Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's just me recreating the Reece pic...

Actually before the Cincy/Redskins game in 2009 when I was trying to relive my hat trick weekend...  But ended up spending another night in Newport...

Also the first time I met @Afierro21, then we went on a roadrtip...

2009...  Was a decade ago... Talked **** to a Bengalfan who disrespected my ST21 jersey...

Got 5 front row tickets for $200 because they were so horrible...

Tried to give them away to bengals fans and they thought it was a scam.. 

Also the day I almost got arrested for telling a cop I just drove in from Hawaii... 

In retrospect, not the best move

No longer a Pirates fan...  Now I'm an AZ Dbacks fan because I live 9 miles from the stadium...

No longer a Pirates fan...  Now I'm an AZ Dbacks fan because I live 9 miles from the stadium...

Does Politico still hate Bob Seger?

The literal most irrational thing I've ever heard...

7 hours ago, IONTOP said:

Does Politico still hate Bob Seger?

The literal most irrational thing I've ever heard...

I was in Vegas last week and Seger was in town. All I could think about was Predicto (I think you mean Predicto).

Also, I went with a Bob Seger superfan who drove to Cleveland to see him in a snow storm and then debated extending her stay in Vegas to see Seger. 

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is it true that it you plead Not Guilty, and they find you guilty, that they typically add on additional court costs that are even heavier than the original cost ?

Just wondering if pleading Not Guilty is high risk of making matters worse, if you don't have strong, concrete evidence

What state and county do you live in?  Cause if it's just 15 mph over, do you have to go to court at all?  Is there not an option to admit guilt and pay the fine/court costs and go on your way?  I know in NC, that would carry points against your license and insurance (so your premium would go up some), but depending on what your driving record is like, might be the cheaper and least time consuming option.

The only time I went to traffic court in person was after getting pulled for 60 in a 45.  I went in front of the magistrate and told them I wanted to speak to the DA or Assistant DA (can't remember which - was back in 99), came back that afternoon and talked to him and got it knocked down to 10 mph over which did not put points on my insurance.  

I got a couple more tickets later, and just paid them, but got more points on my license which then resulted in getting a letter stating I had to complete 8 hours of driving school (defensive driving class), which was only offered on a Saturday.  And it ****ing sucked.

Years later in a span from I want to say from 2009-2012 I got four speeding tickets - 80 in a 60 with reckless driving (Mecklenburg county - first one and it was a year before the next two), 80 in a 60 (Mecklenburg), 50 in a 35 (Cabarrus Co. - one week after the second one) and then 60 in a 30 six months after those previous two.

I payed a lawyer to handle all four of those.  Only one was written lower than the clocked speed, the one in Cabarrus Co., I told the Sheriff deputy I just got one a week prior and my wife was going to kill me, he had clocked me at 53, but bumped it down to 50.  That one I got off due to improper equipment.  The other ones my lawyer took care of and I somehow avoided driving school again.  **** cost me a ton of money in legal fees, etc.  

Last speeding ticket I got was from a Fairfax County cop. I upfront admitted that I was speeding as I was late to work. Because I didn't make the cop do the song and dance of accusation etc. he lowered the speed so it wouldn't be reported to the state for points. So in essence it was a $109 ticket, no court and no points. It might also be because I was an older white woman and was extremely cooperative.

I do believe that I benefited from white privilege.

21 hours ago, Chew said:

I wish all my ES friends could've been there to see it...when the DEA agent told the state trooper who pulled me over that they didn't find anything in my car.  He was SO disappointed, both his face and his body language said it.  He was sad that they didn't find any drugs on me. 

I've got a bunch more stories like that where I was degraded and humiliated by our "heroes in blue," but will save them for another thread. 

Sorry for the rant.

No need to apologize, my light-skinded brother.  I have sadly had run-ins too.  Your specific story reminded me of a similar experience. In college, me and my boy, who happens to be Mexican-American got pulled over after a day at an internship. A shady cop's wet dream - hassle black and brown brother's at the same time! We really "fit the profile," what with our button-up dress shirts and khakis. Same thing, allowed the search, ended up being 4 or so squad cars in all (but no DEA agent).  Searched, came up clean, of course.  But we could see and feel their disappointment. Got lucky, they didn't plant anything.  It was before video capable phones, but we didn't think to call anyone, like you did.  Shocker, no "sorry about that" or anything when it was all said and done.

Had a cop pull a gun on me. Outside of a cop bar. 94th aero squadron. 

I simply asked him if he had seen our friend that disappeared from our company. 

We went there all the time because we thought it would be safe and no bull**** like a regular club/bar. 

His partner grabbed his badge on his neck and apologized profusely. 

We let it ride. 

Craziest part to me was because I grew up in DC...I wasn't scared. I was so reckless back then, death didn't bother me as a potential situation. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hardly do more than 5 over anymore, unless I'm in an area I know well. My last ticket was from a county cop bout 3 years ago.

Yep, about 5 over is my limit too. I have a cop friend who told me they don't pull you unless you're +11, but I ain't testing it.

The only time I'm ever on a highway is for a hockey game, I can do absolutely everything by back roads, and I took back roads to hockey one night after dark in the rain. It took a while, but hey...safety first. 

Archived