Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Doris Burke should not be the color commenter for NCAA basketball games.

I agree, her color isn't good...her play-by-play is better. I like a woman on the scene, tho.

Nothing beats asaparagus pee

I never knew about that stinkage till I got with hubby. ;) 

Also, Doc...make sure you take vitamins with food...it's in the instructions on the bottle for a reason.

If people would just read instructions, they wouldn't need WebMD so much. :D

Slipknot puts on a great show

Thanks. 

I've been to tons of concerts over the years. 

Everything from Michael Jackson to RUN DMC to Van Halen to Willie Nelson to NIN...you name it pretty much. 

Never seen either MM or Slipknot...looking forward to it and I have heard great things about both performances. 

Thanks.

I've been to tons of concerts over the years.

Everything from Michael Jackson to RUN DMC to Van Halen to Willie Nelson to NIN...you name it pretty much.

Never seen either MM or Slipknot...looking forward to it and I have heard great things about both performances.

Slipknot is probably in my top 6 of shows I've been to along with a head bangers ball tour with Anthrax headlining, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Metallica (black album), and Megadeth

Going to see Slipknot and Marilyn Manson in a few months. Should be a blast. 7th row center.

It's gonna suck hard. A fat dude is gonna wipe his ass with a bible and then a crew of talentless flunkies will come out and bang on trashcans. As you leave you will be filled with regret...so much wasted time and money on corporate pop-metal.

Enjoy the show...

My brother-in-law turns 50 this year and he's having a big birthday party. Apart from being my brother in law, I only moderately like him. We live about 5 hours away and we have some good reasons why going is not a "gimme". 

Any thoughts? Advice?

My brother-in-law turns 50 this year and he's having a big birthday party. Apart from being my brother in law, I only moderately like him. We live about 5 hours away and we have some good reasons why going is not a "gimme". 

Any thoughts? Advice?

If it's going on during the tourney, it's an easy out for me...I try not to miss anything. LOL

Also terrible.

Seriously did they kick your dog? Why the hate? They are better then alot out there that calls themselves music, and I would prefer them over what the band formerally known as Metallica puts out now....also a band that was said (by other metal bands) to be low on the talent scale...

First thing I learned & taught hubby's nephew by SSour was "Through Glass", the charts were in the GP with Steve & Joe on the cover...we were in Savannah...hubby broke out in tears, videotaped the final, & said he'd never seen just 2 people pull off something like that in less than an hour.
One of my finer moments.  :)

Lol Apparently Beal is taking the old "It's not the metal that I like, so it's not 'real' metal." approach.

Come on dude...

So they got into the mainstream. Whoopty doo. Does that mean we should forget how awesome the self titled album and demo tracks are/were? That they still play AT EVERY SHOW by the way, and straight up kill it. Not to mention the fact that in the time that they've been around, they've dabbled in Thrash, Black, and Death styles and still remain relevant to young and old headbangers alike.

You're more than welcome to dislike the music. Everyone has different tastes. But you should at least show SOME respect for the transcendence factor Slipknot has maintained over the years and even if not that, at the absolute very least for other folks' tastes.

Any thoughts? Advice?

So your wife doesn't want to go either?  If so, it's her family, put this decision on her lol  

Seriously though, it's just a birthday party and it's five hours away.  I guess it depends on how close your wife and he are and how close he is to your kids.  You don't want to disrupt any relationships, but shouldn't have to bend over backwards to attend.

I look at things differently, if it were my party, I'd not expect (nor would my wife) anyone to travel that far just to celebrate it, family or friends.  I would invite because I wanted them there if they could make time to attend.  But there wouldn't be any ill feelings if they didn't.  

But others, they get upset and take stuff like that personally and make big deals out of it.

So your wife doesn't want to go either? If so, it's her family, put this decision on her lol ...

But others, they get upset and take stuff like that personally and make big deals out of it.

I hear ya. It's actually my sisters husband.

I apologize if this is inappropriate.

1) I thought Kosher was black

2) if so, he's the only black person I've ever heard of that likes Slipknot

3) if not, disregard 1 and 2.

Apparently you haven't been in the name change thread because he "claims" to be Native American.

Archived