Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

54 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is lithium anything like valium?  I both like and hate the affects of the latter.  Always keeping my eyes out for something better.

I couldn't imagine being you.Prayers always,  Chief. 

What's your countdown? (with the wakeup, lol)

39 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Taught my first law school class tonight as a guest lecturer. I was in that same class 5 1/2 years ago. 

Surreal. 

I'd love a rundown. I'm shutting down soon, but I love this stuff. I know you're busy, but maybe a quick PM ? 

Why does everyone take Shnopes like they are gospel ? What the makes them so holy and perfect ?

What have they done to gain everyone's undying loyalty and trust ??? Have you ever met them, befriended them, and had them earn your undying loyalty ?

Do people even know who is behind writing bull Snoops "investigations" ?

No, don't just g00gle it to find out who is behind Shnopes, because then the question becomes, who is behind "G00GLE" ? Perhaps, the same people behind Shnopes ?

Has anyone ever fact-checked Snopes ? Or do you just take them at their word, just because everyone else does ?

Why do everything just because everyone else does ?

Before just blindly buying into agendas, people oughta find out what their "interests" are, if you want what's truly in your own best interests.

Just because somebody says somebody can be trusted or somebody cannot be trusted, you just take them at their word ?

Seriously . Who the **** is Snopes ? Besides a name that resembles some fictionary cartoon dog character in a Charlie Brown cartoon ?

So in summary, their name resembles a cartoon dog character, and the word Snoop, which is basically someone you cannot trust.

Hello ? Does anyone see the warning signals and red flags ? Start with learning to think for yourself. Do you really want to die, believing in Shnopes as the authority on truth ?

/END 

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nothing sells like sex.

Only MAYBE Apple products.

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Folks forget that Kim Kardashian was first known as one of Paris Hilton's best friends. She was already well known in Hollywood circles. 

And what made Paris Hilton globally famous c. 2003 and not just in socialite circles? 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why does everyone take Shnopes like they are gospel ? What the makes them so holy and perfect ?

What have they done to gain everyone's undying loyalty and trust ??? Have you ever met them, befriended them, and had them earn your undying loyalty ?

No, don't just g00gle it to find out who is behind Shnopes, because then the question becomes, who is behind "G00GLE" ? Perhaps, the same people behind Shnopes ?

Has anyone ever fact-checked Snopes ? Or do you just take them at their word, just because everyone else does ?

Before just blindly buying into agendas, people oughta find out what their "interests" are, if you want what's truly in your own best interests.

Just because somebody says somebody can be trusted or somebody cannot be trusted, you just take them at their word ?

Seriously . Who the **** is Snopes ? Besides a name that resembles some fictionary cartoon dog character in a Charlie Brown cartoon ?

So in summary, their name resembles a cartoon dog character, and the word Snoop, which is basically someone you cannot trust.

Hello ? Does anyone see the warning signals and red flags ? Start with learning to think for yourself. Do you really want to die, believing in Shnopes as the authority on truth ?

/END

It’s a valid question but Snopes puts their sources and reasoning right on the page. Yeah, you still got to go verify their sources at least you’re not in the dark. 

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Taught my first law school class tonight as a guest lecturer. I was in that same class 5 1/2 years ago. 

Surreal. 

Wait until they invite you to an advisory board.  I remember going to my first one as a student to take notes for our IT club newsletter.  Few years later I ask why our suggestions aren't being written down so we can follow up on them.

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

/END 

This is what happens when you binge on Alex Jones podcasts.  

Might be be time for an intervention, RTT.

11 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'd love a rundown. I'm shutting down soon, but I love this stuff. I know you're busy, but maybe a quick PM ? 

So I guess it is a somewhat interesting story.  Before law school i was in the mortgage business for about 7 years.  That crapped out in 2008, my mortgage company failed and I lost my job, so I went to law school.  As it turns out, the named partner of arguably the top law firm for mortgage law in the country and another partner at the firm started teaching a class on consumer financial services (which includes mortgages) during my last year.  So i took the class and it became very clear to them that I knew my stuff like way better than any student should, so they hired me.  I've been at their firm for almost 6 years now.  Their class has several sessions on mortgage law, so they invited me to come in, teach one of the sessions, and talk to the student about my experience going from their chair to where I am now.  It was a lot of fun.  

I had a bad night last night that upset me. So, sorry, that's why I'm grumpy today. Got a citation for speeding and I'm 100% certain that I was not.

I have several reasons for being convinced of it, but it's probably not considered "evidence" by traffic court. So it may or may not be worth fighting in court.

On top of that, he pressures me to search my car.

For no reason at all, whatsoever.

I consented, because the alternative of declining didn't seem like a good prospect.

So for 10 minutes he tore apart my car needlessly, as I humiliatingly had to stand and watch in the frigid cold.

****ed up night.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I had a bad night last night that upset me. Got a citation for speeding and I'm 100% certain that I was not.

I have several reasons for being convinced of it, but it's probably not considered "evidence" by traffic court. So it may or may not be worth fighting in court.

I consented, because the alternative of declining didn't seem like a good prospect.

So for 10 minutes he tore apart my car needlessly, as I humiliatingly had to stand and watch.

****ed up night.

Sorry. Yeah that sucks when law enforcement leans on you. 

Not sure what I would do differently. Definitely, not in the mood to be on the wrong end of a police brutality case. Also, if you rat them out after the fact they are good about acts of retribution. 

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I had a bad night last night that upset me. Which is why I'm grumpy today. Got a citation for speeding and I'm 100% certain that I was not.

So for 10 minutes he tore apart my car needlessly, as I humiliatingly had to stand and watch.

****ed up night.

Maybe not fighting in court, but depending on your jurisdiction the police may have a process through which you can lodge a complaint.  

It probably won't end up with any kind of satisfactory conclusion, but I know I would feel better getting it on record.  And who knows, it might give that officer enough of a headache that he'll think twice before asking to search a car without cause.  

In any event, sorry you had to go through that ****.  

Thinking of everyone today...  Mostly having a bad day thinking about Blake...  Got a card in the mail from the JD Gibbs foundation because I donated to his cause.  Made me realize that I didn't do that for a lot of people that we've lost...  In the what? 15 years we've known each other...  I can't really repay you all for how much you helped me grow as a person.  Everyone before the redesign shaped me in a way that made me become who I am...  My grammar, my syntax, me being a sucker for diction... 

9 minutes ago, IONTOP said:

Thinking of everyone today...  Mostly having a bad day thinking about Blake...  Got a card in the mail from the JD Gibbs foundation because I donated to his cause.  Made me realize that I didn't do that for a lot of people that we've lost...  In the what? 15 years we've known each other...  I can't really repay you all for how much you helped me grow as a person.  Everyone before the redesign shaped me in a way that made me become who I am...  My grammar, my syntax, me being a sucker for diction... 

Yooooooo, whatup, ION. Good to see you again, homie. RTT hasn't quite been the same without you.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

****ed up night.

You always decline in this situation - even if you have nothing in there or anything to hide. Always. They'll threaten you with a dog, whatever....you still say no

Archived