Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

12 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Death Race is on! One of my favorite movies, especially when it's shown without commercials.

Never saw the remake.

Laughed at the original back in college.

My wife once made a joke about how many points for hitting a stupid kid that was playing in the street, and when I commented "that movie was classic," she had no idea what I was talking about.

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bunch of cornballs...

I'm in there.  Cool, again!

My husband is about to hit the Monte Carlo trying to get out. 

Seriously?  Have me move the car.  Sheesh......................................

Odd stuff has been happening at my house this month.  Three times last couple weeks I went out to get the morning paper and noticed my garage door open.  The first time I just thought I forgot to close it the night before, but THREE times?   I think the warm air coming in the open door might be messing with the thermostat because the AC/heat temperature hs been jumping all around. 

Then, last night, I'm in the kitchen putting stuff away before heading up to bed.  I glance up and there's this really weird looking dude STARING IN MY WINDOW.  After jumping about three feet, I get my wits about me and hustle to the front door.  This guy, a slobby, overweight looking guy,  is poking around in my bushes.  He waves to me, leans into the bushes and pulls out a Frisbee. "Ah ,here it is.  My kid said he lost it here this afternoon."  Then he wobbles away.

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thinking of buying a house soon, but I just started dating a girl so I might wait. Things are going well, she could be the one, so maybe I'll wait and see maybe we'll move in together, eventually buy a house together, etc.

Sounds good, man.  Definitely like the idea of ya'll moving in together first, then trying to get a house together later.

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds good, man.  Definitely like the idea of ya'll moving in together first, then trying to get a house together later.

Seconded.  You don't truly know somebody until you've lived with them, don't care how long folks have been dating.  

Quite possible that it only takes a week to realize "this **** is crazy."  :o

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Odd stuff has been happening at my house this month.  Three times last couple weeks I went out to get the morning paper and noticed my garage door open.  The first time I just thought I forgot to close it the night before, but THREE times?   I think the warm air coming in the open door might be messing with the thermostat because the AC/heat temperature hs been jumping all around. 

Then, last night, I'm in the kitchen putting stuff away before heading up to bed.  I glance up and there's this really weird looking dude STARING IN MY WINDOW.  After jumping about three feet, I get my wits about me and hustle to the front door.  This guy, a slobby, overweight looking guy,  is poking around in my bushes.  He waves to me, leans into the bushes and pulls out a Frisbee. "Ah ,here it is.  My kid said he lost it here this afternoon."  Then he wobbles away.

Might not be the only thing he pulled out of the bushes

Don't buy property with someone you're not married to. 

My last GF tried to talk me into buying a place in Rehoboth Beach. Background: she was still married to her gay husband, long story. Anyway, I said no because any decision would have meant two against one, and I wasn't going to put myself in that position.

Or if not married, think about what will be done if the relationship doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Yeap, I used to always look for my kids missing frisbee late at night and look into people's windows :ols:

51 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Don't buy property with someone you're not married to. 

My last GF tried to talk me into buying a place in Rehoboth Beach. Background: she was still married to her gay husband, long story. Anyway, I said know because any decision would have meant two against one, and I wasn't going to put myself in that position.

Or if not married, think about what will be done if the relationship doesn't work out.

A good reason!...even though we've been together 17 yrs, married for almost 7...my name is still not on the mortgage.  We still don't have any joint accounts, not one.  The only thing in my name whatsoever is my cell phone. 

After having to carry everything for most of my adult life, it's kinda nice to give up all responsibility.  :ols:

2 hours ago, youngchew said:

Seconded.  You don't truly know somebody until you've lived with them, don't care how long folks have been dating.  

Quite possible that it only takes a week to realize "this **** is crazy."  :o

I dunno, you can gather enough intel when dating and sleeping over at each others places, having your own key to each others place, to see how they are as far as living together.  What more is there to really learn about the other person by living with them (talking moving in together completely) before marriage?  

Not that I'm against that, just asking because if you have dated someone for years, spent weekends at each others place, having a key and basically spending a ton of time at their place or them yours during the day after work, etc.  You should know enough about them to know if you want to stick around or marry them.  

I know everyone has their pet peeves about things, bad habits, etc.  but most of that comes out just as a result of time spent with the person.  When me and the wife were dating, I knew from just sleeping over at her apartment that she liked the thermostat set to 73+, she kept a clean place, didn't snore (even though I did), etc.  It's not like there was any surprises or WTF! moments after we got married and moved into together officially.  Speaking to something she or I did that annoyed the other.

The only WTF moment was our late cat Charlie.  He stayed at her apartment and slept beside her on her bed.  When we moved into our apartment, he did not like me taking his side of the bed and would attack my feet in the middle of the night, almost every night, for the first couple of weeks after we moved in.  Little ****er drew blood a few times.  Be sound asleep only to wake up yelling in pain with a 27lb cat, with all his claws, on top of your feet clawing away and biting.  

38 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Wait so a lesbian was married to a gay guy? Sounds like a sitcom I would watch. 

Wasn't funny in the long run. Talking about being the third wheel for everything. They weren't even living together, and I wasn't living with her. Suffice to say that's why she's an ex GF.

Wow, jealous cat! 

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Wow, jealous cat! 

yeah, he loved his momma (wife).  He would lay down on the edge of the carpet (up against the wall) where the carpet stopped at the kitchen.  When I walked by to the kitchen or to get to the bedroom, he would try and bite me too.  It was pretty amusing.  

I got my revenge though, one night I had stayed up really late, it was around 2am.  I picked him up off my side of the bed, put him on the floor.  Instead of falling asleep, I just waited, but had bent my legs and scooted down in the bed about a foot or two.  Sure enough, about 10 mins later, he jumped on the foot of the bed and started walking over to my feet.  As soon as he got in position and jumped on my feet, I extended my legs which now stuck off the bed and it knocked him into the floor.

He started meow ****ing and my wife, out of the blue, sits straight up in the bed and says, "That wasn't very nice.", then falls down and goes back to sleep.  He stopped after that night and was cool ever since.  Then he started his other sleeping habit, which carried on the next 10 years.  He would lay down between my head and the headboard stretched out on my pillow and would take his front paws and kneed my wife's hair.

I'd wake up in the middle of the night hot, sweaty, with a cat basically laying on my head.  That was annoying as hell too, but it wasn't mean or angry, so I'd just pick him up and move him off my pillow.  

Archived