Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

**** Microsoft......I love my XBox and current version of Windows........but **** them and their free Windows 10 upgrade.  Shoving that down my throat.  I don't want your broken, buggy, crap OS.  

It was nice of them to offer it for free, I even didn't mind the icon to upgrade for free that was placed in my taskbar.  It was harmless, until yesterday.  Stepped away from the computer, came back and there was a Microsoft pop-up window saying that my free upgrade to Windows 10 would start in 27 mins (with a countdown timer starting from 30 mins).

I was like WTF?  I didn't start any upgrade, thought maybe I accidentally clicked on it when I had gotten up.  Selected the cancel option at the bottom.  Intentionally clicked on the icon from the taskbar to bring it up and it launched the same window.  I had restarted my PC maybe 30 minutes before this happened, thought, ok it's now updated this icon to start a launcher with a countdown timer when you open it.

Before, when you clicked on it, it just had the options to upgrade or decline.  I declined/cancelled again, then went into the living room to watch some TV before going to bed.  Wake up this morning, turn my monitor on (I never turn off my PC, unless it needs to restart for updates) and it says something like, "Your free upgrade to Windows 10 is complete"

I was like WTF?!?!?  it has the terms of service stuff up there, etc.  I notice where you would click to accept the terms, there is an option to "decline and restore back to my previous version of Windows".  So I pick that, then it took about 10 minutes to do so.

I think that is ****ty on their part, to now force the upgrade on people, knowing that most people will step away for extended periods of time, so they can do the launcher and if you don't stop it, it will auto-install Windows 10.  Annoying as ****.

RIP Mythbusters.

It says something about the show when the reunion special was the best episode they did in their final season. That's what happens when you choose to eliminate fan favorites like Tory, Grant, and Kari from your show.

Man I loved that show. Don't have that mind of time anymore to catch all my faves, but that was high in my rotation,6-7 years ago.

That, No Reservations, City Confidential, Deadliest Warrior, Rescue Me. Crazy how time flies. All of those shows are gone

No Reservations > that cnn bull****

Ive caught a couple episodes of that, as well as several seasons of The Layover, and Id have to agree. May be that he's kind of fatigued and is getting older, but damn, back when NR first came out in '04, it set the travel/cooking reality tv show world on fire. Totally unfiltered, smartass delivery, yet highly educational (I got a ton of subtle cooking tips from it over the years).

Never before had one show managed to combine food (all realms, from fine dining, to top level chef stuff, to hole in the wall goodness, to killing game out in the wilderness), travel, adventure, ungodly humor, anti-corporate food network empire ranting, and pop culture, and come across naturally, in such a relatable fashion.

There wasn't another show like it on tv. Now everyone tries to do their own version. A lot of them are good, but none can match Tony B. I love that guy

MLS, you might want to delete/edit that post. We are not allowed to talk about football (any team) in here anymore or they will lock the RTT down.

This

Everything is changing :(

If theres anyone to blame, its me. Wasn't strictly enforced like it is now until I brought the heat down. Kinda like leaving a dead body in the street, now our backroom in the tittie bar is bugged, with three vans sitting outside.... one advertising zoony baloons, one with a guy selling jumbo shrimp out the back, and another one called TK's Plumbing and heating... all obviously listening in on this very conversation.

Gotta be careful. Matter of fact, you've veen gone for awhile. How do we know you didnt get popped and turn states?

Gotta be careful. Matter of fact, you've veen gone for awhile. How do we know you didnt get popped and turn states?

giphy.gif

lol For real though, I've been around, just haven't been posting much. I am in a good place now so I ain't got nothing to say. Also, I be late as a mugg on the conversations so I just be reading and laughing at y'all bammas.

I kinda like the rule, I hated coming in here on Sunday's and having to scroll through 10 pages of game talk that would have made the GD thread more enjoyable.

But anyway, we probably shouldn't talk about why we shouldn't talk about sports either.

So onto something random...does anybody eat the heel slices from a loaf of bread?

I'm banking on him being kidnapped by the institute and this MLS is a synth...

...I really need to finish FO4....

So onto something random...does anybody eat the heel slices from a loaf of bread?

#heelslicesmatter

I'm more of a sith than a synth....

I'd crush the end slices man. Those make the best grilled cheeses to be honest.

I'd still knock you the **** out. That'll never change. Lol I kid.

MLS what's good, man? You don't chime in much these days.

Like I said, I'm good. I'm in a bit of a metamorphosis, but I'm good.

Archived