Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Think I'm gonna get a used PS4 for watching blurays on in the movie room.  $199 ain't too bad and I'll be able to play games if I wanna.  Right now, I have a PS4 but it's in my office/gaming room.  Switching the PS4 from computer monitor to receiver/projector is a bit of a pain in the ass and, let's face it, I'm too opulent for that kind of hassle.

If you got an Xbox One S instead, it would play UHD Blu Rays.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

If you got an Xbox One S instead, it would play UHD Blu Rays.

My projector is 1080p so UHD isn't a priority for me at this point.  When the price point on 4K projectors comes down I'll be in the market, but I don't see that happening for at least another 5 years or so.  At that point, we will be in another gaming system generation.

But yes, if you couldn't tell, I've put some thought into it. :)

Just now, Springfield said:

My projector is 1080p so UHD isn't a priority for me at this point.  When the price point on 4K projectors comes down I'll be in the market, but I don't see that happening for at least another 5 years or so.  At that point, we will be in another gaming system generation.

But yes, if you couldn't tell, I've put some thought into it. :)

Makes sense.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Am I the only one too cheap to use Spotify or Pandora or any of that crap? If I like a song I just listen to it on Youtube for free "lolol"

I hear you, and I youtube the hell out of my favorite songs and albums.  But I'm a true pandora believer, because without it, I wouldn't of found out how much I like country and electronica.

It's that exposure to different types of music that keep me coming back.  I've had a paid pandora account for a while now, and waiting for their upgrades on their mobile version to make it to their web version.

One other thing I noticed, Youtube stops playing when I click the lock button to save my battery : )

56 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

playing ball outdoors is way more tiring than indoors 

I remember playing ball in the winter and spring months, outdoors.  We'd play from morning 'til sundown.  Cold air would regulate your body temperature.  Long sleeve in 50 degrees, be a 20 mph easterly wind, had to shoot a few feet to the side for it to curve in.

The worst part was hands getting all chapped and scaly from the cold, dry air.  If there was any moisture on the court, or the ball bounced in to the mud, your hands would be lookin' like Ashy Larry's after 'bout an hour.

5954c39ba2087_ashylarry2.gif.6279bdbcac1b3e7a514ffd0d682c1c40.gif

20 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I remember playing ball in the winter and spring months, outdoors.  We'd play from morning 'til sundown.  Cold air would regulate your body temperature.  Long sleeve in 50 degrees, be a 20 mph easterly wind, had to shoot a few feet to the side for it to curve in.

The worst part was hands getting all chapped and scaly from the cold, dry air.  If there was any moisture on the court, or the ball bounced in to the mud, your hands would be lookin' like Ashy Larry's after 'bout an hour.

White people you cray. No way I'm playing out there when its 50 degrees. **** that. 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

White people you cray. No way I'm playing out there when its 50 degrees. **** that. 

You acai juice sweatin' ass latinos just LOVE runnin' around when it's hotter than a stove on HI.

Indoor courts were more popular in the summer here, unless an outdoor court had lights for night time.

When I went Sunday to see Elvis & Jasmine, I let the nice manager lady talk me into coming back to do the boarding room in the afternoons ~ she damn near broke down and cried on me, she needs help so badly ~ and I know no one took care of the boarders like I did, so yeah...I'll be working more.  The good thing is that it's not the morning, after they've been in their kennels for 12 hours and some can't hold it...afternoons aren't as heavy with cleaning, just feeding and med-ing. 

Oh, and the owner was there...he talked to me more yesterday when I went to get my cat food (that they special order for me, I'm the only person who buys Nutro Duck & Potato, haha) than he did the entire 10 months I worked there before...I think he's trying to be nice so I'll bring pizza.

Hey....inconsiderate ****...when you are in line to get a coffee...dont be on the phone. If you can't follow this simple rule of consideration of others, then how about getting off the phone before you get to the poor woman who is taking your order, and don't make her feel like your gibberish brain dead conversation is more important to her

12 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Chillin in the backyard post workout. Headphones in listening to some Fugees from back in the day. Super chill. Kids in bed. Watching the sky slowly get darker. I needed this.

You forgot the part about sparking a fatty as you watched the sun vanish, with its last few rays of sunlight dancing on the horizon. ;) 

49 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Hey....inconsiderate ****...when you are in line to get a coffee...dont be on the phone. If you can't follow this simple rule of consideration of others, then how about getting off the phone before you get to the poor woman who is taking your order, and don't make her feel like your gibberish brain dead conversation is more important to her

The entire service industry thanks you for this.  :cheers:

yeah, that's pretty obnoxious.  

Asking the person on the phone to hold on as if they're bothered by having to place an order.  And then they're still looking at the menu when they get up there!  God damn ****ing hipster millennials :chair:

56 minutes ago, Xameil said:

So annoying.  Along with the those that feel the need to ask the barista a gazillion questions about the coffee.  I always get stuck behind that person it seems like.  And usually there is one "everything bagel" left and I get even more agitated because I know that after I have to stand there for 5 extra mins of questions, that asshole is going to take the last one.

Nobody cares how long the beans were roasted for or what flavor works best with your bull**** cream and sugar or fat free whip cream, etc.  Just order the damn coffee already.

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Nobody cares how long the beans were roasted for or what flavor works best with your bull**** cream and sugar or fat free whip cream, etc.  

Speak for yourself.  Some of us prefer not to fill our body with pesticides :rolleyes:

hipster-stupid-millennial-.jpg

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

Speak for yourself.  Some of us prefer not to fill our body with pesticides :rolleyes:

[pic of Chew getting coffee]

Seriously though, there are people who ask so many questions.  I don't mind a few questions, something to the extent of "What's in X"" talking like some crazy flavor/drink of the month  or "Do you have X available yet?" seasonal stuff.  Even, the standard, "What is your favorite?  or What do you Recommend?"

But when they sit there and start asking non-stop questions about every damn menu item or type of coffee like the Barista is being charged with murder, all up in the joint like

Image result for interrogation bright light

I get extremely annoyed.  And then they take the last Everything Bagel.............they start walking out all yippie and happy, hipster lookin ass like

Image result for strutting animated gif

Not knowing that when I have to order the one lame ass, been sitting there all morning, raisin bagel that's now left, that I'm secretly contemplating if I should strike and take the bagel that I have been craving all morning like

Image result for randy orton stalking animated gif

Archived