Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

When I had my four cats, before Dancer, they slept on my king bed. I like to sleep with the door closed, and they would want in or out all through the night, not at the same time. I finally threw them all out of my room, they had the rest of the house.

Dancer has her own "room" in my room with her own bed. A very workable solution.

My wife once had a cat just like that. Bit me (and everyone else) for the first few months we were dating, but eventually settled down.  Then we got a house, and she bought a pug. When it became obvious the pug needed a playmate, I suggested adopting a greyhound. She absolutely refused, insisting that greyhounds kill cats.  Then one day she was at a pet store and fell in love with a black lab puppy. Didn't even ask me (which has been the rule rather than the exception when it comes to her getting new pets) - I just came home from work to find a new dog in the house. He must have had some Great Dane in him, because he grew to be a slender 90 lbs. And one day when two of her cats managed to slip outside...he killed them.

Sounds like you needed to go shotgun shopping too, Tazinski.

God damn ****ing cats. Known my best friend's cat it since I was like 3, the cat knew me and I used to pet it all the time.  I was probably 7 at the time when I randomly went to pet her.  She two-pieced my hand with her claws (bleeding on both sides of my hand) and then she bit my arm, also bled.  I cried and went home.  

I've hated cats and been terrified of them ever since.  The little ****s are not to be trusted.  **** 'em all.

Despite the fact that they worship Satan and often use their kitty litter to construct an altar to Baal, I don't really hate cats. I just don't love them the way I love my dogs.

My dogs are my children. My stepcats are like my neighbor's children - I'm nice to them but don't ever want to have to take care of them.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Thinking of buying a house soon, but I just started dating a girl so I might wait. Things are going well, she could be the one, so maybe I'll wait and see maybe we'll move in together, eventually buy a house together, etc.

never wait. Buy the house now.  

34 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

My wife once had a cat just like that. Bit me (and everyone else) for the first few months we were dating, but eventually settled down.  Then we got a house, and she bought a pug. When it became obvious the pug needed a playmate, I suggested adopting a greyhound. She absolutely refused, insisting that greyhounds kill cats.  Then one day she was at a pet store and fell in love with a black lab puppy. Didn't even ask me (which has been the rule rather than the exception when it comes to her getting new pets) - I just came home from work to find a new dog in the house. He must have had some Great Dane in him, because he grew to be a slender 90 lbs. And one day when two of her cats managed to slip outside...he killed them.

That's crazy man.  Yeah, he was cool with me from day one when we got him.  Even when I'd stay over at her apartment, granted, I'd usually leave him outside her bedroom and close the door.  Since her roommate had a cat too and their litter box was in another room, he would play with the other cat and never really get pissy with anyone.  Until we moved, then his protectiveness of my wife along with his jealously came out.  

34 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Sounds like you needed to go shotgun shopping too, Tazinski.

God damn ****ing cats. Known my best friend's cat it since I was like 3, the cat knew me and I used to pet it all the time.  I was probably 7 at the time when I randomly went to pet her.  She two-pieced my hand with her claws (bleeding on both sides of my hand) and then she bit my arm, also bled.  I cried and went home.  

I've hated cats and been terrified of them ever since.  The little ****s are not to be trusted.  **** 'em all.

LOL, I've got some shotguns and rifles.  Cats are cool, though, like dogs or any other animal, one bad experience can traumatize a child.  Tazette got snapped at and chased by a medium sized dog at the park once and she had a slight fear of any dog for a while.  I remember one time her freaking out over some extremely small dog just with a high pitched bark.

I looked at her and said, "Look at the dog, it's tiny, even if it bit you it wouldn't hurt.  Plus, you could kick a FG with it."  She's grown out of it for the most part now.  Wants a dog...........which ain't happening until she can keep her room spotless.  Last thing I need is getting a puppy and have it choke to death on one of the gazillion lego pieces on her floor.  Which is also a nightmare for parents when walking into her room.  Nothing like stepping on a piece of lego barefoot or just with socks on.

Archived