Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

32 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i figure insignificance works in my favor, but sometimes after making yet another my many "dan is a piece of **** as an owner" posts over the years that i'm gonna get cut someday

but i won't go to another team, i'll just freelance

that's how i handled marriage too :P

I saw that. You dont have to answer this, but does that mean anyone high up in the front office is actually reading the site?  You dont have to answer that, but my feelings based on their actions over the years was "no".  I feel like they've turned us out and jus insist they know what's best for us, which was the opposite of what I was hoping for when they bought the site.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I saw that. You dont have to answer this, but does that mean anyone high up in the front office is actually reading the site?  You dont have to answer that, but my feelings based on their actions over the years was "no".  I feel like they've turned us out and jus insist they know what's best for us, which was the opposite of what I was hoping for when they bought the site.

yeah, not likely the top guys, but words gets around of course

to the best of my info, if not anyone in the top 20, at least some people attached to folks at that level of the org read the site, frequency unknown to me

and at least one sort of keeps tabs on it, though via TK mostly i'd assume---they also get "consumer" blowback that has on rare occasion prompted some "management"contact, but for a long time TK has made himself the buffer there so we other mods don't deal with it which is good...overall, this is a backwater low priority item for the upper tier, which i wouldn't think is all that unusual 

@TK in case he would like to offer a  more informed comment

27 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Emily Blunt making roast chicken with The Barefoot Contessa

Link or pics, or it didn't happen...

58 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i figure insignificance works in my favor, but sometimes after making yet another my many "dan is a piece of **** as an owner" posts over the years that i'm gonna get cut someday

Does this mean I am in trouble for revealing Bruce Allen's preference for sheep?  I know he likes to claim it only happened because he was drunk on Coor's Light...

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Link or pics, or it didn't happen...

Does this mean I am in trouble for revealing Bruce Allen's preference for sheep?  I know he likes to claim it only happened because he was drunk on Coor's Light...

Is this true? I never liked Bruce to begin with but that’s a whole different level of depravity. I mean... Coors light? 🤢 

If a tenant is burning incense, and I don't like it, I can tell her to stop right?  She is renting a room in my house.  When I first let her move in I said it would be okay occasionally, but now the smell irritates the hell out of me.  I also read it can damage the walls of the room.

I brought it up right now, I said, "I'm sorry but I think I am going to have to ban incense.  I came home the other night and it smelled really strong."  I mentioned how incense can damage lungs and ruin walls of the room.  She was like, "oh I'll change brands, I'll get a lighter and milder one.  I only burn it once or twice a week."  I was like uhhh okay, we'll give it a shot.  I don't want to have to repeat myself.

20 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

If a tenant is burning incense, and I don't like it, I can tell her to stop right?  She is renting a room in my house.  When I first let her move in I said it would be okay occasionally, but now the smell irritates the hell out of me.  I also read it can damage the walls of the room.

I brought it up right now, I said, "I'm sorry but I think I am going to have to ban incense.  I came home the other night and it smelled really strong."  I mentioned how incense can damage lungs and ruin walls of the room.  She was like, "oh I'll change brands, I'll get a lighter and milder one.  I only burn it once or twice a week."  I was like uhhh okay, we'll give it a shot.  I don't want to have to repeat myself.

You may have a point, but is it in the lease?  I'm not you, but I know my parents cant stand charcoal incense and they have different higher quality types theyve used for years.  I'm not sure about "damaging walls", you mean like stain it like cigarettes can over time? That takes years, how long you plan to have her in that room? 

Is she closing her door when she lights them? A higher quality and shutting the door may help, if you have asthma or a breathing disorder she's jus going to have to deal with you banning it, but to keep the peace I wouldnt go that route unless that was the case or it was truly neccesary. 

Theres a difference between a bad roommate and a bad fit.

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You may have a point, but is it in the lease?  I'm not you, but I know my parents cant stand charcoal incense and they have different higher quality types theyve used for years.  I'm not sure about "damaging walls", you mean like stain it like cigarettes can over time? That takes years, how long you plan to have her in that room? 

Is she closing her door when she lights them? A higher quality and shutting the door may help, if you have asthma or a breathing disorder she's jus going to have to deal with you banning it, but to keep the peace I wouldnt go that route unless that was the case or it was truly neccesary. 

Theres a difference between a bad roommate and a bad fit.

In the lease I stated, "no smoking in the house."  I think that qualifies.  I orally stated to her that incense would be okay occasionally, but I would prefer not.  I guess that is my fault for being ambiguous.  Yeah, I meant stain the walls.  I read that it would have to be burnt near the walls.  The residue from the soot adheres to the walls.  She closes the door.

She has only been here a month, this is going into her second month.  She is quiet and keeps to herself.  She is clean.  Doesn't have many people over at all.  She's a good fit.  I knew her from a previous job.  She is cute too, not that it matters cuz I don't plan on boning her and making things awkward/horrible.  She uses a lot of water, I know my utilities are gonna be super high.  She also cooks a lot and uses the gas stove.  I am sort of undercharging her I realized, her room came with a bed and sheets in it which she uses and she has her own bathroom.  If she is still here in January I am going to raise the rent $60 a month (I wrote that in the lease, that I could raise rent come 1/1/20).  All utilities are included in the rent (internet, water, power, gas, cable).

