Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'll never find it within myself to care much about hockey. I'm the type of person that will give anything a shot at least once, and there is not much I totally reject. But I just have no interest in hockey whatsoever, and I'm okay with it. Good for the Caps. Hope they win it all. Either way, I will not be affected

Nats/Skins or nah 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wouldn't be forcing myself to give hockey a chance if DC didn't have a team.  I can't watch it consistently during the regular season, its different in postseason though. I want them to do well, winning teams are good for any metropolitan area.  Don't even look at it that way (being bitter its a sport you don't even like to watch), either join the party or just be happy we can close the DC Curse thread if they win.

Oh I'm far from rooting against them or anything. So I guess I'm more of the optimist part.

Just fun to tease.

I won't be going in the Caps thread and do any teasing tho. Not that big of an asshole.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Oh I'm far from rooting against them or anything. So I guess I'm more of the optimist part.

Just fun to tease.

Nah, I heard you the first time, you straight : )

Why don't you like hockey?  Don't tell me its slow, you have a baseball team logo as your avatar, lolz

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Nah, I hear you the first time, you straight : )

Why don't you like hockey?  Don't tell me its slow, you have a baseball team logo as your avatar, lolz

Idk. Just never into it. Didn't grow up watching or playing it.

Winter is for bball. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nats/Skins or nah 

I wouldn't invite myself to the parade if Caps do win, I'd feel fake as ****.

Have them on while I'm multitasking, guess I just want to see it happen, like watching history at this point now that they're past the pens.

Meh, I feel like nothing is slower than football at this point. I find any non Skins game largely unwatchable 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I wouldn't invite myself to the parade if Caps do win, I'd feel fake as ****.

Have them on while I'm multitasking, guess I just want to see it happen, like watching history at this point now that they're past the pens.

I wouldn't invite myself to a Nets parade either. Don't even say stuff like "We".

To me that's reserved for OG's. Like, i. an OG Miami Heat guy. Glen Rice was the man back in the days I first started watching. Lot of Road Warrior/Shaq &Wade/Big 3 Era Heat fans and that's cool, but they haven't lived and died with the team like others. Gotta respect that.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh, I feel like nothing is slower than football at this point. I find any non Skins game largely unwatchable 

I wouldn't invite myself to a Nets parade either. Don't even say stuff like "We".

To me that's reserved for OG's. Like, i. an OG Miami Heat guy. Glen Rice was the man back in the days I first started watching. Lot of Road Warrior/Shaq &Wade/Big 3 Era Heat fans and that's cool, but they haven't lived and died with the team like others. Gotta respect that.

Football slow, huh?  Interesting, I usually hear that from people that like Soccer instead.

If it wasn't for fantasy football, I wouldn't give to ****s what anyone else was doing, I'd just be aware enough to know who our primary threats to our goals were, particularly our division.  Do I hover over every Sunday night Giants/Cowboys game?  Nope.  I'm already gearing up for the scrimage against the Jets in Richmond, but if DC didn't have a team, my interests in Football would die with it.  It's hard to describe, like I'm excited about what our team could do since we have one, otherwise...I'm not going to treat a non-DC team like I do a DC team, I don't care what sport it is.

The only non-Redskins football I'm looking forward to this year is Brady vs Rodgers.  That's gonna be a "Tell your kid about it" game, like Manning vs Farve a couple years ago when he was still playing for Green Bay.

As for the Nats, dude, I don't get why you don't think you're OG with the Nats.  They've been in DC for like, what, 13 years tops?  You're in that thread enough, I wouldn't challenge you on that and back you if anyone did.  I used to be a Yankees fan before they showed up, my dad considering me a traitor, but understands we didn't have a team and he wouldn't be a Yankees fan if DC had one around the time he had moved to NYC. He was going to Yankee Stadium, there was no Nationals Stadium yet.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

I think I post "I wish I liked hockey" in the Wiz thread about 5 times every season...

Did you see my comment about remembering Ted owned the Wizards, too?  I don't know whether to laugh or cry right now about that one.

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Football slow, huh?  Interesting, I usually hear that from people that like Soccer instead.

If it wasn't for fantasy football, I wouldn't give to ****s what anyone else was doing, I'd just be aware enough to know who our primary threats to our goals were, particularly our division.  Do I hover over every Sunday night Giants/Cowboys game?  Nope.  I'm already gearing up for the scrimage against the Jets in Richmond, but if DC didn't have a team, my interests in Football would die with it.  It's hard to describe, like I'm excited about what our team could do since we have one, otherwise...I'm not going to treat a non-DC team like I do a DC team, I don't care what sport it is.

