. Neville had a strong debut. How long until Balor debuts? I'd bet Owens stays for at least a bit longer... But Balor's main roster debut is imminent.

I didn't know the ball could be dropped SO badly on Sting, but they managed to do it. And not a single word about Taker and Wyatt.

It does work because....

The WWE has been missing a hell like Rollins since Kurt Angle imo. They need a shaky, conveying, son of a you know what that can go on the mic and the ring. He has Edge 2006 heat on him right now.

RAW started off so good for the first 2:40 minutes, and they completely bombed the ending. That's not how you end a post-wrestlenania RAW. You gotta end it with a bang. Oh well... That Brock segment will have people talking for sure.

Is it wrong that I laughed when he F5ed Michael Cole? Lol

Nope Cuz Michael Cole sucks

• Like 1

Brock is literally the best thing going on WWE in the last 12-13 years or so (from the moment Rock and Austin left until now). Everything he does is gold.

Sheamus looks like a douche now. I like it for a heel.

Why did they put Reigns in that situation? For someone they're trying to push they seem like they're really attempting to destroy any cred he may have gotten. Just a bad spot in a match with Show, Kane and Ryback in it.

The IC title and US title do feel much more relevant.

I like the way Rollins is booked. It's perfect. Though I wish they used the IC title to push guys up the card still. Him having the WWE title doesn't feel right, even though I like him and firmly believe he'll be a good champion. But guys like Rock, Austin, Trips, and HBK all held the IC title first, and Rollins reminds me of HBK in terms of his ascension.

The Lucha Dragons were more over than they ever were in NXT. Neville had a strong debut. How long until Balor debuts? I'd bet Owens stays for at least a bit longer... But Balor's main roster debut is imminent.

I didn't know the ball could be dropped SO badly on Sting, but they managed to do it. And not a single word about Taker and Wyatt.

I don't gauge anyone's overness on the after Mania RAW just because the crowd is so insanely hardcore. But the Lucha Dragons are definitely gonna get over with the Lucha chant and Hunico (as Sin Cara) and Kalisto are just sick in the ring.

Also what is with dropping people's first names? Neville? It sucks. I do love that they gave him a cape. There were reports Vince wanted him to be like Mighty Mouse so looks like they had to compromise.

By the way speaking of the crowd did anyone hear their "We are awesome" chant? That was so lame.

Nope Cuz Michael Cole sucks

My respect for Cole went way up with that F5. That was sick. I was also legitimately stunned when Lesnar pushed the announce table over because it came out of nowhere.

And Cole isn't that bad. He's way better when he can call the match and has the right teammate. He and Tazz were alright and he and JBL could be okay but they insist on the 3 man team and then they constantly plug everything but the match.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Seth Rollins made himself look like a weak champion. 'I can't defend my title because of Jetlag and a hurt foot' Then when Lesnar gets suspended it;s I am ready for a six man tag team match.

RV is right.  Did you hate Ric Flair too?  Because the whole begging off, running away, ****ing to the ref, thumb to the eye, brass knucks in the trunks thing were all staples of Ric Flair's time on top.

Flair came to mind for me as well in regards to Rollins. Several shared traits. I think Rollins can make a terrific heel champion. Question for you guys. I'm just getting back into pro wrestling after a VERY long break. What is the deal with Cena? He's always been a face right? And I kind of gathered he's been on of the stars and face of the WWE for the last decade. Yet at many arenas he gets booed and jeered like a heel. What's the story there?

Flair came to mind for me as well in regards to Rollins. Several shared traits. I think Rollins can make a terrific heel champion. Question for you guys. I'm just getting back into pro wrestling after a VERY long break. What is the deal with Cena? He's always been a face right? And I kind of gathered he's been on of the stars and face of the WWE for the last decade. Yet at many arenas he gets booed and jeered like a heel. What's the story there?

People are tired of him.  It's fun to boo him.  It's been the same ole Super Cena, never give up, kids love me stuff for the past decade.  Honestly, a heal turn would be the best for the fans.  But no way they will do that cause he is their money maker for little kids.  

