Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

No lie, there is the occasional awkwardness that comes with you just waking up from a nap, and seeing them off in the corner, staring right at you with those eyes, fixed in a position that makes you think they were seconds away from attack.

But it's just how they show their love

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Just house/cat sit for my buddy while he went on his honeymoon cruise... There is no bigger asshole in the world than the common house cat. 

**** em. 

I never understood the entire house sitting thing.  I guess for a dog they don't want to kennel, since that's a lot of money, it makes sense for someone to come over to feed the dog(s).  But if it's just cats and the trip is a week or less, there really isn't a need to house sit just for a cat.  

They take care of themselves as long as you leave them enough food and water out (best to go overboard and leave out way more than they would need).  Clean the litter box(es) out the night before the trip, hell, even toss in an extra one to be safe.  They are good to go.  

And if one has no pets, I really don't get the whole house sitting stuff.

Just now, skinfan2k said:

cats are boring.  Why bother to have an animal if you cant play with it or enjoy it?

Cats are fun.  They just seek out your love and attention when they want it.  But they are still playful if you initiate the fun.  And it's always simple **** that amuses them, like a laser pointer.  One of our cats always wanted attention, but did not like sitting in laps.  The other was a lap whore, she would always come up and jump in your lap when you were watching TV laying on the couch or sitting in a chair.  

In college, we would take the laser pointer and get the cats going nuts, then lead it into another room where someone would be sitting down, with their back to you.  Put the dot on their ass and watch their reaction when the cat went full blown Rambo and jumped at them claws first :rofl89:

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I never understood the entire house sitting thing.  I guess for a dog they don't want to kennel, since that's a lot of money, it makes sense for someone to come over to feed the dog(s).  But if it's just cats and the trip is a week or less, there really isn't a need to house sit just for a cat.  

They take care of themselves as long as you leave them enough food and water out (best to go overboard and leave out way more than they would need).  Clean the litter box(es) out the night before the trip, hell, even toss in an extra one to be safe.  They are good to go.  

He and his wife are a bit coo-coo about their cat, but they acknowledge that they are. Didn't want them spend their whole trip worrying about the little guy. He also house/dog sat for me in the past too, so I felt I owed him one. 

Sitting for a pet is more a relief to the owners than the pets I think.

Just now, CRobi21 said:

He and his wife are a bit coo-coo about their cat, but they acknowledge that they are. Didn't want them spend their whole trip worrying about the little guy. He also house/dog sat for me in the past too, so I felt I owed him one. 

That makes sense, returning the favor.  

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Cats are fun.  They just seek out your love and attention when they want it.  But they are still playful if you initiate the fun.  And it's always simple **** that amuses them, like a laser pointer.  One of our cats always wanted attention, but did not like sitting in laps.  The other was a lap whore, she would always come up and jump in your lap when you were watching TV laying on the couch or sitting in a chair.  

In college, we would take the laser pointer and get the cats going nuts, then lead it into another room where someone would be sitting down, with their back to you.  Put the dot on their ass and watch their reaction when the cat went full blown Rambo and jumped at them claws first :rofl89:

Lol i think i tried that once. Cat went bonkers. Great sixth sense, too.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Cats don't play?!?

Thats crazy talk.

Our late cat, the one that looks like yours.  She stayed healthy and pretty slim most of her life and was extremely active with a huge vertical leap.  I bought her a toy from one of the pet stores, it was a plastic stick (2 feet long) with a 3-4 foot cord attached and then had three attachments (feathers, leather tassel and something else).  Looked like a mini fishing pole.  

I could take that with the leather tassel attachment and start going in circles and she would go ape **** chasing it, then I'd get her going forward and pull it up in the air and she would leap straight up for it and bend back and turn flips in the air.  She would be completely extended, where her paws would be well over four feet at their highest point of the flip.

It was cool as **** playing with her.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol i think i tried that once. Cat went bonkers. Great sixth sense, too.

The first few times you give them real catnip is ****ing hilarious too.  My wife's grandmother grew catnip for her and gave it to her to give to our cat and her roommates cat back in college.  Those little ****ers were running all over the place, going nuts, flipping out.  their fur was all sticking out like a porcupine and every little sound would set them off.

They would be shaking all paranoid looking, eyes bugging out and ready to jump.  Then out of the blue just take off running and jump at a wall or something.  It was funny as hell.

58 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Our late cat, the one that looks like yours.  She stayed healthy and pretty slim most of her life and was extremely active with a huge vertical leap.  I bought her a toy from one of the pet stores, it was a plastic stick (2 feet long) with a 3-4 foot cord attached and then had three attachments (feathers, leather tassel and something else).  Looked like a mini fishing pole.  

I could take that with the leather tassel attachment and start going in circles and she would go ape **** chasing it, then I'd get her going forward and pull it up in the air and she would leap straight up for it and bend back and turn flips in the air.  She would be completely extended, where her paws would be well over four feet at their highest point of the flip.

It was cool as **** playing with her.

Hubby gets Sabrina jumping way high on the bed, flipping around and all.  It's hilarious...she has one certain toy that she goes bonkers over.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

PET sitting is why I don't have pets now. I think pets are a huge hassle.

18 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I only read the Twitter thread over there now.

I don't blame you.  I'm happy for them, they have a new mega planet size Cousins thread cyclone they can all piss into and see who gets the furthest.  I may just stick to twitter thread, too, until preseason starts. Nowhere is safe, and its super annoying.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

10 years ago Snyder was splashing FA clowns with record breaking contracts every single year, now we can't sign our QB long-term cause Snyder is scared he might be overpaying him.

/ducks

I loved Snyder because he did take the money he made off this team and fan base and did what could to win a super bowl.  I blame Bruce Allen for this cheapskate nonsense, that's why there's rumors of Snyder getting directly involved.  But when I heard Doug Williams wasn't really involved in negotiations, I shoulda just said "I'll be back in preseason".  I'm not even mad anymore, I never saw the glory years, so this is all I know, really. Total chaos.

Archived