Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I read today that Victorias Secret as well as other retailers were shutting stores down. It sad what happening to retail these days. I went to Landmark Mall a few years ago. It was so empty. There was nothing there but a Sears keeping that place open. I won't forget that day as I went in, grabbed a TV, paid for it, and wheeled that thing out in a cart through hordes of abandoned stores. Very sad. 

@Springfieldtalked about the old Springfield Mall which was going to end up like that but got revitalized. I'm curious how many malls start looking decrepit with all them retail stores collapsing. 

Yeah Springfield Mall got revitalized but it’s origins plan got destroyed with the housing crash.  It was supposed to be open air, like a town center, but with apartments up high.  It’s redesigned, and nicer, but the original redesign was much more ambitious.

i think they should turn Landmark Mall into homeless housing.

18 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I read today that Victorias Secret as well as other retailers were shutting stores down. It sad what happening to retail these days. I went to Landmark Mall a few years ago. It was so empty. There was nothing there but a Sears keeping that place open. I won't forget that day as I went in, grabbed a TV, paid for it, and wheeled that thing out in a cart through hordes of abandoned stores. Very sad.

That's strange.  At my local mall, its the Sears that closed while everything else seems to be hanging in fine.

I work across the street from what used to be a great mall. Close to home, I remember when I couldn't get a parking spot in the summer. Christmas was a nightmare. 

They closed Kohl's (where I LOVED to shop), and Sears closed about a year ago. 

I hate it too. I like to really see what I'm buying. 

heads-up 

i am reintroducing airforce1958#magahat to the forum  to give it another go

avoid overly excessive piling on over and over whether warranted or not, just for thread aesthetics

tell everyone

i'll check in on it at times lol

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I used to work at the Landmark Sears, first the catalog department, then sheets/, and then lamps. This was during my first college attendance after HS.

And it all started going south with downsizing...making one person per shift deal with all "housewares".

Even the Macy's in the mail I mentioned is nasty. 

I’d have to find the post but he was gone for a while and when he came back, said he needed a break from the board. Not too long after he posted something about school shootings being the result of not having prayer in schools and a couple of us refuted that... I wasn’t harsh. Never saw him on here again though.

50 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I feel like I ran meandwarf (who was one of my favorite posters) off 😕

how many souls have you crushed everywhere you so callously and casually wield your slashing sardonic---nay, satanic---wit?

but in this case it was Zguy who ran him off

46 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’d have to find the post but he was gone for a while and when he came back, said he needed a break from the board. Not too long after he posted something about school shootings being the result of not having prayer in schools and a couple of us refuted that... I wasn’t harsh. Never saw him on here again though.

ES has to be kept in context and doses, even I had to learn that hard way.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Malmsteen is a tricky one for me.  No doubt he's a great technical guitar player, but...there's no soul.  

His early stuff is best. I've seen him too many times to count, but he ****ed up horribly once, literally bouncing the guitars he failed to catch off the stage, just looking pissed the whole show. 

Lita Ford opened. Daytona, July 4th weekend sometime late 80s.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Same with Satriani for me.  I recognize the talent...I just can't get into it.

That's why Vai is a God. 

I named a cat for him. My little muffin passed at the age of 15, and I played Passion & Warfare for him the night before. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Same with Satriani for me.  I recognize the talent...I just can't get into it.

Satch is certainly a good deal more varied and tasteful, but I understand the sentiment.

Try some Andy Timmons.  Dude is the smoothest thing out there right now, but still a stone cold killer.

Archived