Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just to chime in on the marijuana anxiety thing, I smoked heavy amounts of marijuana from about 16-26. Never had anxiety once (at least that I can remember). I quit for various reasons. 8 years later and now when I smoke I get anxious as ****. Maybe cuz my tolerance has gone down? Or the weed out here in Cali has gotten stronger? Whatever it is I don't like it. I pretty much only smoke when I'm drunk now, which makes the anxiety way better.

I smoke weed like a champ and don't have any anxiety or paranoia. I think my neighbor does though. The other day when I was high af, I was peering into her bedroom window through my telescope watching her type on her phone as she lay in bed, I'm pretty sure I saw her thumb move in the exact locations it would take to google my name. Now I have to kill her.

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Just to chime in on the marijuana anxiety thing, I smoked heavy amounts of marijuana from about 16-26. Never had anxiety once (at least that I can remember). I quit for various reasons. 8 years later and now when I smoke I get anxious as ****. Maybe cuz my tolerance has gone down? Or the weed out here in Cali has gotten stronger? Whatever it is I don't like it. I pretty much only smoke when I'm drunk now, which makes the anxiety way better.

Definitely tolerance, bro.  When I first started back smoking a few years ago, I got some pretty bad anxiety, and even got stuck in the dreaded time loop a few times, which was horrific.  But I was able to build my tolerance back up and now my experience with marijuana is great.  I've mentioned it before, but I haven't used my depression meds in over a year since starting back smoking weed a few times a week.  I smoke on Friday and Saturday nights to help me chill out and unwind after a long week.  No different from people having some beers or sipping whiskey.  I use it responsibly, and it just helps a brother mellow out and relax. 

Quick fun story about my experience with Eddies.  I was on the edibles hard a few months ago, first time I had ever really tried them.  Talk about deep smacked, I was catatonic and had one foot in another dimension.  First time I tried it, I did a 50 MG cookie.  It took a few hours to kick in, but I was super smacked for a solid 6-7 hours.  It freaked me out at first when it kicked in, my head started tingling and my ears started ringing.  Initial instinct is to fight/resist the feeling, which is what leads to anxiety.  But I just let go and went with it, and the experience was amazeballs.  Edible high is a lot different from smoking/vaping dry herb, waaaay more intense.

Once I learned how to control the edibles high after a few times, I used the feeling of enhanced enlightenment and elevated level of consciousness to sink into the 4th dimension.  I went down the rabbit hole looking for the meaning of life, dead friends and relatives, God, or the edge of the universe.  I didn't find anything though, nothing out there but darkness.  And not darkness in a bad or sinister way, there's simply nothing out there.  It was actually very peaceful.  

I have so much clarity after being able to visit my subconscious, take a look around, and reprogram it.  All my life I've feared death, I worried about the health and safety of my wife and parents, I didn't understand the meaning of life, what my purpose was, or how the universe or any god could allow such suffering here on earth.  These thoughts would swirl around in my head 24 hours a day, which caused me to be sad all the time, which led to me becoming depressed and an alcoholic.  But the weed has truly helped me be at peace with everything, and I feel like I'm the most authentic version of myself that I've ever been.  I've never been happier in my life than I am right now, and it's ALL thanks to deep self-reflection while cosmically stoned.  I understand that many people would laugh at that, and that's okay. :) 

I'm putting the weed down for good when my kid is born in a few months, but it's been a fun few years with the refer again and using it has changed my life for the better.  

14 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I pretty much only smoke when I'm drunk now, which makes the anxiety way better.

3 hours ago, Chew said:

I'm putting the weed down for good when my kid is born in a few months, but it's been a fun few years with the refer again and using it has changed my life for the better.  

Everybody is different, but not the first time I've seen either of this.

One of my closets friends used to smoke like me, but he was also a functional alcoholic.  We'd talk about it, then finally we lost track of time and he tells me he's married his girlfirend in a courthouse and quit drinking for at least 30 days, cold turkey.  We talked about the shock that might do before and after, but he hit a breaking point and went all in.  Told me that slowly but surly, him smoking weed was causing him to have weird anxiety issues.  I knew it was because of the change in his body chemistry, but neither of us could figure out why it wasn't getting better instead was getting worse (he was a huge smoker before he ever started drinking like that). 

Finally, that came to head, too, so now he doesn't smoke or drink.  He's older then me, all of my close friends have kids and or serious relationships (I'm only one still in my 20s, single and no kids).  They've just reached a stage in their life were ripping and running has gotten old, been there done that.  So @Chew, you quiting smoking weed once your kid is born doesn't shock me at all.  I know I will have to stop now that the clearance thing is becoming real for me, I'd be open to starting again once I'm retired or don't think I'm getting tested anymore (like when I'm self-employed), but I have no way of knowing how my body will react to the definitive possibility that whatever strains are around by then will be even more potent that's around right now (which is why a lot of baby boomers I know say they won't try to keep up with it anymore).

I have multiple examples of multiple situations, as I'm sure we all do, but I believe most if not all of us can agree that it should be legal and it should be an option.  Until my body tells me otherwise, I'm always going to feel safer smoking then drinking, the science will prove me right if it hasn't already, I'm absolutely sure of this.

1 minute ago, mcsluggo said:

the drugs in weed are safer than alcohol (for addictive personalities) 

but smoking is worse than swallowing.... get thee some brownies.    

I keep telling people that you can't set broccoli on fire and that be good for you.  One of my closest friends has a vaporizer, not sure I'm into that yet, just try to have high grade stuff so I don't have to smoke as much for the same effect.  Anyone bragging about going through onions like eighths is doing it wrong, imo, always felt that way.

Speaking for myself, the less potentially mind altering/addictive stuff that's in my system, the better. The stuff I take is powerful enough without adding things like other drugs, alcohol, caffeine, high fructose corn syrup drinks/foods, processed foods, etc.

I always detect a noticeable difference anytime I do any of that stuff (not the drugs) on a rare occasion, and needed to cut it all (not the drugs, already quit before that, and it wasnt weed, it was coke and x) out before I really started to agree with everything. All of that stuff has an affect in one way or another.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Speaking for myself, the less potentially mind altering/addictive stuff that's in my system, the better.

My brother took that approach as well.  I'm hard-headed, I'm that way with pretty much everything else except weed, my day will come (if its not already here).  There's that 20s part of me that doesn't want to go into full sobriety, then there's the about to be 30s part of me saying I'm looking at it the wrong way thinking that.

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Can we pls get science into removing the skunkiness of it? Being in a pot friendly state and so close to SF, it's everywhere. Give us who don't partake a chance to breathe again freely. ?

A couple of medical grade strains are already like that (how I know, well... : )

26 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Can we pls get science into removing the skunkiness of it? Being in a pot friendly state and so close to SF, it's everywhere. Give us who don't partake a chance to breathe again freely. ?

That's why I never did it. This young couple at Safeway a couple weeks ago must've been somersaulting into that ish. If the smell were visible it would've looked like a contrail. Immediately triggered a migraine/reaction so strong my gf had to take the wheel mid way back to my place because I started seeing sprites.

5 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

the drugs in weed are safer than alcohol (for addictive personalities) 

but smoking is worse than swallowing.... get thee some brownies.    

I thought that said "get threesome brownies".  I was trying to figure out what they were and where I can find them.

Archived