Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Probably only adults that participated in the polling.  If I had to rank my favorite holidays in order it would be:

1.  Christmas - would have been a solid #2 on my list before 2008 (year my daughter was born).  But I love buying her stuff and watch her open gifts.

2.  Thanksgiving - because I take the entire week off and get to relax.  Was solid #1 before kids, still close.

3.  Labor Day -  I usually take the entire week off and we usually go to the beach over Labor Day weekend

4.  July 4th - Cause grilling brats, hotdogs, chicken wings, drinking, etc. while celebrating Murica.

5.  Memorial Day - day to honor our military veterans.  And grill out, etc. 

6.  New Years Eve - Definitely a lot higher back in my younger days when we would go out to whatever bar and party.  Pretty much just stay in and off the roads once it gets dark.  Every once in a while we grab an early dinner before all the chaos begins, then chill at home watching TV/movies

Halloween would be 7th I guess.  Sure, it was fun and cute when my daughter was dressing up and trick or treating, started wearing off over the past couple of years.  

Adult Halloween is a thing.  A glorious thing.

51 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Adult Halloween is a thing.  A glorious thing.

Sure, for the eye candy of hot women dressed in slutty outfits.  That is still of course appreciated, however, wife and I never dressed up and went to Halloween costume parties, never was our thing.  As far as the holiday itself, not in my top 5 or 6.  

Edit:  I've lived in my current neighborhood for almost 18 years, it's pretty much a drag on Halloween.  A couple of years, after we took Tazette trick-or-treating I'd walk over to one of my neighbors house and drink with them while watching one of their friends that was dressed up and scare the **** out of people.  That was fun.  But that doesn't go on anymore.  

My best friend that lives in Ohio, now his neighborhood parties.  Adults hand out candy to the kids, beer and shots to the parents, etc.  He's usually drunk by 8pm :ols:

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Neither. Frankly, 1 is criminal negligence imo.

Not a fan of shooting in the air, either, I know how gravity works.  Surprised we don't hear more about people getting hurt by that, mus be some kinda science to it, or dumb luck.

I know there aren't many gogo fans here...

But happy birthday to the "1-1-99," Backyard Band @ the Blackhole.  20 years ago today.  It's the highest selling gogo tape of all-time and the craziest gogo show I ever attended (out of hundreds).  Probably the most fun I had as a teenager. 

And I just saw on Instagram that Backyard played at the Kennedy Center last night.   :headbang:

#thecity

Archived