Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

That's why my girlfriends & I go to Gladiators games. It's cheap (our tix are around the $13 range), there's usually only a thousand or so people, very little problem with traffic or parking, and just a good fun time together. Heck, Paige drove in from Alabama for the last home game!???

Blanca would've beat that ass :table2:

Never really played that much Street Fighter growing up (I was mostly MK, then Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Killer Instinct and DOA and any other fighting game that was out back then before cannabalistic exclusive licensing and other ish), but that dude, and the freaky stretchy Ghandi looking dude weren't no joke.

8 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Take her to one of those indoor skydiving places. 

Those Blue Fairy Wings you can get from Dollar Tree are underrated, would be a nice touch as well (knew a little girl who loved that  ****, destroyed it, and I got her another pair).

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Get a sinus/nasal blockage. That actually happened recently. 

Never heard of something like that prior, but googled before I decided whether or not I should go to the doctor :ols:

Learn something new everyday : )

I knew it was getting too high, high enough that my manager noticed, and I do my best to keep people from noticing the fluctuations in everyday life (not here, though, for multiple reasons).  Either one of two things was going to happen, either it'd keep getting worse and I'd risk doing something stupid, or it would drop like a lead balloon.  Knew either was inevitable, so got someone to talk about it a day after officially asking for help.  This morning it dropped like a lead balloon, terrible time for this to happen as I have a 2nd interview for a cybersecurity job in DC lined up this afternoon. 

I've built up a lot of good will where I'm at, I won't have that first day at new place if they offer me the job.  It's a process, as we've talked about before, one not everyone wins, but I know I gotta do something fast, so I'm doing what I can.  The fact I can recognize it as it's happening is a strength, the fact that its happening is a weakness.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Learn something new everyday : )

I knew it was getting too high, high enough that my manager noticed, and I do my best to keep people from noticing the fluctuations in everyday life (not here, though, for multiple reasons).  Either one of two things was going to happen, either it'd keep getting worse and I'd risk doing something stupid, or it would drop like a lead balloon.  Knew either was inevitable, so got someone to talk about it a day after officially asking for help.  This morning it dropped like a lead balloon, terrible time for this to happen as I have a 2nd interview for a cybersecurity job in DC lined up this afternoon. 

I've built up a lot of good will where I'm at, I won't have that first day at new place if they offer me the job.  It's a process, as we've talked about before, one not everyone wins, but I know I gotta do something fast, so I'm doing what I can.  The fact I can recognize it as it's happening is a strength, the fact that its happening is a weakness.

Hope everything goes alright, but don't think of it as a weakness. Weakness is an assumption that you have no excuse to be/perform the way you are, and are culpible, and capable of doing better. Eventually you will be capable of doing better but it isn't your fault.

I still have bad days, and nights where I can't sleep a lick, but after having such a built in routine over time, it sort of becomes like an internal emergency crisis response, like a fireman or something, where you co troll the blaze and let it burn itself out throughout the day with no outward visible effects. Just gets me through to the next day, where things almost always even out back to normal.

You've already come a long way,  and as long as you stat the course, eventually things will get a little better than they are now, so on and so forth.

Archived