Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

My life is a Khalid-free zone.

That's a shame:

I haven't found a song by him alone that I really dig as much as his collaborations, I'll give you that, but I'll look some more first before writing him off.

My parents want me to stay with them if I officially get the job in DC.  They just asked for $700 from me and my little sister separately without telling either of us they were asking both of us.  I can sense where this is going, I don't want to move in with them now.  Am I overthinking this?  I was thinking 3 months tops, but it will be longer if I'm bailing them out while I'm up there.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

My parents want me to stay with them if I officially get the job in DC.  They just asked for $700 from me and my little sister separately without telling either of us they were asking both of us.  I can sense where this is going, I don't want to move in with them now.  Am I overthinking this?  I was thinking 3 months tops, but it will be longer if I'm bailing them out while I'm up there.

Given the past history you have shared with us, I do not think you are overthinking this at all.  

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Just say 'no'.

I'm in agreement. You've been down this road before...nothing against your parents. If they need help, that's one thing. I understand wanting to provide that help, trust me. But it has worn you down in the past, from what you've posted, and your life is taking a turn for the better with your new certs. 

My pennies, for what they're worth. Just want you to feel good. You deserve it. ?

So far, we all agree here. It's already stressing you out, and you haven't even gotten the job offer yet. 

Even though renting an apartment is more expensive, you'll have piece of mind. Moving is stressful enough. I know because I am doing it right now. 

We all care about you!

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

We all care about you!

Appreciate that, all of you.  

Told him I'm not giving him the money, told my sister, too.  I'm not going to talk to him about not moving in until after I get my start date, that won't be for another week or two as clearence thing needs to go through.  That I'll do in person, feel like I have my guard up, I don't like this feeling.

I know this sounds crazy, but I'm thinking of putting my stuff in storage and renting a room in Manassas.  VRE straight to Union Station, job is literally across the street, plus Master's Program I want to do is in Manassas.  If I can get something $500 range, utilities included with access to kitcken and laundry, all I need to do is put a lock on my door (which I've done before with other roommate situations) and mind my own business.  I need to stack to break this lease, I looked it over, they want three months and my security deposit to break it.  6 months I'll click over from contract to hire to actually part of the company this headhunter has me working for.  I can stack a lot of bread in 6 months if I have access to the oven.  

I had my first apartment at 22, so not a huge fan of this idea, but huge part of being an adult is doing **** you don't want to do.  Its how I got to this point.

45 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My wife is trying to make an account.  For security question about retired number she put 33 and it wont take it.  Thoughts?

Any help?

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That sounds awesome, @LadySkinsFan, I'm a fish, so most of my time in Hampton Roads I've been walking distance to water, like the bay or ocean.  

Let me know if you need a place to crash.  My camper has a pullout.

Archived