He always overcomes, with the exception of fighting Brock.  But even at Night of Champions, he lost due to Seth Rollins interference.  It gets old.  Granted, him beating Rusev for the US Title makes sense with his current gimmick.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Ric Flair was known for legendary matchs. Ric Flair could at least compete and would defend his title.Ric Flair didn't say I can't compete tonight because scared of an opponent and then when the opponent was suspended say ok now I can compete.. Ric Flair had the horsemen beat up imtimidate etc his opponents. Ric Flair was the dirtest player in the game plus the 60 minute man. he was the nature Boy Styling and profiling.  It would have been heel behavior to get disqualified during the match to keep the Title. Seth Rollins as Mr money in the Bank could pick his opportuntity to win the title. Once he won the title he needed to step up and at least start the match.Seth Rollins comes off as I am to scared to compete unless I get to have the advantage of competing in a handicap match or I get security involved in everymatch. 

Edited by Gallen5862

Ric Flair was known for legendary matchs. Ric Flair could at least compete and would defend his title.Ric Flair didn't say I can't compete tonight because scared of an opponent and then when the opponent was suspended say ok now I can compete.. Ric Flair had the horsemen beat up imtimidate etc his opponents. Ric Flair was the dirtest player in the game plus the 60 minute man. he was the nature Boy Styling and profiling.  It would have been heel behavior to get disqualified during the match to keep the Title. Seth Rollins as Mr money in the Bank could pick his opportuntity to win the title. Once he won the title he needed to step up and at least start the match.Seth Rollins comes off as I am to scared to compete unless I get to have the advantage of competing in a handicap match or I get security involved in everymatch. 

That's because that is Seth Rollins gimmick.  And it pisses off the fans, which should cause he's a heal.  Besides, with Lesnar still being part time and not owning the title, most likely they needed an excuse for him to go away for a 2-3 months, thus the "suspension".  

It's clear that their plans for Lesnar are not short-term right now.  They could have started the match, Rollins could have jumped out and gotten counted out and the title not change hands, but that is not his gimmick.  It made more sense for him to jump ship before a match, piss off Lesnar enough to wreck innocent bystanders (announce table, cole, camera man).  

• Like 1

I don't care about his gimmick. I get the heel tactics and all that. I just don't think he's a good or believable champ.

Which I guess works too as it just becomes a matter of how long can he avoid getting his ass kicked.

I just didn't feel anything for a newly crowned first time champ. Think back to others taking the title and how they appeared and felt. It's just different. I don't know, hard to explain I guess.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

So, am I to assume TSF got the banhammer?  Shame that he couldn't just come out and admit he was wrong or at least be civil about being obstinant. I guess the internet is "really serious stuff" for some folks.  It's actually kind of hilarious when you think about it.  He was banned arguing over wrestling (scripted), when it would have been better to at least get banned arguing in the RG3 thread. Whatever man. 

I watched the end of the show last night while watching the end of the MD women's game.  Like you guys, it was a weird ending last nigth. 

Oh, and I was going crazy watching my girl AJ get "bent up" in her match.  She's so "bendy" it was driving me crazy. :wub:

I don't care about his gimmick. I get the heel tactics and all that. I just don't think he's a good or believable champ.

Which I guess works too as it just becomes a matter of how long can he avoid getting his ass kicked.

I just didn't feel anything for a newly crowned first time champ. Think back to others taking the title and how they appeared and felt. It's just different. I don't know, hard to explain I guess.

Nah, despite what I said, I know what you mean. It feels forced.

So, am I to assume TSF got the banhammer?  Shame that he couldn't just come out and admit he was wrong or at least be civil about being obstinant. I guess the internet is "really serious stuff" for some folks.  It's actually kind of hilarious when you think about it.  He was banned arguing over wrestling (scripted), when it would have been better to at least get banned arguing in the RG3 thread. Whatever man. 