The only non-Redskins football I'm looking forward to this year is Brady vs Rodgers.  That's gonna be a "Tell your kid about it" game, like Manning vs Farve a couple years ago when he was still playing for Green Bay.

As for the Nats, dude, I don't get why you don't think you're OG with the Nats.  They've been in DC for like, what, 13 years tops?  You're in that thread enough, I wouldn't challenge you on that and back you if anyone did.  I used to be a Yankees fan before they showed up, my dad considering me a traitor, but understands we didn't have a team and he wouldn't be a Yankees fan if DC had one around the time he had moved to NYC. He was going to Yankee Stadium, there was no Nationals Stadium yet.

Cause I only really started paying attention to the Nats on a regular basis like 4 years ago

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Cause I only really started paying attention to the Nats on a regular basis like 4 years ago

I think you're overthinking it, but you're call, no biggie.  I keep having to remind myself I've lived my entire life in mid-atlantic, you haven't, different perspectives.

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

As he dances on a water covered dance floor, made of Wiz fans' tears...

It's weird, man.  I mean, on the brightside, he is figuring it out with his hockey team and he made the Mystics relevant overnight.  Will his hockey team winning a championship change his standards for the other two?

Finishing up these servers updates on our backup servers, and watching this history channel show on Kodi about 10 Ways the World Could End.  

Some of these episodes, you don't have to keep asking me if I think humans will survive to keep me watching.  Second, I had no idea that if a rock the size of the one that killed the dinosaurs (about 7 miles) came through the atmosphere and we saw it during daytime, we'd see a giant hole in the blue sky, a black one, looking out into space and seeing the stars.  It would close up pretty quickly, around same time asteroid hit the surface.

Talk about keeping things in perspective.

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

different perspectives.

I think that's really all it is. I think it's real easy to decide to root for a winning team, or a team that has decades of prestige. But to essentially grow up with a team  (the Heat are the same age as me) and watch them evolve from nobodies, to upstarts, to contenders, get knocked down, get up, win it all, etc, it's a different feeling, and I just recognize that although the Nats have not won it all yet, to be where they are now is remarkable, and im sure that for those there since the beginning, it feels a bit different than someone like me, just happy to be along for the ride basically..  It may be unnecessary, but I respect it anyway.

I really don't understand how someone apprehended in 1995 and ...

Rogers was scheduled to be put to death on Valentine's Day, 1999, in Florida, but he immediately appealed to the Florida Supreme Court claiming that the State had not presented enough evidence to support the charges. Rogers also argued that the trial court should have granted the defense's motions for a mistrial because a witness was allowed to testify about a misdemeanor for which Rogers was convicted in California; he also claimed the prosecution was also allowed to present an improper argument during closing arguments. His appeal was delayed until March, 2001, and was ultimately denied. In April 2005, Rogers filed another appeal, which is still pending. Should his death sentence ever be overturned based on a charge of prosecutorial misconduct, he will no longer be eligible for execution in the State of California.[

10 hours ago, Chew said:

Does anybody else love yard work?  All I hear is people complain about it.  Mowing the grass, edging, spraying weeds, using the hose attachment stuff to spry Revive and grass food, adjusting my sprinkler heads.  I love doing that stuff, it's therapeutic.

Then fire up the grill and chase the dogs around the backyard.  It's awesome.    

Hank Hill. 

Also visiting someone in prison is nothing like they make it seem in the movies. 

6 minutes ago, Chew said:

How is Tracy Morgan famous?  He's not funny at all.  All his movies roles were trash and he was the worst token black dude on SNL ever. 

I caught his stand-up at the Palm Beach Improv in about 2012.  It was easily the best routine Ive ever seen live...edgy, dark and absolutely hilarious.

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll never find it within myself to care much about hockey. I'm the type of person that will give anything a shot at least once, and there is not much I totally reject. But I just have no interest in hockey whatsoever, and I'm okay with it. Good for the Caps. Hope they win it all. Either way, I will not be affected

Nats/Skins or nah 

I find hockey interesting in person/in arena. 

But to me, it's a lot of get it close to the opponent's goal and pray for a deflection or that the goaltender sees the puck late. 

Archived