Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hope everything goes alright, but don't think of it as a weakness. Weakness is an assumption that you have no excuse to be/perform the way you are, and are culpible, and capable of doing better. Eventually you will be capable of doing better but it isn't your fault.

I still have bad days, and nights where I can't sleep a lick, but after having such a built in routine over time, it sort of becomes like an internal emergency crisis response, like a fireman or something, where you co troll the blaze and let it burn itself out throughout the day with no outward visible effects. Just gets me through to the next day, where things almost always even out back to normal.

You've already come a long way,  and as long as you stat the course, eventually things will get a little better than they are now, so on and so forth.

That means a lot, thank you, really.  If I've made it this far... hooah, coulda been gone, but I'm not.  You right, somethings there's nothing I can do but make the most of, this being one of them

HR is supposed to get back to me about coming up to DC to sign the W4.  I'll believe it when I sign it... still trying to keep eyes from watering....  Hopefully Nats/Caps/Celtics can distract me in the meantime. Just...no words.

Waiting for another Peapod delivery. Hope all my eggs make it this time, and hope it's not the same driver. Different delivery time. 

Big order this time. I have been running lean because closing, but my refrigerator/freezer in the camper workers really well on propane and I can freeze really cold here in the house. So stocking up a bit.

Update: Everything arrived safely, eggs unbroken! Happy girl!

9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

On a side note, just as I fell asleep, Dude had a problem with the movie and started barking.  Way to ruin movie night. :wtf:

and today is my 20th wedding anniversary!  Twenty years of putting up with my BS and I’m still alive.  :pint:

Just had my 10th recently! Congrats!

That is on the level of most of todays rap music. 

They are appropriate for the time but truly have only about 3-5 memorable songs. 

Lola, You really got me, All day and all of the night, and maybe the 2 others. 

I know the song, it just sucks. I bet you know more Biggie hits. 

So, I live by this theory of life with no regrets.  

We make mistakes in life, if you learn than it should not be a regret. 

If you don't learn than there is a possible regret ( likely). 

2 years into this marriage. No regrets. 

What I have learned is that relationships are more expensive than being single. haha. 

By the way,  @LadySkinsFan and @skinsmarydu , she is just an adorable and sweet person. Hell of a lot nicer and caring than I am. 

Yet, still a pain in the neck at times... as I know that I am, and can be. 

5 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

It's kinda interesting that this message board is still going strong. The message board format is like a dying breed of Internet-based interaction. 

Its the community itself that's keeping it going, the technology is long since outdated.

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

It's kinda interesting that this message board is still going strong. The message board format is like a dying breed of Internet-based interaction. 

I think that all of these new things are basically the same thing. 

We have grown accustomed to and accepted some flaws with the format. 

Thing is, it is actually better and active among mostly folks that understand that older model of the same thing that others have done. 

If it goes away, I won't sign up for these newer and more popular formats. 

Hell, Snapchat is dying as we speak. 

57 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

They are appropriate for the time but truly have only about 3-5 memorable songs. 

Lola, You really got me, All day and all of the night, and maybe the 2 others. 

Personally I quite like Waterloo Sunset, and have always wanted the song Days to be played at my funeral.

EDIT: @tshile, there is this thing called an edit. 

Try out the other randomness that they have there. 

I don't know or understand most of it myself. 

I know I have to create an account elsewhere to share a picture or save it here. That is about it unless I am on Google. 

3 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

I've been a part of a lot of message boards and online social communities over the past decade-plus but this is the only one that's stuck. This is one of the few places I can talk about/lament over D.C. Sports since most of my other friends aren't sports fans at all (and those that are don't follow the D.C. Sports teams).

This place got me through my "exile" out of the Mid-Atlantic. It was one of the few connections I had to "home" and though I have a...complex relationship with the team right now (not going into that right now - not the thread for it), I still love visiting this forum because of the connections I made here. Hell, I even got my first news radio gig through this place thanks to @Burgold.

Archived