Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

you could buy an even tinier one in the Bay Area in the shadow of you-know-who

no ****!! :)

i looked to find a house in palo alto to compare to the detroit price.... but there is NO house under $800k in the whole city according to zillow.    this 2 bed 1 bath destroyed foreclosure was teh only one under $1.2 m

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Palo-Alto-CA/19503229_zpid/26374_rid/700000-1100000_price/2526-3969_mp/any_days/37.450945,-122.071496,37.350304,-122.195607_rect/12_zm/ 

IS-hh8w711mvvx9.jpg

zilow estimate:  $740k

Of course! And more than anything I would ever need or want.

I mean, everyone thinks it would be super awesome. But you'd need a cleaning staff & gardners. (Not that I mind being a "job creator", but security issues being what they are, I'll stay a member of the "small folk".)

I don't like strangers in my house.

Strangely, I didn't like our house when we bought it. Wife loved it. I like it now because it's not too big—It's fine but I can't keep up with the maintenance on it. Just the perfect size house for two working adults who keep a pretty full schedule.

yeah... REALLY cheap.... :(

Right?!  Free room and board, sounds kinda "wahhh, poor me'ish" to me.  LOL

it's not too big

is that what she said?   :(

Folks often underestimate how much of a pain in the ass it is to maintain a big(ger) house

zillow estimate on this one:   $750 k

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/77588591_zpid/500000-_price/1804-_mp/any_days/38.051857,-84.498331,38.04874,-84.502209_rect/17_zm/

IS9tgdrzcr4nsk0000000000.jpg

gorgeous mansion, on several acres, in the middle of downtown lexington KY.  easy walk to bars and restaurants, and museums, UK, and UK basketball games

(i went to last Christmas mass next door )

asking price is $1.2 m   .... but it has been foundering on the market for years (the current 130 days listed is the for the third time that it has been put back on..... after being taken off market)

they think they can squeeze an extra 500k because Mary Todd Lincoln was raised there.    punters.

Folks often underestimate how much of a pain in the ass it is to maintain a big(ger) house

We've only got a "standard" 3-BR, 2 BA stupid 70s split-level. We've gotta pay the kids down the street to do yardwork, wash cars, etc...which is OK...we're job creators. They've actually turned it into a small business & have gotten odd jobs & steady grass cutting "contracts" from some of the other neighbors.  :)   Good kids. 

I couldn't imagine having to take care of all this **** myself. I used to have my own house, by myself, and I did the raking and small stuff, but cleaning gutters and yardwork I had to pay for. 

Look, man.  I'm a dude.  I'm not good with expressing my feels.  

That said, Extremeskins Mary (aka "the witch of duke" (we don't capitalize evil) ) is arguably the sweetest person I've ever met east of the Mississippi.  She "gets" us.   :wub:

Look, man.  I'm a dude.  I'm not good with expressing my feels.  

That said, Extremeskins Mary (aka "the witch of duke" (we don't capitalize evil) ) is arguably the sweetest person I've ever met east of the Mississippi. 

Awww...all that ceilin fan dust that I been-a needin' to clean just came-a flyin' into ma face, y'all...

Thanks, bro... :wub:

Look, man. I'm a dude. I'm not good with expressing my feels.

That said, Extremeskins Mary (aka "the witch of duke" (we don't capitalize evil) ) is arguably the sweetest person I've ever met east of the Mississippi. She "gets" us. :wub:

It's cause she's actually a dude. Surprised you didn't know

Archived