Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Out of surgery. She did great. About an 8cm tumor removed. In icu for tonight then CT scan and spinal mri tomorrow to make sure it did not spread anywhere else. If all goes well she should be home soon. Will know by Friday next week the rest of her treatment (radiation, chemo, etc). Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Abby is such a strong girl!!

Since I don't know your house or your neighborhood situation, I can't really speculate. But in the right area, you would get that money back and more in the sale of the house. If the work is done like harry homeowner, it might lessen the return, but I don't know your painting skillz. :wacko:

I'll say this.

We owe $233k on the house and I expect to get around $290-300k in sale. Anything more than that would be excellent. Between savings, 401k that I can take a loan against, etc, we have about another $40-50k saved up.

We are looking for a home that's in the $500-580k range. I'd like to be able to put 20% down to eliminate mortgage insurance and lower my monthly payment. I honestly don't expect the market to pop any longer and hopefully level off. That means I won't be able to refinance out of PMI any time soon if we don't get that magical 20%. They'll finance us for as little as 10% down, but that means I'll have a rather intimidating monthly payment.

So there, that's our situation.

Out of surgery. She did great. About an 8cm tumor removed. In icu for tonight then CT scan and spinal mri tomorrow to make sure it did not spread anywhere else. If all goes well she should be home soon. Will know by Friday next week the rest of her treatment (radiation, chemo, etc). Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Abby is such a strong girl!!

That's awesome news. I'm glad to hear that your daughter is so strong.

Still a small child. She'll bounce back fast at that age. It's probably hard for her to fully understand everything. Had my first surgery as an infant. Don't remember. Tonsils at 3, I remember. Then three surgeries on my neck (tumor) at 7, 8 and 8 1/2. Those I remember and understood, but not 100%.

I had heart surgery at 15 and another girl had the same surgery about one day before me and she was moving around way faster than I did.

Glad she's doing good.

I'll say this.

We owe $233k on the house and I expect to get around $290-300k in sale. Anything more than that would be excellent. Between savings, 401k that I can take a loan against, etc, we have about another $40-50k saved up.

We are looking for a home that's in the $500-580k range. I'd like to be able to put 20% down to eliminate mortgage insurance and lower my monthly payment. I honestly don't expect the market to pop any longer and hopefully level off. That means I won't be able to refinance out of PMI any time soon if we don't get that magical 20%. They'll finance us for as little as 10% down, but that means I'll have a rather intimidating monthly payment.

So there, that's our situation.

Those numbers are really tight.  Don't put yourself in a bind.  You got Realtor fees on the sale and closing costs, 401K loan payback.  That 20% might not be reachable over 500K.  None of my business but I wouldn't want you to put yourself in a situation you aren't prepared for.  A new kid is gonna cost you a lot more than you might expect.  Good luck.

Check out Thumbtack.com for cheap contractor bids. You can put out your own RFQs. We've used it for several small jobs in the last 6 months or so

Great news, Dave! Strong girl indeed.

Great news Dave, continued prayers her way bro. Great news broski!

It's gotten pretty real in here lately. Dave is usually a witty troll, yet when life hits hard it can bring even the most outgoing characters right down to Earth. Look no further than Tracy Morgan. Has to be one of the most outgoing comedians ever, but his situation with the accident shook him so hard that he was still in a state of persistent shock a year later.

We all hope for the best, and we're sorry you and your family have been dealt with this. Powerfull stuff going on in here.

I can tell you first hand that surgeons are unbelievable. The head surgeon at the hospital I work at is ice cold, slick Rick, confident as can be. Nothing phases the team. Awe inspring level-headed communication. Animal hospital, but humans are the same deal. Your little girl is in amazing hands my friend. Including yours. Daddy is her rock.

Those numbers are really tight. Don't put yourself in a bind. You got Realtor fees on the sale and closing costs, 401K loan payback. That 20% might not be reachable over 500K. None of my business but I wouldn't want you to put yourself in a situation you aren't prepared for. A new kid is gonna cost you a lot more than you might expect. Good luck.

Yep. Nearly all of my idle time is spent thinking numbers. I appreciate lending me your ear Chip. Thanks!

Abby is such a strong girl!!

Indeed! Such good news!...and for some reason, I thought she was 11 or so (don't know where I pulled that number from?)...she did awesome for a 5-yo! Wow!

Make sure you tell her she's got all of our support as well...when you're a kid with a fan club (so to speak), you feel like...True SuperGirl!

CT scan went great, looked like what they expected. 2 hour mri at 3 today. Thanks again for everything my friends. Sorry to derail the thread so much. Lots of down time and we are trading shifts here while the other goes home to be with our other kids.

CT scan went great, looked like what they expected. 2 hour mri at 3 today. Thanks again for everything my friends. Sorry to derail the thread so much. Lots of down time and we are trading shifts here while the other goes home to be with our other kids.

Don't ever apologize for something like this. This is a worthwhile derail. I'm glad to hear things are going well.

You never have to apologize in times like this bro.  That's what the RTT fam is here for, support.  Glad things are looking good so far, continued prayers her way.  

Archived