Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Like I said, I'm good. I'm in a bit of a metamorphosis, but I'm good.

We love you, bro. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. But you still need to check in with the homies.

Life gets hectic, but the RTT remains constant. Kiss your girl, work your job, visit your family on Sundays....but always check in here with us. :)

RTT, the greatest thread on da internets. #facts #httr #family #love

Met a Redskins fan going into Kroger.  Thought I saw an "R" on his burgundy hat, turned my head to check, and he said "I like your jacket"...I was in a Skins shirt and burgundy zip-up hoodie...so I turned around, he pointed to his hat...cool Hail moment!

Yes to the heels of the bread, turn it inside for a grilled cheese.

Ghostbusters was arguably THE movie of my childhood. More than Indiana Jones, more than Star Wars, more than Howard the Duck. And the Ghostbusters cartoon rivaled TMNT. So that said, looking at this, I have absolutely no desire to see this bull****

030416_Ghostbusters.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, when that bombs, anyone associated with that is dead to me. **** up Ghostbusters, **** outta here

I just laughed till it hurt :lol:B)

now I'm back in the tailgate. Thanks a lot you two. I have to walk all the way back over to the stadium again, because yous people's can't hit a like button. Well, thanks a lot. We're gutting the roster and here I am, thanks to you, back in the tailgate.

Well good day to you miss.

Hence why I'm looking for a room/basement right now.

Every time I see you say looking for a room I think:

take her to a room.But yo I mean a rest room

now I'm back in the tailgate. Thanks a lot you two. I have to walk all the way back over to the stadium again, because yous people's can't hit a like button. Well, thanks a lot. We're gutting the roster and here I am, thanks to you, back in the tailgate.

Well good day to you miss.

You mean the check mark on posts?

Ive caught a couple episodes of that, as well as several seasons of The Layover, and Id have to agree. May be that he's kind of fatigued and is getting older, but damn, back when NR first came out in '04, it set the travel/cooking reality tv show world on fire. Totally unfiltered, smartass delivery, yet highly educational (I got a ton of subtle cooking tips from it over the years).

Never before had one show managed to combine food (all realms, from fine dining, to top level chef stuff, to hole in the wall goodness, to killing game out in the wilderness), travel, adventure, ungodly humor, anti-corporate food network empire ranting, and pop culture, and come across naturally, in such a relatable fashion.

There wasn't another show like it on tv. Now everyone tries to do their own version. A lot of them are good, but none can match Tony B. I love that guy

This

Entertainment is a strange phenomenon. The more under-resourced it is, the better it turns out

That's why no reservations was so good. It was a guy with no budget who had to do things like go fishing with the local moron which led to hilarity and plenty of "Gilligan" quips

Now it's him jet setting the world with Eric Ripert and the full resources of the largest news org in the world

Funny how movies are that way too. Worst movies have the highest budgets.

Which should tell everyone that by and large the entertainment industry has zero clue what they are doing

There are a lot of **** holes around the DC area that are expensive because they are around the DC area.  You get a ****ty old house for a lot of money.  Doesn't make it a great place to live, just makes a convenient commute.

Most places where cost of living is so high is because people have to live there not because they want to

you guys made my point for me.   

if there is a short run spike in prices (like near the oil rigs in the Dakotas) then there is a supply of housing issue that will work itself out eventually.   but if year in and year out enough people want to move into an area that it is driving up prices... SOMETHING has drawn people to an area to the point that they will overpay for a dump.   

------------------------------------------------------------

want to know what i hate.... i hate the fact that nine out ten google gits on any question is now some ****ty site that gives one line of text and then has a link to the next ONE line of text hidden amongst 75 ads and fake arrows ... and teh linked ONE line is  hidden amongst 75 ads and fake arrows ... etc ... etc.. etc...

**** that ****

wankers

--------------------------------------------------------------------

but in any case, the most expensive cities are some combo of Honolulu, NYC, Boston, San Diego, Miami, SF, Washington......

the cheapest are some combination of bum**** egypts, and decaying dying rustspots.  

its not an accident.  people WANT to move to the former, and WANT to leave the later

you guys made my point for me.

if there is a short run spike in prices (like near the oil rigs in the Dakotas) then there is a supply of housing issue that will work itself out eventually. but if year in and year out enough people want to move into an area that it is driving up prices... SOMETHING has drawn people to an area to the point that they will overpay for a dump.

want to know what i hate.... i hate the fact that nine out ten google gits on any question is now some ****ty site that gives one line of text and then has a link to the next ONE line of text hidden amongst 75 ads and fake arrows ... and teh linked ONE line is hidden amongst 75 ads and fake arrows ... etc ... etc.. etc...

**** that ****

wankers

You were implying that everyone must want to live where prices are high. I'm saying that's not the case. People HAVE to live there more often than not

nobody has to live anywhere.... there is something drawing them there.

(for instance, a good career advancing job is kinda desirable)

Oh stop it. What it boils down to is "are housing prices indicative of a better life". I would say no absolutely not, exact opposite in most cases not named Paris and NYC

I opted out of the high COLA area and I'm pretty happy with the decision. 

Now instead of hanging out with people in DC who constantly trade one upsmanship stories ("We ate at this awesome italian restaurant last night! Oh really? . . . Cool. I ate at a private restaurant in Rome once and we sat between Berlusconi and the Pope. The Pope spilled red sauce on his frock . . . That's way awesome! Reminds me of the time I had an audience with the Pope and I literally ate his Pope hat."

That's a typical DC conversation. 

Now in bum****, it's kinda the same except trade interesting people and places with deer and tree stands. 

I probably make less out here, but I get to keep more of my income and spend less time in a car. 

Oh stop it. What it boils down to is "are housing prices indicative of a better life". I would say no absolutely not, exact opposite in most cases not named Paris and NYC

people are always overstating the power of the market.... except in those situation where the market tells them exactly everything.   

if Roscoe owns a house in a sucky area with expensive houses ..... Roscoe should sell it and move  

(and would...unless the opportunity in that area is so great that he decides he doesn't WANT to move)

i could sell my little house inside the beltway, and buy a pretty damned nice one in Detroit.......    and then...... what?

Archived