I watched the end of the show last night while watching the end of the MD women's game.  Like you guys, it was a weird ending last nigth. 

Oh, and I was going crazy watching my girl AJ get "bent up" in her match.  She's so "bendy" it was driving me crazy. :wub:

Yep, he basically threatened Sinister cause Sin said he didn't like him.  Then he went at Matt when he kindly posted that he should edit his post to avoid a ban.  Actin like a fool, talking smack and threatening someone over wrestling........LMFAO!  

You couldn't make this **** up if you tried.

That's because that is Seth Rollins gimmick. And it pisses off the fans, which should cause he's a heal. Besides, with Lesnar still being part time and not owning the title, most likely they needed an excuse for him to go away for a 2-3 months, thus the "suspension".

It's clear that their plans for Lesnar are not short-term right now. They could have started the match, Rollins could have jumped out and gotten counted out and the title not change hands, but that is not his gimmick. It made more sense for him to jump ship before a match, piss off Lesnar enough to wreck innocent bystanders (announce table, cole, camera man).

I have to admit. I was a little bit letdown. Everybody was all ready to see a title match and Rollins pulls that? How am I supposed to take a world champion like that serious? TNA pulled the same thing with Bobby Roode and it made his title run a joke. That's what Rollins going to be, a joke champion.

Pissing people off doesn't necessarily make you a great heel.

Edited by DM72

I have to admit. I was a little bit letdown. Everybody was all ready to see a title match and Rollins pulls that? How am I supposed to take a world champion like that serious? TNA pulled the same thing with Bobby Roode and it made his title run a joke. That's what Rollins going to be, a joke champion.

Pissing people off doesn't necessarily make you a great heel.

That's sort of what the Money in the Bank briefcase entails though... Seth utilized it perfectly. I don't think he'll be a joke champion, solely for the fact that he is actually good in the ring. I'd like to see some more legit wins without J&J though...

Winning it as Money in the Bank is fine and expected. I'ts the fact that as a Champion he looks weak and appears to be a joke. Randy Orton is still owed a rematch clause title shot. The Rock also still has a rematch clause left as does Brock. cena as United Sttes Champion and Daniel Bryan as Intercontinental Champion are also in the mix. At some point Seth Rollins has to stand up and compete.

It would be great if Sting went after Seth Rollins as a way to get back at the Authority.

Edited by Gallen5862

That's sort of what the Money in the Bank briefcase entails though... Seth utilized it perfectly. I don't think he'll be a joke champion, solely for the fact that he is actually good in the ring. I'd like to see some more legit wins without J&J though...

Exactly.  A one year contract to cash in any time, any place, any where. 

RVD is the only one I know of that didn't cash it in after someone was beaten or beat down.  Rollins is very good in the ring.  

It would be great if Sting went after Seth Rollins as a way to get back at the Authority.

Sting holding the belt would be the worst angle they could take right now.  They had their chance to let him win at WM31 and blew it.  

Sting shouldn't be anywhere near the WWE title. Not even close to it. For that matter, neither should Rock again (at least until he's around as often as Brock is). And I'm a huge Sting mark and an even bigger Rock mark.

I like the way Rollins is being booked. He KNOWS he can't beat Brock (writing and real life hahah) so he avoids him like the plague. He won't do that with other guys. He's terrified of him. 

I don't get why people try to pigeon hole wrestlers... All champions have to be fighting champions! All WWE champions have to be great technical wrestlers! I've heard that kind of thing before and I don't understand it. Wrestling is a place where David can beat Goliath. It's a place where you can have two guys who are excellent story tellers and mediocre wrestlers put on a clinic or two mat technicians bore the piss out of an entire audience. 

A world champion doesn't need to be a great wrestler. But, at times, the great wrestlers should hold the title as well. A world champion also shouldn't need to be a guy that always stands up and fights every challenger. Having a guy who runs for his life against the Beast is a fun storyline. 

Don't Taze, Sandow cashed in on a 100% John Cena, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1