Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

i've been playing video games for over 30 years.  i'm a dork...but the dork comment was tongue in cheek.

still think espn is a whore, and this is explicit proof.

Copy that. I couldn't quite tell only because there is actually a lot of that kinda talk in some of the social media threads about the subject and it's FAR from tongue in cheek lol. And agreed.

ESPN jumped the shark when they started meddling in conference affiliations and created a giant awards show just so they could bring attention to themselves.

It doesn't surprise me that they would go the route of e-sports. It's already huge in Korea and Japan, from what I remember. Hell, they have thousands of pro-gamers who just play 12 hours a day there as a job. Isn't that every 13-18yo male who is average in sports wet dream?

BTW - I think Chip Kelly is going to kill it in SF. NFL coaches with that type of ingenuity always seem to do better the 2nd time around. 

Shanahan in Denver, Carroll in Seattle, Belichik in New England. Could Kelly join that club? Only if he can get Kap to buy in. Otherwise, the Yorks might not have the patience to let Kelly develop another QB.

To me, I couldn't stand ESPN when they were unloading hours upon hours of Poker on TV. I'd rather watch people play video games than poker. though, neither are really worth watching. I remember back in the mid-90s, ESPN would show sports in the middle of the day. Cricket or Rugby or golf or tennis (also for a hot minute they showed street hockey). Now it's just hours of sportscenter and opinion shows, with maybe 1 game a day. I'm at the point where i don't turn on ESPN unless the skins are on.

ESPN jumped the shark when they started meddling in conference affiliations and created a giant awards show just so they could bring attention to themselves.

It doesn't surprise me that they would go the route of e-sports. It's already huge in Korea and Japan, from what I remember. Hell, they have thousands of pro-gamers who just play 12 hours a day there as a job. Isn't that every 13-18yo male who is average in sports wet dream?

BTW - I think Chip Kelly is going to kill it in SF. NFL coaches with that type of ingenuity always seem to do better the 2nd time around. 

Shanahan in Denver, Carroll in Seattle, Belichik in New England. Could Kelly join that club? Only if he can get Kap to buy in. Otherwise, the Yorks might not have the patience to let Kelly develop another QB.

yeah, and chip kelly the gm can't kill chip kelly the coach.

Wait, ESPN shows people playing video games? Adults?

Well, they've done "Madden Nation" for years, so yeah. But they're also delving into eSports.

I figured this was coming when I first saw how big the numbers were for the tourneys that Twitch broadcasts. I KNEW this was coming the day I saw you could draft teams for eSports on Draft Kings.

An annoying trend I've been seeing lately. Certain people, when they text or email you, will ask a question but won't put a question mark at the end.

Are you coming over later

Where are you going

I hate bad grammar! Put a question mark on it.

Why does it annoy you

Well, they've done "Madden Nation" for years, so yeah. But they're also delving into eSports.

I figured this was coming when I first saw how big the numbers were for the tourneys that Twitch broadcasts. I KNEW this was coming the day I saw you could draft teams for eSports on Draft Kings.

eSports means video games, doesn't it? Why are we calling it eSports? Doesn't sport mean athlete?

More gatoraid, less Code Red.

It's only the black ones

you're really not making this easy.

Archived