This is the first person I have ever rented a room to, so I guess I'm learning as I go along.  Nice to have some extra cash though that's for sure.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

In the lease I stated, "no smoking in the house."  I think that qualifies.  I orally stated to her that incense would be okay occasionally, but I would prefer not.  I guess that is my fault for being ambiguous.  Yeah, I meant stain the walls.  I read that it would have to be burnt near the walls.  The residue from the soot adheres to the walls.  She closes the door.

She has only been here a month, this is going into her second month.  She is quiet and keeps to herself.  She is clean.  Doesn't have many people over at all.  She's a good fit.  I knew her from a previous job.  She is cute too, not that it matters cuz I don't plan on boning her and making things awkward/horrible.  She uses a lot of water, I know my utilities are gonna be super high.  She also cooks a lot and uses the gas stove.  I am sort of undercharging her I realized, her room came with a bed and sheets in it which she uses and she has her own bathroom.  If she is still here in January I am going to raise the rent $60 a month (I wrote that in the lease, that I could raise rent come 1/1/20).  All utilities are included in the rent (internet, water, power, gas, cable).

This is the first person I have ever rented a room to, so I guess I'm learning as I go along.  Nice to have some extra cash though that's for sure.

EDIT:  NM, you said she's cute.  But apparently not cute enough.

Its Shark Week, so found this episode on demand I feel asleep on about Makos in Cali.  Listening to one of the guys talk about how beautiful they are and need to protect them, I'm 1000% sure the Makos dont give a single damn and would violate his right to life without much second guessing themselves.  Am I the only one who finds that ironic?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Its Shark Week, so found this episode on demand I feel asleep on about Makos in Cali.  Listening to one of the guys talk about how beautiful they are and need to protect them, I'm 1000% sure the Makos dont give a single damn and would violate his right to life without much second guessing themselves.  Am I the only one who finds that ironic?

Nope.  And it's cool if he finds them aesthetically pleasing but really, how often are you gonna dive and go look at them?

I think I said a few weeks ago that I find the whole "Well if sharks attack people, they probably thought it was a seal or something."  Bull****.  You mean to tell me a human doesn't taste good to them?  Are they picky eaters?  Are they gonna be upset that they got a human instead?  Hell no they're not.  I mean if fat is where the flavor is, seals are probably primo.  But if you get some lardass from Wisconsin who's grown up on cheese and brats and is at the beach for the first time, that's gotta be pretty good eating, too.  

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nope.  And it's cool if he finds them aesthetically pleasing but really, how often are you gonna dive and go look at them?

I think I said a few weeks ago that I find the whole "Well if sharks attack people, they probably thought it was a seal or something."  Bull****.  You mean to tell me a human doesn't taste good to them?  Are they picky eaters?  Are they gonna be upset that they got a human instead?  Hell no they're not.  I mean if fat is where the flavor is, seals are probably primo.  But if you get some lardass from Wisconsin who's grown up on cheese and brats and is at the beach for the first time, that's gotta be pretty good eating, too.  

Funny you say that, I've heard they dont like how salty we are, but truth is they jus dont like that most of the ones actually surfing and stuff arent fatty enough for them.  It's usually curiosity or desperation why they bite us, absolutely know its us because they attack us differently then any other animal, and I agree, if my 600 pound life was taking surf lessons that would change things.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Funny you say that, I've heard they dont like how salty we are, but truth is they jus dont like that most of the ones actually surfing and stuff arent fatty enough for them.  It's usually curiosity or desperation why they bite us, absolutely know its us because they attack us differently then any other animal, and I agree, if my 600 pound life was taking surf lessons that would change things.

I didn't know they attacked us differently than other animals.  Still doesn't make me feel better about them.  It's obvious what they're doing, trying samples at the buffet line until they get something they want.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't know they attacked us differently than other animals.  Still doesn't make me feel better about them.  It's obvious what they're doing, trying samples at the buffet line until they get something they want.

Ya, literally just read that. 

Because they know we arent seals, they dont feel the need to ambush us, which is why even when great whites bite us it's never a breach attack, they know we cant outswim them even if we saw them (or at minimum assume that). 

"This boney ass fake fish lookin bamma, the hell they doing out here?"

Which leads to the next weird observation and realization, they are actually kinda scared of us from a prey standpoint.  They dont know what we are or know we can fight back, which they dont like.  Typically if they bite something they arent sure will put up a fight, they bite and wait for it to bleed out to stay safe.

Any of y'all see Champ Bailey whining about nobody from the Redskins calling to congratulate him on his HOF induction?  I'm not sure why he's so bitter, isn't the story pretty that his wife pretty much forced him out of Washington due to him having an affair? I like Champ, but give it a rest, my dude. Things worked out well for you!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/02/champ-bailey-no-one-from-washington-called-until-three-days-ago/

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Any of y'all see Champ Bailey whining about nobody from the Redskins calling to congratulate him on his HOF induction?  I'm not sure why he's so bitter, isn't the story pretty that his wife pretty much forced him out of Washington due to him having an affair? I like Champ, but give it a rest, my dude. Things worked out well for you!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/02/champ-bailey-no-one-from-washington-called-until-three-days-ago/

**** that dude.  

Me and my crew saw him outside of DC Live night club maybe summer 2000.  He was walking by himself and we were a few blocks from the club so there was nobody else around.  My man G was like "what up, Champ!" and threw his hands up all friendly.  Champ gave us the "negro please" face and walked right past us.  

We should've jumped his bamma ass.  

Archived